Cash Game Homegame spotify playlist (1 Viewer)

DerberAlter

Flush
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need some good spotify playlist for my game. We play each week for 5-7 hours.
Some people complained about hearing the same songs every session.

Could you share your poker playlists with me?

Our current playlist (not mine):

The Martini Lounge. It comes in at 96 hours, 16 minutes (as of this writing). I often hear people comment "I like tonight's playlist". We have to remind them it's been the same one nearly every event for many years. But when you only hear 4 hours of a 96 hour list, repeats are few and far between.

I also play the Poker Pregame list during the pregame dinner and the first hour. It's much shorter, but it is all poker or Zombie related, so it's kinda fun on that level.

After the first break I switch it over to the lounge, because aggressive music leads to aggressive play. I host a tournament, and thus psychologically induce more conservative play to keep players in a little longer.

:ninja: <== sneaky music ninja

I am not going to name every song but I use the hits from these groups:

-Creedence
-The Doors
-Jimi Hendrix
-Eagles
-Green Day
-Nirvana
-Guns N Roses
-Led Zeppelin
-Aerosmith
-Lynyrd Skynyrd
-Fleetwood Mac
-Canned Heat
-Buffalo Springfield
-Neil Young
-Tom Petty
-Chilli Peppers
-Smashing Pumpkins
-Sublime
-Everlast
-Steppenwolf
-Bob Marley
-Gretta Van Fleet
-Pink Floyd
-Urge Overkill
-Outkast
-U2
-Johnny Cash
-Metallica
-Weezer
-Offspring
-Big Wreck
-Live
-Headstones
-Everclear
-Soundgarden
-ACDC
-Crash Test Dummies

Here's mine. I tried to limit it to 5 songs per artist, and it's a good mix of rock genres. No rap, heavy metal, country or pop. I'll be scouring the lists here to see if I missed any essentials.

Do I need to make it public to work?

@inca911 has a BAD ASS poker playlist. I hope that he shares it, because I would like to subscribe.

Here's mine. I tried to limit it to 5 songs per artist, and it's a good mix of rock genres. No rap, heavy metal, country or pop. I'll be scouring the lists here to see if I missed any essentials.

Do I need to make it public to work?

Sweet! Snagged some songs!

Cool thread.
I take my poker playlist very seriously, and refuse to take suggestions from attendees.
I don't include poker related songs as I prefer my music to stimulate the sharing of stories and create a more jovial atmosphere.
In the spirit of sharing i will tell you all of a playlist that was loved by the gang (although should only be used once per season, and updated): I created a playlist of songs from movies, and asked players to name the movie. I picked not so obvious songs like Eminence Front by The Who (awesome scene from Risky Business). So we always end up talking about the movies, etc.

@inca911 has a BAD ASS poker playlist. I hope that he shares it, because I would like to subscribe.
Thanks! How do I share it?

Edit: Here you go, @CraigT78

spotify:user:inca911:playlist:4ULWt1EGmGNWiyThjqAxOU
user:inca911:playlist:4ULWt1EGmGNWiyThjqAxOU

Try cutting/pasting one of the above links into your Spotify search bar, and I think it will work. Note that the tongue-sticking-out emoji should be converted back to a colon-next-to-a-P when you do so.

There's a bit of variety in my playlist, enjoy and please make recommendations!

Last edited:

Try cutting/pasting one of the above links into your Spotify search bar, and I think it will work. Note that the tongue-sticking-out emoji should be converted back to a colon-next-to-a-P when you do so.

Nice variety! I'll be combing through and stealing some for my own :)

Damn good playlist, Inca. I am stealing a bunch of these for my own!

Does playlist get updated? I've used it several weeks for my poker game and everyone liked it. I dont pay that much attention to the music, so wouldn't notice as much if it was repetitive.

I do add/remove songs and make changes from time to time. There is more Lettuce (the group, not the leafy green) in the list than before. It’s 45hours of music, so not much repeat if your shuffle works....

During the tourney I use an iTunes Music random Classic Rock playlist, because it is relatively neutral and unobtrusive. We’ve all heard the songs a million times, so the music isn’t a distraction. Sometimes during the later cash game I switch to an oldschool hiphop playlist because the mix of players is more amenable to that. Both ways, I’m aiming for background music, not entertainment—the game is the entertainment.

I’ve got a roughly 5 hour 70s rock playlist that I got from Spotify after I played some billy Joel and it just kept on playing music for the rest of the night.
Playlist is always a hir

Personally, I like to play lounge music, so we can have some surround songs without really listening to them.
I try to keep the focus of the people on the game and trying to avoid any distractions, especially if we are playing tournament.
My sources are DaTempo Lounge from RadioTunes, Nova Tunes Le Grand Mix from Deezer, Saint Germain des pres Café playlist from Spotify.

This is the go-to playlist for my group

I favor classic rock as well, because (A) it’s the least potentially annoying to the regs in my game, who are ages 25-75, and (B) it’s less distracting because we’ve all heard those songs a million times. So you can easily tune it out if you want to. But I do like to have some background music.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom