Kickstarter Link: Desjgn Bridge w/Jumbo Index (1 Viewer)

I finally framed my uncuts.
7B861953-3133-457A-BB3F-C936F5539711.jpeg

The words “smooth plastic” scare me. But who knows - I’ll wait and see :)

When I mention smooth plastic, I was hoping just to let people know that there will be a difference in feel from the textured plastic from Modiano and what the reprinted decks will feature. I am glad to get started on this reprint so that this Kickstarter can finally be complete...not real excited about the cost, but I do what I have to do to get things right.

Again I am very appreciative of the effort made for those who donated to help with this reprint!

If it cuts down on costs, I think we all still have the boxes the old decks came in. Even if the cards are compromised, the boxes were fine.

Was not part of the Kickstarter. Update is for backers only. Can anybody provide a brief summary?

Was not part of the Kickstarter. Update is for backers only. Can anybody provide a brief summary?

Entire story is here... https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bridge-jumbo-index-issue.24936/

Quick summary: Cards were printed with inconsistent ink density on the backs, making some cards look darker/lighter than others. Due to the order in which the cards were aligned on the master sheet, the inconsistencies happened on the same cards in every deck, which allowed some people (with good vision) to determine certain cards just by looking at the backs. The vendor refused to reprint the order, so DESjGN is reprinting with a new vendor at his own expense, and at a massive financial loss.

Last edited:
Update is he’s getting the cards reprinted on very similar stock to the classic cultures.

They started with "We don't see it".
PCF community bombarded them with complaints.
Thay told one Icelandic purchaser/distributor that called on the phone to complain "We're fixing it"
They then never even tried the reprint, and gave Desjgn the complete run-a-round.

Long story short: Never buy Modaino cards again. Their concern about security in playing cards is entirely non-existent. If you are using Modiano cards and someone seems to be getting a perfect read, it might just be because their vision is better than yours.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom