Interesting Hand: 10NL Blitz on ACR (2 Viewers)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Just played this and I thought V made some dicey choices. Thought it was an interesting one to share.
Hero RFI in LJ with 88. Folds to SB who calls, BB folds. Heads up.

1686085875041.png

Nice flop. Unblocking TP and with a FD on the flop. V X and Hero bets 1/2 pot. V calls.

1686085930923.png

Turn is kinda-brickish; 69 gets there but that doesnt seem like a hand often in SB range, even 69s would be unlikely.
V X, Hero continues betting with 3/4 pot bet. V X/R to 30 BB or 3x.
Hero doesnt put V on KK owing to pre-flop action and lack of a flop X/R.
Could be a straight draw or (lord willing 77 that just hit a set).
Never thought of folding here as we cant be behind - Hero calls. Never raising here as I want V to keep betting 77 for value or bluffing.

1686086007821.png

River boats us up and V jams 134 BB into 72 BB. Just cant see a hand that beats us given the action so Hero calls.

1686086227844.png

I guess I can get behind V's play somewhat as I think it is OK to X/R the turned gutshot but when called as V I'm probably giving up on the river. I have a lot of Kings in range but I also have lots of hands in my range that don't connect with the board. However I have all the overpairs and my calling his X/R should have been a red flag for a bluff. Cant see calling that X/R with AQ for example.
Does he think he can get me off Kx? Maybe if his plan is to rep 77 which boats up on the river. I just think I'm calling the X/R with a lot of hands I'm not folding on the river here. With the missed straight and FD out there I think there are plenty of hands that are bluffing this river.

What do you guys think?

1686086291328.png

Last edited:
Seems like an example of the kind of player who "puts you on a hand" instead of a range, and then plays the whole hand through that skewed lens.

Probably figured you for AQ, in which case you obviously whiffed the flop and made a c-bet. Check-raised the turn because clearly the 7 doesn't help AQ.

Panic-shoved the river for no reason that makes any sense. After all, 44 still beats AQ. Should've value-checked you and snap-called.

The flop call for 1/2 pot is already suspect on a K high board. But if you get to the turn, turning this hand into a bluff is about all you can really do to win. It's still silly because Villain never really has a straight. He CAN have all the non-K sets, but as a bluff you'd much rather have a 5, 7, or 8 to use as a bluff assuming villain wants to turn it into a bluff. But then we get to what hands with a single 5, 7, or 8 is calling from the SB? Pretty much none.

Seems like a bad player or a player that thought "I can have sets, I have straight blockers, YOLO!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom