How do you store your chips? (1 Viewer)

I've never gotten really fancy with my storage, I figured the real place to display my chips is when I'm using them.

That's pretty cool, how does the carousel come apart? Is that 24 slots of 25 chips? == 600 chip carrier?

20190621_145744.jpg

I store them in durable, portable cases (up to 800 chips each). I tend to move a lot because of my job.
The idea is to keep them grab-able, for fire, flood and after-earthquake purposes, as well as for convenience in "peacetime".
What I realised in horror is that this makes them also an attractive grab to any burglars breaking into the house.
Try insuring them:whistle: :whistling:

Anyone have recommended brand or where to buy a 1000 chip birdcage?

Anyone have recommended brand or where to buy a 1000 chip birdcage?

You can get any birdcage off Amazon or eBay that will be sufficient for display purposes, or to bring from your storage area to your table and back, but they are considered too delicate for transport in a vehicle. Check out what many members have to say in the Poker Cases subforum.

Have you seen any one piece designs that don’t utilize any screws?

Not too bad. Take the other four trays off the top and you can reach in and get the two bottom racks without too much difficulty. It is different than the other bird cages that you can slide all 5 vertical racks off. This is much sturdier than the lucite bird cages.

How hard is it to extract the bottom tray, Jeff?
This was my initial thought.

If you put a ribbon under each bottom rack about a third of the way from a short edge with the ends sticking up (think card space in a traditional case), it might be easier.

I love the Barrister bookcases. You can see all the awesome chipes!

This was my initial thought.

If you put a ribbon under each bottom rack about a third of the way from a short edge with the ends sticking up (think card space in a traditional case), it might be easier.
Yes, I thought that too, but I found that they were easy enough to get out without the ribbon.

When I bought my townhouse 11 years ago, the nice old lady who sold it to me left this huge heavy wooden cabinet that I guess she wasn't able to move. It wound up being perfect for storing chips...

View attachment 328030
Why would you hide that skunk in there. I’d make a necklace with that to wear on every New England road trip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom