How do you put your chips in the middle? (1 Viewer)

QuackShack

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I'm curious how everyone puts their chips in the middle. Do you gently place them down in a stack? Do you project the chips forward so they slide out in a row? Do you let them deadfall drop from arm's length high? Also, are you more careless with how you put them in based upon the rarity/cost of the chips you're playing with? Do you require your players to do it a certain way if they're being too carless with them?

Using an acrylic All-in token from a group buy from a few years back. Solves the need for pushing a lot of chips back and forth, plus it's another thing to have :cool

1690862347603.jpeg

I'm curious how everyone puts their chips in the middle. Do you gently place them down in a stack? Do you project the chips forward so they slide out in a row? Do you let them deadfall drop from arm's length high? Also, are you more careless with how you put them in based upon the rarity/cost of the chips you're playing with? Do you require your players to do it a certain way if they're being too carless with them?
It depends a bit on the situation. If I intend to raise then I first declare that I "see" the amount that has been bet, and then promptly throw the calling chips in the pot. Then I pause for dramatic effect. Just as the player to my left starts to act, I will drown them out with "...AAAAND, I'll raise ya another two hundred" and again throw my chips in the middle. Just pushing the chips infront of me wastes time since the dealer then needs to push them into the pot, and the last thing I want to do is waste everyone's time.

Last edited:

Until the betting round is over. I ask everyone to place their bets in front of them. Once the betting round is over, then most of us lightly toss them into the pot.

If they’re already out in front of me and the action is over, I’ll toss them in the middle. Assuming I’m hosting, I don’t worry about the value of the clays - they exist to be tossed around, as far as I’m concerned. But if I’m playing with somebody else’s fancy chips, I’ll treat them more gently.

But if we’re talking about an all-in situation, I’ll just slide the stacks in neatly - no reason to knock them down.

My manservant Jeeves dons his silks gloves and pushes any amount I decree exactly 4 inches over the bet line. He then retires exactly one pace behind my chair to await further instruction.

Does he also verbalize the bet by ringing a hand bell and loudly announcing "The Master bets (###)."

My manservant Jeeves dons his silks gloves and pushes any amount I decree exactly 4 inches over the bet line. He then retires exactly one pace behind my chair to await further instruction.
That's so old-school. All the kool kids use Siri or Alexis these days to verbally announce raises, no physical acts needed.

announce all in and put highest denomination barrel over the line

If I am the first to bet or raising, I always slide out the chips so they fall in a row, if I am calling then I slide the stack out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom