Help me choose a frac for this CPC set please! (1 Viewer)

Which base color do you prefer for this frac?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK I'll Play too
Unknown-5.png

DG green w/ arc yellow gonna be hard to top from the burn-yer-retinas perspective. Strong Cali-color case to be made for Retro red (also w/ arc yellow for the zap factor).

Every time I look at the actual poll results I think of this.

FU rules of chipping, FU.

trump-silent-majority-701x761.jpg

I think the gray and the light blue are too close and could get mixed up in stacks, I have similar concerns with charcoal/black, dg pink/dg tiger (ask @MikesDad about his tourney set with this issue) and maybe lavender/dg tiger. Have you thought about a dg green base? Or maybe a dg yellow?

Here's the chips in stack...
Stacks2.jpg

They look good in pictures and with color samples but in a mixed stack or in a pot, they're pretty close......
Good news, I never *really* have to use them and only have 40 of them
If I could figure out how to get CPC to make me 40 of a different color I would

OK, after some serious QT with all my samples, I think I've narrowed it down to 2. Gray and DG pink just aren't gonna work with the $1 and $5, respectively. Charcoal turned out to be unexpectedly troublesome with the $20s, largely due to the spots getting lost in a stack that just looks like a bunch of multicolored spots in low light. Retro lavender was VERY distinct in all situations, and also a much nicer-looking color than I usually think of it as. Also it can be paired with DG pink as a spot, for some of the best of both worlds and a semi-monochromatic chip for the "spot progression," such as it is, while still looking sweet. For me DG green is a very slight issue with light blue, but I think it would be completely fine, and that's one poppin' chip. Retro red was OK, but I just don't like it that much for this chip. :unsure:

So, it's down to these two. Couldn't be more radically different. Thoughts?

dsq7.png

dsq8.png

Oh, and I happen to have an actual chip using the retro lav/DG pink combo, thanks to @Puggy!

image.jpeg

I am a huge supporter of green chips, but I still like the retro lavender chip in this instance. Maroon spots maybe though?

D190DD62-6411-46A1-B0AD-749E74568DD5.png

Edit...Oops looks like Courage already suggested this chip. Still like it thought. :D

Last edited:
Can anybody think of any chips that have been made using DG green as a base color, that I could find some pics of? The only one in my entire 300+ chip ASM/CPC sample collection is @detroitdad's solid Sunset $25, which doesn't help me that much.

Edit: coming up empty on a search of the galleries and pr0n threads, too.

Last edited:
^ yeah, this for me, too. Did you consider dayglo green spots on the lavender?

My daughter who was looking at samples with me for a while actually suggested that - not a fan. Green and purple is one of those combos that just makes me throw up in my mouth a little. :sick:

I understand -- I have a couple of those combos myself, some of which seem to be quite popular. :cautious:

Can anybody think of any chips that have been made using DG green as a base color, that I could find some pics of? The only one in my entire 300+ chip ASM/CPC sample collection is @detroitdad's solid Sunset $25, which doesn't help me that much.

Edit: coming up empty on a search of the galleries and pr0n threads, too.

If your going to mention the sunsets, I have to post a picture of them :)

20160106_161045.jpg
20160104_182301.jpg
20160106_160639.jpg

If you want to use a more moncromatic color combo with retro green and DG green work well together. I like the DG as the base better though.

5BA088AB-64EF-4A92-BC6C-5C2D4AECF4BE.png

Well, the order is in. I went back and forth on this at least 5 times but in the end, the deciding factor was something that didn't even occur to me until yesterday - people are accustomed to weird colors if they show up at my house, but the primary purpose of this set is to use as a travel set for several irregular local games. The players in these games are highly accustomed to playing with blue $1s, red $5s, and green $25s. Orange $5s are close enough so as not to offend the senses, and black $20s will pass as the highest denom generally used, but throwing in a green frac as well might be a bit much if I want the set to get invited back. ;)

So, retro lav/DG pink is the pick. Thanks to all for your help. Input from everybody helped me get there - I think this is much better than the retro lav chip in the original poll. Sorry arc yellow, bridesmaid again. :oops:;)

Not for these, not for mailing anyway. I had to snap-order the originals to get in on the MD-50 run, and don't have many extras of the $100 and am not reordering any. :oops: There may be 4 or 5 sample sets available for pickup at SSSS II. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom