Jamming KK pre-flop >100 BB (1 Viewer)

I built a report in PT4 and you can pull in all HUD stats for all players.
Facing a 3bet from Skinny Magician (1.43%) would be a very different proposition than from xalikis (15.63%)

1622231907268.png

I went all-in today Pre-Flop (4-bet) with KK, against a serious TAG (VPIP 16/ PFR 14/ AF 3) villain who 3-bet me brutally (4X).
He had AA, and they held.
Flop was as dry as the Sahara, so I don't think I could have gotten away from this anyway, unless I gave more respect to the stats above and folded pre-.
Only time I can ever remember folding KK pre-flop, I was in late position and the action was raised, 3-bet, and 4-bet before it even got to me. At that point in the tournament, folding seemed right. Turned out I was up against AA, AK, and QQ, and they got it all in pre, so I made the right fold. (Until the case K was turned - puke.)

Only time I can ever remember folding KK pre-flop, I was in late position and the action was raised, 3-bet, and 4-bet before it even got to me. At that point in the tournament, folding seemed right. Turned out I was up against AA, AK, and QQ, and they got it all in pre, so I made the right fold. (Until the case K was turned - puke.)
Every now and then, you will have to fold KK pre in zoom/blitz/rush against the tighter players.

I haven't run it through pokerstove or anything, but KK is a winner over AK and QQ, which offsets the loss to AA. I think you might have been ahead overall if you'd have stayed in, since you're getting 3:1 on your money.

edit: sorry, just noticed it was a tourney, not cash

Not sure I follow the 4bet vs Jam line anyway.

1. What is the difference between a 4bet and a call? You have no intel so do you expect villain to fold to a 4bet if he has an A? So while you are building the pot the bottom line is that he isn't folding with an A so you can win AND lose more by 4 betting.

2. Villain will fold way more hands to a shove than a 4 bet. Shove and maybe he folds his A and you don't worry about the flop.

3. If you are worried that villain has an Ace then the best line is probably to just call and shove if there is no A on the flop.

4bet jam here virtually always. There really is no getting away from KK in 6 max cash especially from the LJ.

I jam right there there is only 1 hand thast has u beat pre u have to take that chance at the end of the day your friend did the right thing the AQ made a bad move and got rewarded happens all the time u know how many times I get it in with the good pre just to lose all u can do is make sure u have the best hand at the time and hope it wins KK right there u shove only 1 hand has u beat

only time kings should fold pre was that one time like 3 years ago in the world series of poker when it was raised and 2 all ins and that donk called all in with KK with 2 all ins ahead of him forget which year it was but those KKs was a easy fold

go to YT and type this is its on doug polks YT

AA vs. KK vs. KK For The FINAL TABLE Of The 2018 WSOP Main Event!​

2018 main event that call with KK was the dumbest thing ever easy fold for Labat raise then reraise all in then another all in ontop of that easy fold with KK esp at the main event final table

Last edited:
Generally im never a fan of Jamming preflop if i think im the best player in a cash game. I Might miss a little value here and there but i much prefer with KK to See a flop .

I've folded KK preflop a couple of times, actually in the battle of the blinds once against a 5-bet all in. I felt pretty confident I did the right thing then cause I was up against a solid reg and it was 200BBs deep on $5/10. A few weeks later I found villian posting the hand on a forum (in finnish which I can't read) showing that he had in fact AA.

So, for me folding KK preflop requires a solid read and probably stacks deeper than 100 BBs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom