InviteTracker

Resource InviteTracker (5 Viewers)

Hi Al/All,

I'm seeing random web activity reported in the logs. Have any of you seen this? I would have expected the URL to be sufficiently obfuscated, but maybe script kiddies run random searches. I'm not super worried, but thought I'd post my experience. Who knows, maybe Cbhy Fduyflfe will turn up and be an action player?

1658243346629.png

Hi Al/All,

I'm seeing random web activity reported in the logs. Have any of you seen this? I would have expected the URL to be sufficiently obfuscated, but maybe script kiddies run random searches. I'm not super worried, but thought I'd post my experience. Who knows, maybe Cbhy Fduyflfe will turn up and be an action player?

View attachment 952038
Yeah, I see that from time to time. I figured its what you said or something like a google search engine indexing the internet. I suppose I could do some sort of validation to make sure I'm logging only activity from known guests.

Hi Al/All,

View attachment 952038
LMAO!

This reminds me:

I've had some weird issues with apostrophes in names (as in O'Threebetsalot). It's not consistent but sometimes their responses don't get logged. So I've just dropped any apostrophes from my names for now.

Al, invite tracker is still plugging along and working great. Question - is it within the realm of possibility for a future release to have the spreadsheet automatically send out a response to people when they are placed on the waitlist? Like if 8 people have RSVP’d “yes” then the 9th gets a text saying “The table is currently full - you have been placed on the waitlist” or something?

Al, invite tracker is still plugging along and working great. Question - is it within the realm of possibility for a future release to have the spreadsheet automatically send out a response to people when they are placed on the waitlist? Like if 8 people have RSVP’d “yes” then the 9th gets a text saying “The table is currently full - you have been placed on the waitlist” or something?
That's possible and I'm happy to oblige, but are you seeing that they are not aware they are on the waitlist? In my experience they see it right away.

Maybe a better way to implement this is to pop up a message in the web interface when they make a response. Or better yet, have a banner at the top of the page indicating that the game is full and that they will be placed on a waitlist if they respond yes.

That's possible and I'm happy to oblige, but are you seeing that they are not aware they are on the waitlist? In my experience they see it right away.

Maybe a better way to implement this is to pop up a message in the web interface when they make a response. Or better yet, have a banner at the top of the page indicating that the game is full and that they will be placed on a waitlist if they respond yes.
No, you’re correct, it does happen right away. I guess it’s just that I know for myself and probably most of my players who are all young, we just click the link, update our status, and then move on to the next thing pretty quick. Alternatively I may have just not educated my players enough that the table has a max # and that the waitlist is even a thing. It might just be nice to have a message either for those that are new or that don’t come very often they just pops up and says what the waitlist is, that they’re welcome to still come and hang out and fill a spot when someone leaves, etc. Maybe I just overthink things ha ha.

Yeah, I see that from time to time. I figured its what you said or something like a google search engine indexing the internet. I suppose I could do some sort of validation to make sure I'm logging only activity from known guests.
I think I’d prefer agnostic logging so I can see how much this happens. As I’m not sure how the permissions work - is public access limited to the web page, or if you can view that can you view the rest of the spreadsheet and the players’ contact info?

I think I’d prefer agnostic logging so I can see how much this happens. As I’m not sure how the permissions work - is public access limited to the web page, or if you can view that can you view the rest of the spreadsheet and the players’ contact info?
Public access is limited to the web page.

well I have the personal link and a website in the body. txt.att.net doesn't allow any pictures or videos from what I'm looking at.

What's the most current version of this? I see an email from April with version 3.2.

So I need to request edit access to get this version? I'm an Excel guy. I'm an idiot when it comes to GoogleSheets.
I feel your pain. I’m too far into MS to change now.

You should be able to Save a Copy of the original sheet to your own Google Drive.

I think I've got it. Thanks. Now I need to set aside some time to go through the manual. 27 pages? Whoa.

Hey guys. Just gettin caught up here.

I will always have the links to the latest versions available in the resource post. It’s open to anyone with the link. There is no longer a need to request access. I was doing that in the beginning cause I didn’t know better. (I am also an excel guy - or dare I say Lotus 123 guy originally)

I think I've got it. Thanks. Now I need to set aside some time to go through the manual. 27 pages? Whoa.
LOL. People have asked for docs and a video. Haven’t got to the video yet. I’ll try to keep it under 27 minutes though.

Last edited:
Just had a weird bug where I fell below the table limit of 9 (down to 8 IN) and I couldn't move someone from the waitlist to IN on the guest tab. It kept going back to the waitlist. I had to up the waitlist threshold back to 10 and move him to "unknown" first, then IN.

Just had a weird bug where I fell below the table limit of 9 (down to 8 IN) and I couldn't move someone from the waitlist to IN on the guest tab. It kept going back to the waitlist. I had to up the waitlist threshold back to 10 and move him to "unknown" first, then IN.
Hmm, I'll take a look later tonight. Thanks for reporting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom