Latest Aruba Palm Beach $1 mockups (1 Viewer)

Which option do you prefer?

• Total voters
Oops sorry I missed your previous post saying that the apple shape couldn't be done.

No worries. I'm sure @Gear could do a modified apple of sorts, but it might lose some of the impact without the sharp corners (IMO).

No worries. I'm sure @Gear could do a modified apple of sorts, but it might lose some of the impact without the sharp corners (IMO).

Yup. I tried it once, and it wasn't very good. Sort of the "red delicious" version of an apple shape -- mushy and not very flavorful.

It's been awhile since 10th grade geometry but I'm pretty sure "circle" is a shape.

Yes, circle is most certainly a shape. A shaped inlay, however, implies to me a shape other than the default inlay shape (circle).

But let's not get caught up in the minutiae. Instead let's talk about more important things - got any of those APB $100 chips we traded with each other almost 5 years ago?

Latest iteration. Similar to the original, but a smaller amplitude on the peaks so that it's not as close to the $25 inlay.

shallow(est) star
ABP shaped 6.jpg

shallow(er) star
ABP shaped 5.jpg

original shallow star
ABP shaped.jpg

How about 8 peaks instead of 12? That should sufficiently differ it from the scallop $25.

How about 8 peaks instead of 12? That should sufficiently differ it from the scallop $25.

I'll mock one up when I get back home tonight. The issue as the number of leaks goes down, you needed deeper peaks/valleys to avoid looking like an octagon. Then the issue is making sure you cover the entire existing hotstamp.

I say just round. I'm a purest. Apple would also work.

I'd be more inclined to round if I knew I wasn't going to add a frac. But since I'd ultimately like to add a quarter down the road, I'd like to save the round for that one.

Also, Apple was one of my top choices, but for technical reasons discussed earlier, it's unfortunately not feasible.

if you could get the cam to work it would look sweet. Just not like the one pictured on page 1. I dont like the tapered look of the flutes.

more like this..

$1 mock.jpg

What blue chip are you planning to use? Please don't say California Hotel $1s....

Nah. Vegas World $1/free plays. (Not planning on using those 25s, that's just the only picture on my camera roll)

IMG_6690.JPG

Last edited:
Nah. Vegas World $1/free plays. (Not planning on using those 25s, that's just the only picture on my camera roll)

View attachment 112389
Oh those Vegas world Free plays look hideous with those chips:whistle: :whistling:
You should send them to me to keep them away from the evil machine that plans on "killing" oops I meant milling these chips. I am sure any other non Vegas chip would look wonderful with this set.

Just pulling your leg. You know how I am with Vegas chips! They look great!
Even though they would look
better in my chip closet!

Agree. Best option I've seen yet.

8 Peak FTW. Close this thread and proceed so no one feeds you with any more and/or different ideas.

David O

Another vote for 8 peak. Saving the circle for your frac makes it a slam dunk!

1 > 3 > 2 for me.

That new one just doesn't flow well enough for me. On its own i like it though!

So here's the direct comparison between the 12 point shallow(er) star and the 8 point star.

I'm a bit torn. If I was just comparing the two options without regard to the set, I prefer the 12-point version on its own. However, in the context of the set, I think there's a strong case to be made for the 8-point in terms of differentiating it from the $25. At least we're all in agreement on the hexagon $500, right? :whistle: :whistling:

abp-shaped-5-jpg.112384

abp-shaped-7-jpg.112409

I like the 8-pointer a lot.

I think I slightly prefer the look of the 12 point, but the 8 point goes better with the set.

Either one will be an awesome outcome.

12 point shallow(est) star for me.

Sorry to be "that" guy, but if you're looking for honest input, I don't really like the new blue chip with this set for the $1. I think your previous $1 was better. But finding a good blue $1 with matching edge spots is pretty damn difficult for this set. I remember spending countless hours trying to find one that would fit with the Yosemite Inn set. Definitely a daunting task. Good luck either way, still an awesome set!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom