InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (2 Viewers)

Please let me know if there are any other fixes or enhancements I should consider.
I've been thinking that an "In+Guest" response option would be useful (especially for a non-poker event I'm hosting :oops:). Would add two people to the attendees count but likely have complications around the waitlist cut-over.

Just something to consider for your backlog...

Still enjoying the tracker!

I've been thinking that an "In+Guest" response option would be useful (especially for a non-poker event I'm hosting :oops:). Would add two people to the attendees count but likely have complications around the waitlist cut-over.

Just something to consider for your backlog...

Still enjoying the tracker!
Nice idea!
Thinking through it, I think you can accomplish what you’re looking for with the tool today.

Simply head over to the Statuses tab, create a new status named In+Guest and assign it a probability of 2.0.

Thanks for all your hard work on this! Question for you, when you release a new version, does that mean I have to open and save a copy on my personal drive and start fresh?

Nice idea!
Thinking through it, I think you can accomplish what you’re looking for with the tool today.

Simply head over to the Statuses tab, create a new status named In+Guest and assign it a probability of 2.0.
I've added this today, since my players will occasionally bring a +1. Thanks!

Alright folks!

I just released v3.3 of the tracker.

In addition to what I mentioned earlier, it has one brand new feature. Your guests can now leave comments in addition to updating their responses. Comments will be visible to all.

The original post has been updated with the link to the new Google sheet.

Enjoy!

Alright folks!

In addition to what I mentioned earlier, it has one brand new feature. Your guests can now leave comments in addition to updating their responses. Comments will be visible to all.

Enjoy!
Great idea. I was going to ask about that. Unfortunately for me, I already changed everything and don't trust myself to do it again! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Great idea. I was going to ask about that. Unfortunately for me, I already changed everything and don't trust myself to do it again! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I haven’t yet used the message feature in a live scenario. So you might as well wait till I put it through a couple cycles.

Alright folks!

Enjoy!
I clicked on the v3.3 link and I still get v3.2. What am I doing wrong?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o_v1gQNGXGuYSe6ztbazbycJi6Z4F-xkznBm0JtBtSU/edit?usp=sharing

@Al Azouri

POSSIBLE ISSUE WITH GROUP SEND
[PersonalLink] not filling in.

Steps.
1) Selected Type Text, Method "Group."
2) Selected "Unknown" under Add Group.
3) Filled in subject and body
4) Selected "Send now" in action dropdown

Checked "sent items" in gmail account.

1657567288802.png

[PersonalLink] placeholder does not fill in with inidividual link.

Steps.
1) Selected Type Text, Method "Individual."
2) Selected "Add all" under "Add/Clear All".
3) Filled in subject and body
4) Selected "Send now" in action dropdown

Checked "sent items" in gmail account
1657567222847.png

[PersonalLink] placeholder fills in with inidividual link as expected.

Has anyone else had issue with the group send as of yet? Any suggestions for what I should check?

Thanks,

Justin

POSSIBLE ISSUE WITH GROUP SEND
[PersonalLink] not filling in.
Hey Justin,
That's normal behavior. I have a note about this on page 14 of the manual.

Since with Group Send the same message goes to everyone, it's impossible to include a personal link. Personal links are unique to each guest.

You're the second to report this issue, so I'll see what I can do to get the Google Sheet to give you a warning about that.

Keep the feedback coming...

Hey Justin,
That's normal behavior. I have a note about this on page 14 of the manual.

Since with Group Send the same message goes to everyone, it's impossible to include a personal link. Personal links are unique to each guest.

You're the second to report this issue, so I'll see what I can do to get the Google Sheet to give you a warning about that.

Keep the feedback coming...
Boy, I thought I read this slow enough, but surely I just missed that point in the instruction. So bottom line. If I need to send the personal link, I always use "individual" mode. If I want to send messages to groups, they can't include a personal link?

(If so, I can live with this now that I understand it.)

Boy, I thought I read this slow enough, but surely I just missed that point in the instruction. So bottom line. If I need to send the personal link, I always use "individual" mode. If I want to send messages to groups, they can't include a personal link?

If you put groups in the "To:" field, but choose send method "Individual," it will send to each person in the listed groups and will correctly generate personal links.

This is what I did for my Saturday game, and it worked just as expected. I think it's a little confusing because the word "group" is used for both a group of players/addressees and also a send method.

If you put groups in the "To:" field, but choose send method "Individual," it will send to each person in the listed groups and will correctly generate personal links.

This is what I did for my Saturday game, and it worked just as expected. I think it's a little confusing because the word "group" is used for both a group of players/addressees and also a send method.
Oh cool, that makes sense as to how I got confused. I may try that next time I get my quota reset. If it works that way, I might suggest use of separate terminology "group email" versus "status group."

Yes. What I do is send as individuals for the invites and reminders. Then send as group for general updates like telling everyone the game is on or off. The message templates are sort of preset that way.

And yes, I see the confusion in the terminology.

Nice idea!

I have a situation this month where we are short players, so I have someone bringing 3 guests. Can I add entries to the guest tab that simply say Guest 1, Guest 2, etc, without putting the other info for them? I tried it, and I got an error when trying to send out message saying Invalid email. I suppose I could put my email address in there. If I am sending both emails and MMS, is just one required?

I suppose I could add an entry like you suggested above for In + 3 Guests, but I don't want to encourage people to just invite people willy nilly. It won't happen often that someone is going to bring more than one guest, so I think overall the In + 1 guest is my long term solution. I guess I'm looking for an opinion on trying to do it the way I am attempting.

I have a situation this month where we are short players, so I have someone bringing 3 guests. Can I add entries to the guest tab that simply say Guest 1, Guest 2, etc, without putting the other info for them? I tried it, and I got an error when trying to send out message saying Invalid email. I suppose I could put my email address in there. If I am sending both emails and MMS, is just one required?
I thought I fixed that bug in v3.3. If it’s still an issue you can circumvent it by putting any fake email address there.

I suppose I could add an entry like you suggested above for In + 3 Guests, but I don't want to encourage people to just invite people willy nilly. It won't happen often that someone is going to bring more than one guest, so I think overall the In + 1 guest is my long term solution. I guess I'm looking for an opinion on trying to do it the way I am attempting.
You could also encourage your guest to leave a comment indicating who they are bringing. Then you would add them manually to the guest tab and assign them a status of IN.

So I had a similar thing come up. I do post my games in a "meetup" group and I had a sign up from there for a player where I don't have a phone number. So I added a row with the name and marked it with a "*" to remind myself to try and get a phone number on game day. I just filled in one of my junk email addresses in the interim, and manually set the player for "In."

1657820731234.png

You could do the same thing and just fill in the world "Guest" I suppose as well and it would be the same thing.

But now the player shows up on the list.

1657820799524.png

I thought I fixed that bug in v3.3. If it’s still an issue you can circumvent it by putting any fake email address there.
I am afraid I am plus one on this issue too. It looks like blanks are being included in the "To:" field in group mode. But to be honest, I think I am probably never going to use group mode anyway. Part of the point was to avoid group texting, and I see that gets delivered as a group text based on a trial I just did for a "game on" message.

My testing of messaging has had a rough start. I think it's mostly due to me not understanding how things work. My first test was choosing the Message Type of "Both" and Method of "Group". Some people got texts and others did not. So, what I'm doing now is trying to test the sending the Message Type of Text to Individuals who didn't receive the texts in the group. This doesn't seem to be working.

I am getting this message: StartFunctionError MessageTriggerEnd7/15/22 9:39:28 AM EDTonMsgEditException: Failed to send email: no recipientedit7/15/22 9:39:37 AM EDT Not sure why if the Type is Text that I am getting this error about email. This person has both a valid Text and email address. I notice in the Status box it says Sending to: with nothing after it. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
1657893286142.png

Some people got texts and others did not.
I’ve run into this. It’s not you. Sending texts via MMS (which is what InviteTracker relies on) is not reliable. The carrier does not guarantee delivery. I’ve seen delays ranging from hours to days to no delivery at all in some cases. I’ve switched over to send as email.

I am getting this message: StartFunctionError MessageTriggerEnd7/15/22 9:39:28 AM EDTonMsgEditException: Failed to send email: no recipientedit7/15/22 9:39:37 AM EDT Not sure why if the Type is Text that I am getting this error about email. This person has both a valid Text and email address. I notice in the Status box it says Sending to: with nothing after it. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Check to makes sure you have an address in column D for that person in the guests tab.

I’ve run into this. It’s not you. Sending texts via MMS (which is what InviteTracker relies on) is not reliable. The carrier does not guarantee delivery. I’ve seen delays ranging from hours to days to no delivery at all in some cases. I’ve switched over to send as email.
Good to know. Thanks.

Check to makes sure you have an address in column D for that person in the guests tab.
Yes, I have entries in column D and E for everyone. I'm wondering why if I am trying to send via text that it is giving me an email error.

Yes, I have entries in column D and E for everyone. I'm wondering why if I am trying to send via text that it is giving me an email error.
It does not matter if it’s a text or an email. It all goes through email. The only difference is the address.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom