Is this an angle? (1 Viewer)

kirchhausen

Flush
Reaction score
@Chippy McChiperson and I are all set to buy dinner for my parents for Father's Day. Chippy and I decide to do credit card roulette, with my dad picking the credit card but not really knowing what's going on.

Chippy decides putting them in a hat would be too obvious, plus the only hat we could find was so shallow the top card would never get mixed in properly when we went to shake it up.

So chippy has this bright idea, "right hand" or "left hand" where he holds a credit card in each hand behind his back and asks my Dad to choose.

1) Is my Dad more likely to pick right versus left? Especially when he doesn't know what is going on? For all my dad knows, chippy is asking if he is right handed (which he is)

2) if my dad doesn't understand the question, so Chippy asks again right or left, (always giving the "right" option first by the way)? What if he shakes his right hand a little when asking the question the second time around?

I feel like calling for floor, but Mom is two glasses of wine in and she always liked Chippy better anyway.

The correct way to do this is for you to put the cards in his hands so he doesn't know which is which, and then for him to shuffle them further so that which hand they are in may change. Then neither of you know which is in which hand. Angle averted.

Also, correct procedure usually in voles the waiter/waitress picking in my experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom