Kobe Bryant Helicopter Crash (1 Viewer)

Without a doubt... one of the game’s greatest.
Humble, competitive, honorable.
He truly was an amazing player, but beyond that was an amazing father, husband, friend to so many, and role model to millions!

Gone way to soon... and unfortunately won’t see his induction to the HOF this year. That ceremony is going to be one not to miss !!!

Except when he is raping 19 year olds in his hotel room...I guess.
In the overarching scheme of things, hopefully the good outweighed the bad. He absolutely was a legend and competitive beyond all get out, absolutely sad timing and for all those involved. It hurts. Lots of stories from playing days that weren't good, pretty much all positive afterwards from what he was doing. Sad he won't get to continue to push in the right direction.

Last edited:
horrible news and his 13 year old daughter gianna was on board.

I hope the media will allow the wife and remaining 3 daughters to mourn in peace, and let them speak when they are ready.

Rest In Peace to all lost in the crash

Much of my childhood was spent doing fade aways in the driveway pretending to be him. Truly saddening made even worse by his daughter being with him. RIP

Some sad shit. Saw Kobe play many times. Feel bad for all the families involved. I haven’t heard a lot of news on it. However, I think the site crash was around Las Virgenes Rd(7-8 miles from my house). This is in the Santa Monica mountain range and goes from the 101 fwy down into Malibu. It’s been overcast all day here. Wouldn’t be surprised if fog had something to do with it. RIP

Very sad day in Cali... guy was a legend and hard to hear his 13 year old daughter was with him too.... prayers out to the mamba family and the other daughters family that was on the heli...

Some sad shit. Saw Kobe play many times. Feel bad for all the families involved. I haven’t heard a lot of news on it. However, I think the site crash was around Las Virgenes Rd(7-8 miles from my house). This is in the Santa Monica mountain range and goes from the 101 fwy down into Malibu. It’s been overcast all day here. Wouldn’t be surprised if fog had something to do with it. RIP
Could a bird cause this ?

I heard someone on TV say that they were circling LA, then went off to where the crash occurred... They were speculating that there was a mechanical issue and the pilot was looking for a more remote place to land.

Except when he is raping 19 year olds in his hotel room...I guess.

I'm sorry man but I find this offensive.

He wasn't convicted of any crime in the case you're referencing. His accuser dropped the charges, then filed a civil suit which was settled out of court.

So while he might be guilty of that which he was accused of in your mind, I would hope you'd consider that it's at least as likely that the girl in question made a false accusation, then parlayed that into a nice payday. Kobe on the other hand - while facing a possible life sentence, was given the opportunity to write a check to make the whole situation go away.

What do you think is more likely to be true?

Last edited:

He wasn't convicted of any crime in the case you're referencing. His accuser dropped the charges, then filed a civil suit which was settled out of court.

So while he might be guilty of that which he was accused of in your mind, I would hope you'd consider that it's at least as likely that the girl in question made a false accusation, then parlayed that into a nice payday. Kobe on the other hand - while facing a possible life sentence, was give the opportunity to write a check to make the whole situation go away.

Agreed. It’s messed up.

So while he might be guilty of that which he was accused of in your mind, I would hope you'd consider that it's at least as likely that the girl in question made a false accusation, then parlayed that into a nice payday. Kobe on the other hand - while facing a possible life sentence, was give the opportunity to write a check to make the whole situation go away.

While not convicted, he did later publicly acknowledge the sexual encounter may not have been consensual:
"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

It took a big person to admit this.

While not convicted, he did later publicly acknowledge the sexual encounter may not have been consensual:
"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado."

It took a big person to admit this.
I don't mean to be a dick here and I don't want to bad mouth someone who just died, but you guys defending him on this is just a little crazy imho. So he admitted to raping this girl and paid her off to stay out of jail and then he felt so sorry about it afterwards? Yeah, sounds like he's such "a big person to admit this". The blatant accepted misogyny in our society simply baffles me sometimes.

He was an amazing basketball player, I'll agree to that.

I don't mean to be a dick here and I don't want to bad mouth someone who just died, but you guys defending him on this is just a little crazy imho. So he admitted to raping this girl and paid her off to stay out of jail and then he felt so sorry about it afterwards? Yeah, sounds like he's such "a big person to admit this". The blatant accepted misogyny in our society simply baffles me sometimes.

He was an amazing basketball player, I'll agree to that.

Did you even read his statement? He said "No money has been paid to this woman". She refused to use his above statement in the court of law, AND also refused to testify against him. I wonder why....?

Here is the bottom line, and I hope this ends all comments about this. The only two people that know exactly what happened in that hotel room is Kobe and the 19 year old. One of them is now dead, and if Kobe truly did rape that girl, then he is now burning in hell. We will never know.

What we do know is a Father/Husband is gone, along with a 13 year old Daughter/Sister. That family will never be the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom