Cash Game Homegame spotify playlist (1 Viewer)

I've been putting together a playlist of unobtrusive background music for my poker nights. It's mainly piano and keyboard based jazz (well, a lot of jazz-style piano covers actually) with a little bit of bossa nova and samba thrown in. I was aiming for a mood and ambience like that of a sophisticated late night bar although I'm sure I veer into elevator music quite a lot.

Blind Joe's Poker Lounge.jpg

Blind Joe's Poker Lounge

Last edited:
I've been putting together a playlist of unobtrusive background music for my poker nights. It's mainly piano and keyboard based jazz (well, a lot of jazz-style piano covers actually) with a little bit of bossa nova and samba thrown in. I was aiming for a mood and ambience like that of a sophisticated late night bar although I'm sure I veer into elevator music quite a lot.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/64czmsSctGfszoOBqnVHN1?si=628_TEjpRLCZWjxJANpaWg
Now following that playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/64czmsSctGfszoOBqnVHN1?si=628_TEjpRLCZWjxJANpaWg
Following as well.

Tried going with a Greatest Hits compilation of Ice Nine Kills, Pierce the Veil, Bring Me the Horizon, Black Veil Brides and Motionless in White but no one else appreciated it... :(

Hit a concert where ice nine kills was the headliner. They were my least favorite band. Lite the Torch and Fit for a king eye far superior imo
After years of being a big fan I’m now entirely comfortable saying INK is now my favorite band. Yes. Of all time :)

Hit a concert where ice nine kills was the headliner. They were my least favorite band. Lite the Torch and Fit for a king eye far superior imo
Plus I’ve seen them live seven times in four different states. You have to be up front to fully appreciate but if you saw them as headliners you must admit they put on a fun show ;)

Bounty Hunter 2019-01-01.jpeg

Another one from me. More of a novelty playlist really but one I'll try out when I run my Western themed game.

The idea is to start off with 30 minutes of Honky Tonk piano during the arrival period to give my summer house (aka Blind Joe's Poker Shack) a saloon vibe, then traditional spaghetti Western style mood music for the majority of the tournament before reverting back to Honky Tonk round about the time I expect everyone to be nicely tuned in, as we say around here (ie drunk) :D

Blind Joe's Bounty Hunters

I have a very similar playlist for nights when we place a bounty on one player's head. The bounty is set if one player wins the tournament in 2 consecutive appearances.

Our playlist for bounty nights runs the same mix of western themed music and Honky Tonk piano, timed so the songs change when we go on break. When we get to "crunch time" (Starting Stack/Big Blind = 12 to 20) the music is notably tense (gunslinger showdown ah high noon type music).

It is hated by some, loved by others. Either way, if the player with a bounty on their head is eliminated, we shift to modern music.

Enjoy "Cowboy Tunes"

I have a very similar playlist
Great minds think alike :tup:

for nights when we place a bounty on one player's head. The bounty is set if one player wins the tournament in 2 consecutive appearances.
We always have a scratchcard bounty on last tournament winner but I like the idea of a super bounty if someone wins twice in a row!

Our playlist for bounty nights runs the same mix of western themed music and Honky Tonk piano, timed so the songs change when we go on break. When we get to "crunch time" (Starting Stack/Big Blind = 12 to 20) the music is notably tense (gunslinger showdown ah high noon type music).
I love how much thought you've put into that. I doubt I could get mine to time as well as that - I can barely get my tournaments to run smoothly :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It is hated by some, loved by others. Either way, if the player with a bounty on their head is eliminated, we shift to modern music.
That's what I've come to expect of any playlist I design for my group. Half the players love them, the other half hate them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Some people won't be happy unless you're playing the Top 40 or their personal favourite album, but I find them too distracting and would much prefer background / mood music, so since it's my place I dictate we stick to that until later on in the evening.

Following :tup:

My latest offering:

15935936950329093673703271473937-01.jpeg

A fairly chilled collection of instrumental tropical house which I'll be using this weekend when my group reconvenes for our Summer Tournament after what seems like a very long hiatus.

Hoping this will go well in my summer house set up with (fingers crossed) nice weather and a small fire outside.

Tropical Beats

The Martini Lounge. It comes in at 96 hours, 16 minutes (as of this writing). I often hear people comment "I like tonight's playlist". We have to remind them it's been the same one nearly every event for many years. But when you only hear 4 hours of a 96 hour list, repeats are few and far between.

I also play the Poker Pregame list during the pregame dinner and the first hour. It's much shorter, but it is all poker or Zombie related, so it's kinda fun on that level.

After the first break I switch it over to the lounge, because aggressive music leads to aggressive play. I host a tournament, and thus psychologically induce more conservative play to keep players in a little longer.

:ninja: <== sneaky music ninja

I do much the same thing. I worked as a radio announcer for over a decade and I've collected a ton of crap. I've created a GOAT playlist in iTunes, 1724 songs lasting 4.6 days. Mostly classic rock, oldies and blues, but I throw in a load of other stuff from popular genres.

I pause the playlist during breaks because I have my tournament timer set to play 15 minute mixes of music that I've taken from the Oceans films, complete with reminders to return from break.

Hint: Audio Hijack is a wonderful little program for collecting songs. :)

PS - Norman Chad will do some really cool custom stuff for your tournaments on Cameo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom