InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (3 Viewers)

After some digging, I discovered that most (if not all) of the large carriers started using a company called Cloudmark to battle "spam" per the new FCC requirements implemented this year. I have submitted a ticket to get my email un-blacklisted. I will keep y'all updated about that.

As for sending via my own phone, I found that I can send messages using ifttt but it doesn't allow for dynamic phone numbers. Writing a program that does what companies like Twilio do is out of the scope of what I'm willing to do. While the price to send messages through these companies is not crazy I would still prefer to NOT have to pay

After some digging, I discovered that most (if not all) of the large carriers started using a company called Cloudmark to battle "spam" per the new FCC requirements implemented this year. I have submitted a ticket to get my email un-blacklisted. I will keep y'all updated about that.

As for sending via my own phone, I found that I can send messages using ifttt but it doesn't allow for dynamic phone numbers. Writing a program that does what companies like Twilio do is out of the scope of what I'm willing to do. While the price to send messages through these companies is not crazy I would still prefer to NOT have to pay
I think I already posted about it. Got mine removed but it didn't last very long.

I think I already posted about it. Got mine removed but it didn't last very long.
Bummer. I wish they would allow receivers to whitelist specific senders. As it stands now the people on the other end won't even know they aren't receiving the messages.

Update: I emailed CloudMark and they forwarded me to their "Accuracy" team. This is what they said:
Hello,

Unfortunately, it appears that your address was inadvertently caught in some automated detection that looks for spam/phishing coming from Gmail accounts - we are very sorry for the impact to your messages. We have put exceptions in place to allow traffic from your address going forward. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues.
I just tested it and it went through immediately! I'll let y'all know if it stops working but so far that was pretty painless.

This is where I submitted the ticket: https://www.cloudmark.com/en/support

Last edited:
Update: I emailed CloudMark and they forwarded me to their "Accuracy" team. This is what they said:

I just tested it and it went through immediately! I'll let y'all know if it stops working but so far that was pretty painless.

This is where I submitted the ticker: https://www.cloudmark.com/en/support
Did you just send Cloudmark a message through their support page?

Jeff

Did you just send Cloudmark a message through their support page?

Jeff
Yes. I explained that I use the email (I have a separate email used only for this) to send out invites for a regular poker night. They asked for the bounce message that I received. I forwarded the message to them which they forwarded to their "Accuracy" team, who then remedied the issue.

This looks like a great resource! I haven’t read through all yet, but I do have a question.
Does this send out invites ad emails or text msg or both?

Thanks

This looks like a great resource! I haven’t read through all yet, but I do have a question.
Does this send out invites ad emails or text msg or both?

Thanks
Either or both.

Texts messages are emails that are addressed to the cell phone number’s MMS gateway. So it’s not a true text but it mostly works.

I've had some changes to my fork that automates the process a little more so I don't even need to fiddle with it. I have it so that the user can enable automated and if they do then choose how frequent their game is. The tracker sends the invite 3 days (not including game day) before the game then 1 reminder each day after to the people that haven't responded. If the player count is short then it sends out the Short message around 5pm the day before and the game on/ game off message is sent at 10 pm the night before (this is assuming the game starts at 5pm and all times will change depending on the time of the game). After each game the tracker will automatically log and reset the responses and change the date based on the frequency.

I've had some changes to my fork that automates the process a little more so I don't even need to fiddle with it. I have it so that the user can enable automated and if they do then choose how frequent their game is. The tracker sends the invite 3 days (not including game day) before the game then 1 reminder each day after to the people that haven't responded. If the player count is short then it sends out the Short message around 5pm the day before and the game on/ game off message is sent at 10 pm the night before (this is assuming the game starts at 5pm and all times will change depending on the time of the game). After each game the tracker will automatically log and reset the responses and change the date based on the frequency.
These are killer. It would make the tracker completely hands off for me.

Is it only me or are others having issues? I’ve just spent 2 hrs trying to get this on my phone and computer.

Holy crap! That's awesome! Is it at a point you can share? Would love to see what you've done!

What issue are you experiencing?
On my computer, not sure where it is. Can’t seem to modify what looks like the copy I made. Can’t delete the existing guest list.
On my phone, I can’t even follow the directions because I can’t find the extensions or apps script areas. Not sure what’s going on.

Wade

On my computer, not sure where it is. Can’t seem to modify what looks like the copy I made. Can’t delete the existing guest list.
No one has reported this before. What are the exact steps you took to make a copy.

Sorry, I'm back. Trying this again this month. My understanding is that I should be using the Individual method so that each person gets a personalized link. But if I want the invitation to be sent to everyone and not select each individual, then I select Unknown from the Groups checkbox, right?

My next question is, old data seems to be persisting in the Groups and Status fields. See screenprint below. Should I need to clear out those fields each month? Obviously I'm not good with this stuff, sorry, I appreciate everyone's patience in trying to help this dummy!

1663077264646.png

You’ve got the right idea. You can send to any status group you want. And you can combine multiple statuses. For example, my game on message is set to go to anyone who responded as In, In Late, Likely, Maybe etc.

You should not need to reset any fields from game to game.

The one thing I would fix in your screenshot is the field that reads executing, unknown. It should not say executing.

First time using this to advertise to my group about our game. So useful! Except for everyone on Verizon. I had a 100% bounce back rate for all my Verizon friends. Everyone else go their messages correctly.

Any known issues with Verizon or something I'm screwing up? I've confirmed all my guest data is input correctly.

First time using this to advertise to my group about our game. So useful! Except for everyone on Verizon. I had a 100% bounce back rate for all my Verizon friends. Everyone else go their messages correctly.

Any known issues with Verizon or something I'm screwing up? I've confirmed all my guest data is input correctly.
unfortunately, a few carriers are bouncing back all texts from Gmail. a few other users documented this above.

I’m in Canada, anyone up here using this ? I did go and search for the email to text mms for our carriers and put those in but most aren’t getting the msg.

Am I supposed to be able to send out from my iPhone?

Screenshot 2022-10-05 190436.png

Anyone else run into an issue where it just stays as "executing" in the msg-invite tab? My group all received the "MsgReminder" text invite not the msgInvite that I had typed out (screenshot).

It has been stuck on this one phone number for an hour now.

View attachment 1000431
Anyone else run into an issue where it just stays as "executing" in the msg-invite tab? My group all received the "MsgReminder" text invite not the msgInvite that I had typed out (screenshot).

I will usually delete the sheet and duplicate another msg page

View attachment 1000431

Yes. This happens to me. I need to remove the text from the Status area before I send it. I'm guessing that it stays there if it runs into an error?

Yes. This happens to me. I need to remove the text from the Status area before I send it. I'm guessing that it stays there if it runs into an error?
So if it freezes up like that just delete the text in that box. Gotcha!

My people LOVE this vs group texts even with me messing it up a bit

Hmm. That should not be happening. And text should not remain in this area. Is it reproducible? I’m thinking the thing to troubleshoot is why text remains there in the first place.

Hmm. That should not be happening. And text should not remain in this area. Is it reproducible? I’m thinking the thing to troubleshoot is why text remains there in the first place.
I'll try again for our next game and let you know. For all we know I messed something up.. if it happens again I'll post.

HUGE thank you for doing all this work. So much easier already to organize our games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom