Kickstarter Link: Desjgn Bridge w/Jumbo Index (2 Viewers)

I don't have the room for more poker art, but all 4 mounted and framed would look pretty cool.

I've seen Hearts and Spades - are we sure Clubs and Diamonds exist?

Yes they exist. Oops my club is upside down.

2017-10-23 15.26.52.jpg

How can you tell? I think maybe your card is upside down.
Yeah believe it or not, the ace's "flourish" has the overall shape of the appropriate suit.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.JPG

Last edited:
You see spade diamond club heart. I see vagina vagina vagina vagina.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. I like all 8 things quite a bit.

I'm glad it's not just me !

I’m not sure about those little weird 4 corner indexes.

I wasn't sure either until I used them. It's really awesome to not have to lift up the top 1/3 of the cards to see the pips. Everybody I've introduced them to ends up loving them. I don't expect Desjgn to offer them though- it's a niche variation of a niche product desired only by those in a niche community. :)

I wasn't sure either until I used them. It's really awesome to not have to lift up the top 1/3 of the cards to see the pips. Everybody I've introduced them to ends up loving them. I don't expect Desjgn to offer them though- it's a niche variation of a niche product desired only by those in a niche community. :)

Although I see why people like them, it ruins the thrill of the squeeze for me!

It's really awesome to not have to lift up the top 1/3 of the cards to see the pips

Not to derail Jason's thread, but these "poker index" cards were attempted at the 2007 WSOP, and the issue isn't with the cards in your holding, but rather when the board cards come out, it's VERY hard to see the 6's and 9's correctly, which is why the WSOP staff pulled the cards within a day or 2 of using them..........
Here's a link to an article about them: http://www.pokerlistings.com/new-card-design-a-big-deal-at-wsop-14595

Basically, having the Pips on the sides of the cards is not a good thing.......

Not to derail Jason's thread, but these "poker index" cards were attempted at the 2007 WSOP, and the issue isn't with the cards in your holding, but rather when the board cards come out, it's VERY hard to see the 6's and 9's correctly, which is why the WSOP staff pulled the cards within a day or 2 of using them..........
Here's a link to an article about them: http://www.pokerlistings.com/new-card-design-a-big-deal-at-wsop-14595

Basically, having the Pips on the sides of the cards is not a good thing.......

Those WSOP cards are definitely poorly designed - they deserve to have been pulled from play.

The Modiano cards have the suit below the value, which enforces orientation. This handily solves the ambiguity problem present in the WSOP decks. I have never had a player complain about this issue with the decks I have. Additionally, the Modiano decks have indices in each corner, which is nice for the left handed folks.

To each their own, though. I'm plenty happy alternating between Desjgn and Modiano. :)

Last edited:
I recently sold a deck of Fournier vision index because I hate hate hated looking at them. Part of the problem was the security ink red (which this google picture doesn't appear to have) but more than anything, it's just awkward and annoying. In my opinion. And that of my friends.
fournier-plastic-playing-cards-large-pips-blue_1~4.jpg

I recently sold a deck of Fournier vision index because I hate hate hated looking at them. Part of the problem was the security ink red (which this google picture doesn't appear to have) but more than anything, it's just awkward and annoying. In my opinion. And that of my friends.
View attachment 129950
:sick:

Thank you for the comments and glad more orders are arriving to people. The last two evenings have been a mad dash to get remaining orders out the door! Hopefully everyone received tracking numbers as necessary.

With all due respect to doing another kickstarter, I would really love a break thank you very much. (y) :thumbsup:

However, if another did happen it would be for additional back colors for bridge / jumbo and the request to have them printed on the Classic Culture stock of plastic. I still would like to do the blackjack index, pinochle decks, and yes the 4-color but not with any disasterous poker peek indices.

Ok, I am tired....

Thank you for the comments and glad more orders are arriving to people. The last two evenings have been a mad dash to get remaining orders out the door! Hopefully everyone received tracking numbers as necessary.

With all due respect to doing another kickstarter, I would really love a break thank you very much. (y) :thumbsup:

However, if another did happen it would be for additional back colors for bridge / jumbo and the request to have them printed on the Classic Culture stock of plastic. I still would like to do the blackjack index, pinochle decks, and yes the 4-color but not with any disasterous poker peek indices.

Ok, I am tired....
So tomorrow after a good night sleep? :whistle: :whistling:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom