Irish Guys Poker Club (1 Viewer)

That circle icon would make a great dealer button.

I should have the proofs back from @BR Pro Poker! I am going to pull the trigger and order two different versions of the dealer button

IrishGuysLogo_Circular_reversed_alt.png
IrishGuysLogo_Circular_reversed.png

Got my first proof back on my dealer buttons. I will be revising these by adding 'EST. 2020' and 'Chicago, IL' on the dealer buttons.

Cant wait to get them ordered!

IrishGuys_BRProDealer.jpg

Its been a few months since I have been on the site. When the weather warmed up my friends stopped playing as much poker and myself as well. I thought we were going to be able to play a lot of live indoor games at my country club but that didn't happen with COVID so I just end up playing a TON of golf. But with the weather changing last week a few of my buddies and I started playing again on my PokerMavens site. I also actually played on @CraigT78 site last night too. It was nice to play some cards!

I updated my site this week with two new tables and wanted to share them with everyone. The first is an update to my standard table, I purchased the 'Holiday-Themed' table but kept my same virtual felt.

086_Irish_Guys_Christmas_PREVIEW.jpg

The other I thought was really cool. I asked Daniel at https://pokertables.niestudio.com/ if he could make a golf themed table for me. Below is what he came up with. I think it turned out well. I did change my felt to blue as I thought the green got 'lost' in the grass. I was also thinking about possibly changing the colors for the chairs but no 100% sure about that yet.

086_Irish_Guys_Golf-Blue2_PREVIEW.jpg

I actually like the chair color...you can still see them but they largely disappear into the background, letting the table keep my eye

I actually like the chair color...you can still see them but they largely disappear into the background, letting the table keep my eye
That is a good point. I think you're right, I will keep it as is.

So I just got word from David at Classic Poker Chip that he is finally running the 44MM chips! He only runs the 44MM molds once every 18-moths so I am pumped.

I am going to have a ‘Champ Chip’ created and give one away to the winner of my tournaments both when we play live and when we play online. I will have to mail the them out when we play online but I think if I get a buy plastic 44MM single chip protector and pack it well I shouldn’t have an issue. My thought was that this would make each tournament we play a little more fun. They will be nice for bragging rights!

Thanks again to @p5woody for the inlay design help on this!

37C4DF77-8AB6-4942-B94C-6DFCBA694719.png

That's what I was thinking! Do you know anyone who would be good for this? I was thinking a custom splash page with a custom login would be sweet! Im not even sure if that would be possible to do.
Does anyone know if creating a custom login page is possible?

It all looks awesome. I like the idea of the champions chip. (I might steal that)

Great work.

As an aside, I'm half irish. Grew up outside of Boston. I can't imagine my old Irish friends playing poker without at least once year, shit going sideways. Good for you to keep it together.

Does anyone know if creating a custom login page is possible?
While I've never used this software, it's very likely possible. If you can find the login page image in your local Maven Poker program files. Should be able to edit it the same way you edit the chips.

I'm curious how you handle payment on this program, and can you change the rake options?

While I've never used this software, it's very likely possible. If you can find the login page image in your local Maven Poker program files. Should be able to edit it the same way you edit the chips.

I'm curious how you handle payment on this program, and can you change the rake options?
Thanks, I will look into that.

You can see all the options for the software on the developers website. It has tons of options and you can change almost any option/setting. They are always making updates to the software as well. Its amazing to say the least.

http://www.briggsoft.com

Thanks, I will look into that.

You can see all the options for the software on the developers website. It has tons of options and you can change almost any option/setting. They are always making updates to the software as well. Its amazing to say the least.

http://www.briggsoft.com
That's pretty cool. How does your group handle funding? Does the client have an option to have players deposit on their own or is it all done outside of the client?

That's pretty cool. How does your group handle funding? Does the client have an option to have players deposit on their own or is it all done outside of the client?
PM deals in fake currency; it has no way for anyone to make deposits. The administrator(s) are the only ones who can add/subtract value from an account.

For me, players send me money via some electronic means (venmo/zeller/PayPal) and then I go and manually adjust their account.

PM deals in fake currency; it has no way for anyone to make deposits. The administrator(s) are the only ones who can add/subtract value from an account.

For me, players send me money via some electronic means (venmo/zeller/PayPal) and then I go and manually adjust their account.
This is the same way I handle it. My site is family and friends that I know personally and some even just give me cash for tournaments. Well I also have some good friends like @BearMetal who will occasionally play with us as well :)

It all looks awesome. I like the idea of the champions chip. (I might steal that)

Great work.

As an aside, I'm half irish. Grew up outside of Boston. I can't imagine my old Irish friends playing poker without at least once year, shit going sideways. Good for you to keep it together.
Thanks! Feel free to use the idea. I wasn't sure if it was a stupid idea or cool. I was just looking for something to make our club a little different. The thought was that it could be used for bragging rights, something along the lines of, "Well, I have 10 Champ Chips. How many do you have?!"

Oh, and it goes sideways A LOT! Mostly just fun but does get heated sometimes. Just a group of knuckleheads but all good friends at the end of the day. Most of the arguments are between people who are related! HAHA!

So I just got word from David at Classic Poker Chip that he is finally running the 44MM chips! He only runs the 44MM molds once every 18-moths so I am pumped.

I am going to have a ‘Champ Chip’ created and give one away to the winner of my tournaments both when we play live and when we play online. I will have to mail the them out when we play online but I think if I get a buy plastic 44MM single chip protector and pack it well I shouldn’t have an issue. My thought was that this would make each tournament we play a little more fun. They will be nice for bragging rights!

Thanks again to @p5woody for the inlay design help on this!

View attachment 593216
I will have to ship/mail my Champ Chips to the winners in the beginning. I'm looking for some 44MM CPC individual storage cases to put the Champ Chip in when I ship. I found some on Amazon that may work but I am open to suggestions if there is something better.

Air-tite X44MM
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LI29CRQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_jKO4FbS9T723E

I figured that I would add my final chip proof for my custom CPC cash game chip that I ordered (12/29/20) to my main thread for our poker club. I'm an very excited to have finally placed my order and cant wait to get them!

Ordered QTY
CHIPVALUEQTY
Light Blue$0.25100
Dayglo Peacock$0.50100
Bright White$1.00300
Day-Glo Pink$2.5040
Red$5.00300
Green$25.00120
Black$100.0040
TOTAL1,000

Final Design Order Proof
53794.png

Last edited:
I also created a 44MM 'Champion Chip' that I give to whoever wins one of our tournaments each week regardless if it is online or in-person. I am only going to make 100 of them a year and then create a new design for the following year. Below is an image of the 2021 44MM A-Mold Champion Chip. I also already have the 2022 Champion Chip on order as well due to the fact that CPC only runs 44MM chips once every 18 months. I think I am going to hold off on 'releasing' the 2022 chip until we get closer to next year.

1st Proof.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom