Heat Thresholds for Card Storage (1 Viewer)

ngmcs8203

Flush
Reaction score
I had trouble finding any info on this but I was thinking about storing my cards and chips in the garage. While it might get hot a few days a summer, the garage never really gets ice cold (Bay Area temps). I’m wondering how much danger the warm summer days are for my cards (and chips for that matter). We don’t really have a place for them yet inside the house, but if necessary I will move them.

Heat is a no-no for clays. I wouldn’t keep them in the garage at all.
Rule of thumb: if you would feel uncomfortable for any amount of time in the environment, your chips won’t like it either.
For cards, if any of them are cellulose acetate, they will suffer in humidity.

Heat is a no-no for clays. I wouldn’t keep them in the garage at all.
Rule of thumb: if you would feel uncomfortable for any amount of time in the environment, your chips won’t like it either.
For cards, if any of them are cellulose acetate, they will suffer in humidity.

No clays for me. Just Tina’s and possibly some Royals from Apache.

The cards I have no idea. I have KEMs, Copags, the broken arrow setups and the WSOP 2012s.

I'd store exactly nothing that I cared about in an environment that changes so often like a garage. Keep anything that can warp, bow, etc in a climate controlled environment. I'd recommend no higher than 74 degrees for that matter, but humidity, especially when it comes to cards, matters lots too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom