The Poker Store playing cards. Anyone use them? (2 Viewers)

They're not bad if you don't want to pay for desjgn or even more expensive Dal Negro, Fournier, and don't have the patience to find Cartamundi Belgium, Piatnik.

I'd still pay $20 for desjgn over buying these, but if you have players that abuse the cards or use a new setup for every game, these are worth a look.

I'd also look at the Broken Arrow cards for bridge jumbo as well. Great value there.

They're not bad if you don't want to pay for desjgn or even more expensive Dal Negro, Fournier, and don't have the patience to find Cartamundi Belgium, Piatnik.

I'd still pay $20 for desjgn over buying these, but if you have players that abuse the cards or use a new setup for every game, these are worth a look.

I'd also look at the Broken Arrow cards for bridge jumbo as well. Great value there.
Thanks. I do have some Broken Arrow setups and I do like them. As I look at the backs of Poker Store cards, the design element resembles Broken Arrow (diagonal crosshatch pattern with smaller elements in the spaces). So if they are sourced from the same supplier then the only advantage to Poker Store is they offer a lot of different colors. On the downside, they only come in tuck boxes, not the nice double deck box of Broken Arrows.

They're way better than paper, of course. But they've always felt super stiff to me. Maybe they would get better with more use.

Some people like them stiff. Some prefer good cards like KEMs.

[cue "oh boy... here we go" GIF]

I use my PokerStore.com cards when I am playing with a people who are learning how to shuffle. They tend to be harder on cards because they grip the deck with fingers of steel and contort the cards into geometric shapes I can't even describe.

I've used the bridge size and have them with very different backsides on them as seen below. I'm not sure they sell these versions any longer (purchased 2 years ago) and the ones you buy could be different than what I am describing here. But these are flexible with very little to no texture on them. They are easy to riffle and pull back together again compared to cards that have more texture and are more stiff like the Desjgn, which are outstanding in their own right. No weird smell.

IMG_6586.jpeg

IMG_6587.jpeg

Because I have purchased cards from here before, they included a promotional Poker size deck of cards with their logo. And I think these are going to be more like the Bridge size you would buy from them today. These cards are Poker size with a cream colored box and jumbo index. The heart and spade pip shapes are not the rounded, chubby version like the Dal Negro pips. They are pointy and have a sexy look to them. The poker size are very flexible and just a little texture on them. It is not enough to hinder riffling and pulling them back together. They are very easy to shuffle and don't have any weird smell. Not super thick card stock and not stiff.

IMG_6590.jpeg

This is what I like to use from ThePokerStore. These are the Poker size with jumbo index, cream box, and full blead backside. They are very nice and easy to shuffle, and for the price they are hard to beat if you are on a budget. These remind me of Copags without the PVC smell.

IMG_6588.jpeg

Regarding no box for these cards, they do sell plastic card cases for single decks. They aren't the fancy wood boxes, but they are better than the cardboard tuck boxes. These work out nice if you have a deck KEM that KEM bows KEM. You can place a 60mm button in the case on top and put a rubber band around the plastic box to keep them compressed.

Good luck.
There are plenty of options out there.

Attachments

• IMG_6588.jpeg
    IMG_6588.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 37
They're way better than paper, of course. But they've always felt super stiff to me. Maybe they would get better with more use.

Some people like them stiff. Some prefer good cards like KEMs.

[cue "oh boy... here we go" GIF]
Thanks for the reply. I've been around a long time and have used LOTS of different brands including Copag which are just ok. From the beginning, I was in love with KEM cards. They were just as smooth as butter, easy to handle, good designs, etc. But they bowed, and rather quickly. For the premium price I quit and will never buy KEMs again. This Poker Store brand is one that I have never tried and they are readily available so I was curious to learn about them before spending $$. I think the only other brand I see mentioned that I haven't tried is Statesman cards but they are not readily available for purchase (along with most BRIDGE size, JUMBO index cards I can find) maybe other than Copag.

Thanks for the reply. I've been around a long time and have used LOTS of different brands including Copag which are just ok. From the beginning, I was in love with KEM cards. They were just as smooth as butter, easy to handle, good designs, etc. But they bowed, and rather quickly. For the premium price I quit and will never buy KEMs again. This Poker Store brand is one that I have never tried and they are readily available so I was curious to learn about them before spending $$. I think the only other brand I see mentioned that I haven't tried is Statesman cards but they are not readily available for purchase (along with most BRIDGE size, JUMBO index cards I can find) maybe other than Copag.

What about Desjgn?

Second for @desjgn ordering links here

I used the other generic set @Bacon Dad has, cards aren't bad but it bleeds really fast. Not much faith in the ones you're looking at if that's the quality of their generic brands.

Second for @desjgn ordering links here

I used the other generic set @Bacon Dad has, cards aren't bad but it bleeds really fast. Not much faith in the ones you're looking at if that's the quality of their generic brands.
Interesting. I haven’t used them for many sessions. What do you mean by “bleeds”? Is that where the color on the pips start to schmear?

@CraigT78 Thank you so much! BUT, if you didn't love them, I probably won't either. No reason to put you through the trouble.
Very nice of you to offer :tup:

What about Desjgn?
Yes, I've tried them: The only bridge/jumbo available now are the classic diamond with blackjack index. The index is smaller than jumbo and my crew just do not like the other type with 4 color suits. Unfortunately, a card in my setup had a small flaw develop on the back after very little use, so I had to pitch them, and they're not cheap setups.

Yes, I've tried them: The only bridge/jumbo available now are the classic diamond with blackjack index. The index is smaller than jumbo and my crew just do not like the other type with 4 color suits. Unfortunately, a card in my setup had a small flaw develop on the back after very little use, so I had to pitch them, and they're not cheap setups.

Desjgn will replace defective single cards. Price wise I find them reasonable.

Interesting. I haven’t used them for many sessions. What do you mean by “bleeds”? Is that where the color on the pips start to schmear?
The color from the back of the card transfers to the face of the cards touching it. The green deck was most noticeable with green spots on the card faces. I'm not sure if that's the right term for it, just seemed appropriate.

The color from the back of the card transfers to the face of the cards touching it. The green deck was most noticeable with green spots on the card faces. I'm not sure if that's the right term for it, just seemed appropriate.
I’ll have to look for that. Great heads up! They are cheap cards so I don’t expect them to have the longevity of a Fournier or Dal Negro.

How fast do they wear BTW? Do they last as long as Fournier, Desjgn, other popular brands or they do wear faster than them?

Cards / feel / etc. is a pretty subjective topic, but that said, we've used a deck or two of these over the past several months in our weekly cash game. Our guys (who started with paper bicycies!) got used to, and liked the Copags I introduced into the game. I came across a couple decks of these for free, and since our guys are very rough on cards, i put these into the rotation when somebody put a big crease in a Copag and we had to throw them out. These have held up pretty well so far. I know there are much more expensive cards out there - but for them money, these are worth considering. To me, they feel thinner and slightly more flexible that Copags, but might be a touch more slippery. The jumbo index is easy to see and for the price, I'd likely buy them again - maybe even over Copags. On top of that, my interaction with the folks at The Poker Store have been very positive, and I would definitely buy from them with no hesitation.

Copag does replacement cards for free btw , idk how many per deck they will do but has helped me from replacing a set.
Copag did offer to replace an entire deck that looked like this. Based on that I'd rate their customer service as excellent. However I tossed the cards in the garbage. (not worth the price of shipping and aggravation just to get new cards that start fading with the first shuffle)

Attachments

• PC160008.JPG
    PC160008.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PC160010.JPG
    PC160010.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 15
  • PC160012.JPG
    PC160012.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 14

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom