Cash Game Homegame spotify playlist (1 Viewer)

My favorite poker play list is called ”broken record”. It consists of Freebird played on repeat. Sometimes I mix it up and play a random Pearl Jam song also on repeat.
The good news is you only have to play freebird three times for a 6 hour marathon session!

I do much the same thing. I worked as a radio announcer for over a decade and I've collected a ton of crap. I've created a GOAT playlist in iTunes, 1724 songs lasting 4.6 days. Mostly classic rock, oldies and blues, but I throw in a load of other stuff from popular genres.

I pause the playlist during breaks because I have my tournament timer set to play 15 minute mixes of music that I've taken from the Oceans films, complete with reminders to return from break.

Hint: Audio Hijack is a wonderful little program for collecting songs. :)

PS - Norman Chad will do some really cool custom stuff for your tournaments on Cameo.
I've been using Audacity, but I will check out Audio Hijack. While I never worked in radio, I did take a radio speech and broadcasting class many years ago. Queuing vinyl (which dates the class) ad breaks, figuring out where the last DJ put the record you wanted to play (Barbra O'Reilly does not go under "T" you dumb stoner).

I've been using Audacity, but I will check out Audio Hijack. While I never worked in radio, I did take a radio speech and broadcasting class many years ago. Queuing vinyl (which dates the class) ad breaks, figuring out where the last DJ put the record you wanted to play (Barbra O'Reilly does not go under "T" you dumb stoner).

I've cued up some significant vinyl in my time today's jocks will never know the thrill. Hijack is probably a little simpler to use. It lets you rip audio from sources like web browsers.

Tagging.

We tend to just blurt out "Hey Google play ... "

Our group is diverse though, so we need rock, rap, pop. Actually loathe being the DJ it ends up being a tonne of work.

Great thread. Just wanted to try pulling in some here in the form of a list.

Then I realized a lot of these of interest are all from @Blind Joe !

good selection of jazz here for sure

Twilight Beats is a collection of unobtrusive, minimalist, chill-hop and jazz-hop based focus music.

The lo-fi is a good call. May add some to the playlist.

Timely today with the passing of Ennio Morricone

going to take a couple from here, too.

Latest playlist I'm working on is Blind Joe's Poker Night of the Living Dead for when I next host, which will be the legendary ( :whistle: :whistling: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:) Zombie Poker night. If you've not read about that where have you been?

PNOTLD.jpg

It's a mixture of classic horror themes (plenty from the 80s) and some of the better (and darker) New Retro Wave offerings out there. As usual it is intended to be unobtrusive background music, which is another way of saying they're instrumentals, though in this case I have made one exception in the form of Gerard McMann's phenomenal Lost Boys theme 'Cry Little Sister'. How could I not?

It's a work in progress with a current runtime of around 3.5 hours which I aim to get to at least 4.5 by the time I use this playlist so that it can run for a tournament without much, if any, repetition.

Enjoy :tup:

Last edited:
1592836125021.jpg

Another one from me. More of a novelty playlist really but one I'll try out when I run my Western themed game.

The idea is to start off with 30 minutes of Honky Tonk piano during the arrival period to give my summer house (aka Blind Joe's Poker Shack) a saloon vibe, then traditional spaghetti Western style mood music for the majority of the tournament before reverting back to Honky Tonk round about the time I expect everyone to be nicely tuned in, as we say around here (ie drunk) :D

Blind Joe's Bounty Hunters

Quoting my own post here (not shamelessly plugging, honest :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ) because I can no longer edit. Just pointing out that I've since removed all the Honky Tonk from Blind Joe's Bounty Hunters so that it now contains just classic spaghetti Western style mood music and thus can be played in shuffle mode, which the Honkey Tonk tracks prevented as they were meant to be played in order at the beginning to provide a specific atmosphere as players arrived.

Instead I've made a dedicated Honky Tonk playlist that I can play for that friendly and jovial arrival period then switch playlists when the tournament itself starts and the real showdown begins ;)

Blind Joe's Honky Tonk Saloon.jpg

PS. When I hosted my Western themed tournament last Friday the spaghetti Western background music went down an absolute treat. I'd expected some pushback and a few snarky comments since not everyone loves a themed playlist but it got so much love and got everyone in good spirits! :D

Last edited:
Latest playlist I'm working on is Blind Joe's Poker Night of the Living Dead for when I next host, which will be the legendary ( :whistle: :whistling: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:) Zombie Poker night. If you've not read about that where have you been?

View attachment 524096

It's a mixture of classic horror themes (plenty from the 80s) and some of the better (and darker) New Retro Wave offerings out there. As usual it is intended to be unobtrusive background music, which is another way of saying they're instrumentals, though in this case I have made one exception in the form of Gerard McMann's phenomenal Lost Boys theme 'Cry Little Sister'. How could I not?

It's a work in progress with a current runtime of around 3.5 hours which I aim to get to at least 4.5 by the time I use this playlist so that it can run for a tournament without much, if any, repetition.

Enjoy :tup:
Gnarly playlist! My group would kill my speaker if I played that!
You had me at the Dawn of the Dead track by goblin :cool

Christmas treat for you lot. Nice background music for anyone hosting over the festive period. Not the longest playlist but you could probably get away with a couple of repeats before anyone noticed!

Christmas Piano 1.jpg

Christmas Piano from Blind Joe

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom