Le Gold tournament set (1 Viewer)

The only minor issue is you kind of lose that effect on the last 3 chips since they all kind of just blend into the same color. So maybe just keep it to the original?
Yeah, that was my intention, at least for 1k and 25k, but probably best for 5k as well.

And then on the $1k chip, ditch that red edge spot altogether, and replace it with the base green color of the $25 chip?
Yea, na. Green would work fine there in another setting, but here it would ruin the flow. (It's DG Orange at the moment).

Do you have a mold sample set from CPC? I have heard that the feel of the different molds are quite substantial. If I were you I would try to get like 5-10 chips on each of the mold you are considering to get a better feel of how the different molds handle.
I do have samples, both colors and molds (the mockup is based on photos of these). I do feel the difference, but here it's really about aesthetics.

Been staring at the mockups and, for this design, DSQ > Scroll > CS. My gut currently says DSQ for the primary set and Scroll for the secondary one (once, when COVID-19 is gone and incomes come back to normal). Even though "the scroll mold sucks and should never be used" and "even if your theme is the flying spaghetti monster, the lasso club, Stevie's swirly poker house, or the Dead Sea Scroll Club, my answer is still DSQ > scroll mold " (@RainmanTrail 2017), I feel it does work for this theme/inlay.

Here are the current versions of both designs, both with colored inlays and the first one with a Light Chocolate 5k (for test purposes, as I saw that the contrasts might be too similar to that of the 100 if I use Chocolate).

Primary set (more bold/contrasting/complimentary color combinations, progressive spots):
Chip_All_DS_InlayColors.png

Secondary set (all spots 3D14, mostly following the base color):
Chip_2nd_All_Scroll.png

Speaking of which - does anyone have real-world examples of combinations Imperial Blue / Light Blue / DG Peacock? Which three blue colors would work well together? If none, I might change the brighter spot back to white.

You’re kind of looking at confusion regardless of which shade of brown you use. The light brown could easily be confused with the $1k chip. At least with the Dark brown, it’s a larger denomination than the $100 where they may not come in to play together as often.

I’m not really a fan of the scroll mold but I do think it woks really well here. I prefer it over the DSQ.

I’m also not so sold with the inlays being color matched in these mockups. It looked potentially good in the previous mockup but now it’s just looks too much.

And on the imperial blue, have you considered light gray instead of white?

You’re kind of looking at confusion regardless of which shade of brown you use. The light brown could easily be confused with the $1k chip. At least with the Dark brown, it’s a larger denomination than the $100 where they may not come in to play together as often.
I have the samples next to each other and there seems to be a good enough contrast between Canary and Light Chocolate (and then towards Retro Blue). I do find the normal Chocolate to be a much nicer color though... and it is true that $100 and $5k are relatively far apart in the play.
20200326_085910.jpg

I’m also not so sold with the inlays being color matched in these mockups. It looked potentially good in the previous mockup but now it’s just looks too much.
It does look much better on the secondary set where the spot colors (and thus the colored scrolls) match the base color. Might decide to use them only there.

And on the imperial blue, have you considered light gray instead of white?
Indeed, Light Gray might work there, it's a tad brighter than Light Blue and still has a bluish tone to it. Will consider, thanks.

Set 1...1,5 and 25 are great, 100 too cocky, 1000 needs much work in my opinion, try different inlays

Set 2...timid but nice, from 1 to 100 great chips, rest is like you run out of ideas, try maybe something bold, new, maybe 1/4 or 1/2 pie

That's just my opinion. Set 2 from 1 to 100 I would gladly buy for cash game.

Set 2...timid but nice, from 1 to 100 great chips, rest is like you run out of ideas, try maybe something bold, new, maybe 1/4 or 1/2 pie
It's called consistency. Changing into pies would mean a completely different set.

Set 2 probably won't happen anyway. As much as I love #1, the CPC route is too painful and I'll probably do THC solids for #2.

It's called consistency. Changing into pies would mean a completely different set.

Set 2 probably won't happen anyway. As much as I love #1, the CPC route is too painful and I'll probably do THC solids for #2.
I do like it. Anyway I would need only 1,5,25 and 100. You be selling or is that just private use? Never thought about 2.50 chip?

I do like it. Anyway I would need only 1,5,25 and 100. You be selling or is that just private use? Never thought about 2.50 chip?
Never planned on selling any of these, it is just for my cave.

The primary T100 is my favorite those colors just pop with the black. Im in the process of mocking up my own 3DSA316 tournament set as a tribute to my new puppy and my Hundo is identical. You developed an all around incredible set. It’s funny when people say personal customs don’t hold much resale value because I’ve seen countless sets I’d be happy to have. Well done, now post more photos!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom