Heads Up - KEM Bridge Jumbo setups on sale at Amazon $20.52 (over half price) (1 Viewer)

davefr

Pair
Reaction score
I just stumbled onto this at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Bridge..._1?keywords=kem+1017402&qid=1680031487&sr=8-1

kem Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Solid! Purchased!

Even as a Canuck, they are waiving import fees on these. I bought 2 setups. Already had a gift card balance and got em for next to nothing. $11 shipping. Fantastic if you ask me!

Solid! Purchased!

Even as a Canuck, they are waiving import fees on these. I bought 2 setups. Already had a gift card balance and got em for next to nothing. $11 shipping. Fantastic if you ask me!
congrats...want to hears something funny?

Do I wish to get burned again...

Hmm, can't add more than 1 to cart. I think I'd only give them another try if I can buy a second setup to act as backup...

I saw this actually a week or 2 ago.... Didn't pick any up as the "fine print" below product description says:
kem.png

Sounds like there is a good possibility/probability that these have been previously purchased and returned?
DEFINITELY gave me pause considering the prevalence of warping with Kems. :/
Anyone already have these in hand to confirm/deny my suspicions?

I saw this actually a week or 2 ago.... Didn't pick any up as the "fine print" below product description says:
View attachment 1108121
Sounds like there is a good possibility/probability that these have been previously purchased and returned?
Wow yeah, thanks no thanks.

View attachment 1108121
Amazon does sell used cards via Amazon Warehouse. However they're claiming these are "new" and they're not an Amazon Warehouse item. (And at a lower price then used.) If it's too good to be true, returns are easy. Maybe KEM is discontinuing style 1017402. I see that their Bridge Jumbo red and blues are regular price.

kem2Capture.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 1108121
Like 99% these are the return / rejected set-up by previous seller, amazon KEM set-up seem to be terribly Fked up.

I tried twice and twice I gotten wrap and snake scaled deck from Amazon SG

Wow yeah, thanks no thanks.
That was my exact feeling! Couldn't believe it at first... Had a few in my cart, but then figured something had to be wrong for them to be that cheap... Went back and looked closer at the page and.... There it was. So yeah, definitely scared me away.

That was my exact feeling! Couldn't believe it at first... Had a few in my cart, but then figured something had to be wrong for them to be that cheap... Went back and looked closer at the page and.... There it was. So yeah, definitely scared me away.
No trying to be Glum. I love KEMs, but new KEMs are finicky enough. If I’m not getting them sealed from the factory, I’m not interested.

The "New" appears in the section where you'd see if sellers (including Amazon Warehouse) are selling "Used" versions versus the "New" normal listing:

1680033965110.png

The listing linked in the OP is considered "New" in that it's not considered "Used" but the actual description if you scroll down says "Very Good Condition. Open Box And Open Internal Package. The cards Are complete". Usually "Sold by" Amazon.com (as opposed to third party sellers) isn't that confusing or purposefully/accidentally shady.

Note that there are definitely some treasures to find in the "New & Used" sections; often the "Like New" condition are basically new but just returned (opened or unopened) so Amazon can't sell them as new anymore. I've gotten Like New (non-KEM) plastic playing cards that still had the cellophane on them and were perfectly fine. Unfortunately, I've not had luck with KEMs, either "New" or "Like New".

Good thing they are easy to return.

Don't get me wrong @davefr , I'm not trying to be nasty by any means...It's a great price, and it was/is very cool that you brought it to people's attention here... Hopefully there won't be any warping probs for you or anyone else who gets some... I was just pointing out that they are in fact "open".

The listing linked in the OP is considered "New" in that it's not considered "Used" but the actual description if you scroll down says "Very Good Condition. Open Box And Open Internal Package. The cards Are complete". Usually "Sold by" Amazon.com (as opposed to third party sellers) isn't that confusing or purposefully/accidentally shady.
Yup... That is exactly what I was pointing out before.

In my experience anything "sold by" Amazon.com is new. Anything "sold by" Amazon Warehouse is customer returns/open box/warehouse damage, etc in various conditions. If these cards aren't new/perfect, back they go on Amazon's dime.
kem7Capture.JPG
kem6.JPG

Nice deal. I resisted the temptation. I already have a couple of Kem decks that I really like, but they are also the only decks that I actively manage storage of to try to minimize the warping.

Thought I'd take a chance and order a couple of decks...opened them up and this is what I found. Never shuffled. Literally opened the celo and this is what they look like. Let the bashing continue, I say.
20230330_175116.jpg

Buyer beware.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom