10NL ACR Blitz: Thoughts on V's flop X/R (2 Viewers)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Interesting hand. Thoughts on V's play?

Folds to Hero on BN, RFI 3BB with 87s. SB folds, BB calls.

1686172749831.png

Flop doesnt favor our range but we do have TP. V X and we bet 1/4 pot for protection, looking to fold out hands that have equity (JTo) but wont call a small bet OOP.
V X/R to 4x or 6.2BB. Hero thinks that 3 things could be happening here:
1. Hero is crushed by 55, 22, 77 (unlikely with two 7s visible)
2. V is X/R a spade draw
3. V is range X/R as this flop favors his range and definitely not mine.
Owing to the likelihood of #2 & #3 vs. #1 and being IP we make the call.

1686172788806.png

Turn goes X/X.

1686173030733.png

And river goes X/X and Hero scoops.

1686173077939.png

Thoughts on V's play? I completely see the give up after I call and front door spades come in and both turn and river favor my range. Tough to keep bluffing on that runout.
How about the X/R? I will make this play on similar boards when in BB as EP/MP (weighted more towards EP) miss and we often have high FE here based on BB vs EP/MP range.

Snowie is wild sometimes.

Is BB short of draws to bluff with here? Maybe V should be squeezing vs. button with a good chunk of suited broadway and all Axss - either for value or as a bluff. If we take all the squeezes out, what suited spade combos would V call and then X/R with? Snowie probably folds a lot of suited combos that I would see a flop with (doesn’t mean I’m right).

Q8hh? I guess V improves with any 4, 6, 8, 9, Q or heart. That’s a lot of cards to continue barreling on. Maybe?

Would I do it? With 30s to decide I’m folding real time without too much tanking.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom