Jessie Beck fracs (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you are saying, yellow more than canary in the low light. I think the orange will be the bigger contrast, I wanted to avoid dayglo to blend in a bit with less "pop".

Now I am doubting reality.....
The dayglow orange also provides more contrast with canary (vs using weighted orange) since it is a darker shade.... and it's not really an eyepopper, like most of the other CPC dayglo colors (although the JB $5 chip certainly has it's fair share of pop).

I do think it's less of an issue with normal spots, but canary will definitely be capable of causing dirty stacks imo with that much edge real estate if using 1/4- or 1/2-pies.

I first settled on dg peach and dg orange as 1/4-pie colors (also seriously considered peach w/gray and w/charcoal), but later decided that $25 chips would so rarely be in play in any games I spread that I'd rather have three different spot patterns on the felt simultaneously (tri-moon quarters, 1/4-pie dollars, and the $5s -- plus I still have the solid black JB hot-stamped no-denoms that can now be used as nickels for microstakes with no repeating patterns across four chips). Plus no metal flakes, as I feel they really detract from the look when paired with TRK chips.

@BGinGA - Totally agree. I think the tri-moon is the way to go. I also have a rack of the black no demon JBs and thought the same thing. 4 chips, 4 different spots. I'm just concerned with making a frac that works color-wise so the dayglo colors scare me. But for spots only, maybe?

I think I'm now leaning towards a gray-based chip with dg-peach or gray with tri-color dg peach/dg arc yellow/dg orange.

Ugh. And this is why I've never been able to design an entire custom set. I can't even decide on a single chip.

Biggest reason I dumped my gray and charcoal versions were due to dirty stack issues with the $1 chip in low light (gray too close to tan, and charcoal too close to dark blue). Shame, too, because both peach/gray and peach/charcoal are outstanding CPC color combinations.

I even had the peach/gray samples plus JBs in hand and was ready to type in my order.... when I sat down with the laptop in front of the TV, looked down at the stack of chips in my hand in low light and thought, "oh crap.....".

Just snapped these...

249421 249422 249424 249425

I agree on the Canary and Charcoal. The DG Peach just pops (which I'm a bit afraid of for the color pallet of the rest of the set - but I do like me bright chips). The gray seems to be able to stand on its own though. And with brighter spots, it should fine I think??

The gray will probably be fine. But I'll be the first to say "I told you so" if it isn't. :D

My $5s are new, and that TRK lavender shines like brand-spankin' new pennies. I'm not concerned about the dg peach quarters overpowering the set.

My $1s are new too, so that may play into how much closer gray looks next to mine than yours.

The dayglow orange also provides more contrast with canary (vs using weighted orange) since it is a darker shade.... and it's not really an eyepopper, like most of the other CPC dayglo colors (although the JB $5 chip certainly has it's fair share of pop).

I do think it's less of an issue with normal spots, but canary will definitely be capable of causing dirty stacks imo with that much edge real estate if using 1/4- or 1/2-pies.

I first settled on dg peach and dg orange as 1/4-pie colors (also seriously considered peach w/gray and w/charcoal), but later decided that $25 chips would so rarely be in play in any games I spread that I'd rather have three different spot patterns on the felt simultaneously (tri-moon quarters, 1/4-pie dollars, and the $5s -- plus I still have the solid black JB hot-stamped no-denoms that can now be used as nickels for microstakes with no repeating patterns across four chips). Plus no metal flakes, as I feel they really detract from the look when paired with TRK chips.

Can you bring your cpc sample set to SQM?

Sorry I haven't followed this thread, if someone is placing an order, I'd be interested in seeing and pricing.

Sorry I haven't followed this thread, if someone is placing an order, I'd be interested in seeing and pricing.
We will order, before the next scrown pressing. The deadline to get the order in was too close to get everything lined up for the current pressing. So probably an order will go in late summer. As for pricing, go to the CPC website and there you have it, price per chip. Plus you'll have to add in taxes/shipping and percentage of artwork fees.

Here is a quick mock up of a few 1/4 pie combo's using actual color sample pictures along with the $1 & $5. I'm not tech savvy by any means. Just did this on MS paint really quick. I'm sure someone else could do a better job with better skills using a better program. I'm still undecided. :confused Just thought I'd throw this out there. Thanks @arch3r for the pic's.

L to R - DG PEACH/DG ARC YELLOW, DG ORANGE/DG ARC YELLOW, DG ORANGE/DG PEACH, DG TIGER/DG ARC YELLOW (botttom left)

Latest mockup from J5. Different badge replacement for Jessie. Thinking it may look better if it were not filled with black, but with gold like the 'R' on the other side.

And yes, still probably need to better align the values, but it's looking good I think.

I think either is a huge improvement over Granny's head shot. I lean more towards a simple b/w image (like the original), so would prefer the first image, followed by the second image, with a colorized version of the second image my last pick.

0-jpg.246207

jb1b-jpg.257310

Both look great! If I had to choose, I'd pick the first design.

I like all of them... I am still likely leaning towards the yellow/blue tri-moon. As far as the alt inlay goes... I think I like the one on the gray chip.

Just general feedback regarding the commemorative, not a big fan of the large design in the middle, it disallows having a full sized easily visible denom. I dig the yellow tri-moon with any of the other three inlays.

Just general feedback regarding the commemorative, not a big fan of the large design in the middle, it disallows having a full sized easily visible denom.
Perhaps, but the intent is to have chips that match up with other existing Jesse Beck denominations.... all of which have that design on one side of the chip (the opposite side has the prominent denomination).

I’m in for a rack if you go with the green one exactly as you have here. That’s a really pretty chip.

No feedback on the latest mockups?? :(

Sorry for not responding. I'm not getting notifications of new posts in this thread for some reason.

I still like the original large "JB" the best. If I had to choose one of the latest mockups instead, it would be the artwork on the grey chip. I would also want to use the yellow chip artwork on the opposite side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom