Thoughts on this hand? 6-max 25NL on ACR (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Had to rebuild my PC and re-install Pokertracker4 from scratch so no HUD stats :(

LJ RFI 2.5BB (standard), folds to hero who calls in SB. BB folds.
I think this is a hand that doesnt collide with the LJ range much and is a high-implied odds type hand meaning I may be able to make a concealed monster, so i call.
So this isnt fast fold so I'm not very worried about BB 3! here. I'm ok if BB calls as I think this hand plays ok multi-way.

1691018383673.png

Flop a nice combo draw and X to X/R.
V bets 2.5 and Hero X/R to 8BB. Could have gone a bit larger here OOP but he has all the overpairs and we are probably equal on the sets.
I may be a bit more likely to have 44.
V calls so not great but I have a decent number of outs here. I'm putting him on XTs, JJ, etc.
I think his call takes TT & 77 out of his range.

1691018630358.png

Turn favors his range but since he didnt raise with the FD on the flop I'm thinking he's capped and I have the nut advantage with all the 77 & 44).
Need to keep firing here to keep the meta-game going.
I think a X here is just a total give up and since we're OOP we're likely losing even to a worse hand (but I cant think of many except flush draws).
Hero bets 3/4 and V calls.

1691018942439.png

Well sadly I dont get there and all I can do is overbet jam. Cant imagine my pair of 7s is good. Thoughts?

1691019017922.png

"Turn favours his range."

Brick on the river.

What hands are you trying to get to fold with your shove on the river?

88, 99, JJ, QQ, KK
Basically any one pair hand
If you put him on that, I don’t think they are going to fold after calling the turn and the river AI is just spew.

Your line looks like what it is, missed draw.

I like a check-call OTR, I think.

I think this is a fold pre. Maybe it’s fine to 3-bet from time to time but probably not as much against an early position open.

Don’t see the point of c/ring this flop. You likely have the best hand and/or draw. Don’t see better hands folding and not many worse calling. Pretty awkward when he flats and a blank comes on the turn.

On the flop I’d much rather c/r a semibluff hand I either feel good about getting in like J9/98 of clubs, or one I’ll easily let go of vs a 3b, like A5 of hearts or some pure gutshot hand.

As played I’d check and decide on the turn. River is just a check/fold imo.

You might get someone off a ten/JJ-KK on the river because of the ace if they’re only looking at the scary board but it doesn’t really look like you have one. You’re repping sets and missed draws and there were a lot more draws available than sets.

If you put him on that, I don’t think they are going to fold after calling the turn and the river AI is just spew.

Your line looks like what it is, missed draw.

I like a check-call OTR, I think.
No way I can check call _ I dont think I have SDV here, my 7s must be no good.
Only choices are check / fold or jam IMHO

Interestingly enough if V bets turn GTO+ X/R again (!!!) with this exact hand a non-zero %. Mix of X/R and call on turn.

I like X/R flop, half-pot bet turn, but check/call on the river.

Sets and overpairs to your sevens are never folding to a river bet (and their missed draws are never calling), but with a surrender check you give them the chance to bluff-bet into you with their missed flush and straight draws (KQ, KJ, QJ, J9 etc) and any underpairs (66, 55, 33). You lose value to all of those hands with a river shove by not letting them bet or bluff.

You are repping a missed draw, and I think your pair of sevens has showdown value on this board (so I'd also be happy with a check back).

Fold pre. If you start flatting suited 1 gappers vs LJ opens you're going to play way too many hands.
Flop x/r is good.
Turn is amazing for his range and you have very few Ax except for A7cc and some AJcc/ ATcc type hands. I'd be pure check/calling.
River is spew. If we bluff with this hand then we're bluffing our entire range. There is also the chance our hand is good against some KQcc, QJcc type hands. You x/r flop and bet large on the turn, you've narrowed V's range down quite a bit here.

Fold pre. If you start flatting suited 1 gappers vs LJ opens you're going to play way too many hands.
Flop x/r is good.
Turn is amazing for his range and you have very few Ax except for A7cc and some AJcc/ ATcc type hands. I'd be pure check/calling.
River is spew. If we bluff with this hand then we're bluffing our entire range. There is also the chance our hand is good against some KQcc, QJcc type hands. You x/r flop and bet large on the turn, you've narrowed V's range down quite a bit here.
You should include that this is only true from the sb -- from the bb this is a slam dunk call

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom