Good'Nuf (Custom CPC CSQ) (1 Viewer)

raynmanas

Full House
Reaction score
I finally received my custom set that I ordered back in January, and I am over the moon happy with them. I went back and forth, on and off, for years considering a set based on Good'Nuf, which was the name of my grandfather's cottage on Cape Cod. The original sign from his cottage hangs above my poker room door:

GOOD'NUF.JPG

I had all sorts of complex ideas, like "Red's Good'Nuf Card Cottage" with a picture of a cottage and all sorts of ideas like that, but none ever sat right with me. Finally I decided to just embrace the mantra itself and go with a nice simple inlay, no fake card room names, no logos - just Good'Nuf, our home state, and a subtle background of the four suits (these are poker chips, after all). Many thanks to @timinater for his design work and being willing to try anything, even though I eventually settled on the simplest inlay (keep an eye on your mail Tim ;) ).

I am not a good photographer by any means and I don't have a good macro lens or a lot of patience for taking photos, but here is my best shot.

Cash Single .25.JPG
Cash Single 1.JPG
Cash Single 5.JPG
Cash Single 20.JPG
Cash Single 100.JPG
Cash All Angle.JPG
Cash All Top.JPG
Cash Splash.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG
DSC_0360.JPG
DSC_0361.JPG
DSC_0362.JPG
DSC_0363.JPG
Tourney All Angle.JPG
Tourney All Top.JPG
Tourney Splash.JPG
DSC_0396.JPG

Last edited:
Still pretty great shots and nice chips! Grew up listening to my grandfather every day, "Good enough for who it's for." Nice set!

And obligatory if you ever have an extra sample, yadda yadda yada.

My favorites are the cash $5 (nice AS callback), cash $100, and T25.

The light green looks a lot closer to Paulson Sherbert Green with this run. Did the color formula change, do you think?

Very, very well done. Love it!

My favorites are the cash $5 (nice AS callback), cash $100, and T25.

The light green looks a lot closer to Paulson Sherbert Green with this run. Did the color formula change, do you think?

Very, very well done. Love it!

I actually think I like the $20 the most (at this moment), which is ironic because it is by far the one I was most iffy on and started to wish I could go back and change it when it was too late. But they look awesome in stacks!

That's just a function of my lack of photography skills - they match my CPC sample perfectly. It's even worse with the yellows - the T100s edge spots are not nearly that vibrant in person (in post #2 with a different camera they are all much more accurate).

Last edited:
Still pretty great shots and nice chips! Grew up listening to my grandfather every day, "Good enough for who it's for." Nice set!

And obligatory if you ever have an extra sample, yadda yadda yada.

I will definitely have a limited number of full sample sets available, I'm just not yet sure how I'm going to approach that.

I finally received my custom set that I ordered back in January, and I am over the moon happy with them. I went back and forth, on and off, for years considering a set based on Good'Nuf, which was the name of my grandfather's cottage on Cape Cod. The original sign from his cottage hangs above my poker room door:

View attachment 530856

I had all sorts of complex ideas, like "Red's Good'Nuf Card Cottage" with a picture of a cottage and all sorts of ideas like that, but none ever sat right with me. Finally I decided to just embrace the mantra itself and go with a nice simple inlay, no fake card room names, no logos - just Good'Nuf, our home state, and a subtle background of the four suits (these are poker chips, after all). Many thanks to @timinater for his design work and being willing to try anything, even though I eventually settled on the simplest inlay (keep an eye on your mail Tim ;) ).

I am not a good photographer by any means and I don't have a good macro lens or a lot of patience for taking photos, but here is my best shot.

View attachment 530857View attachment 530858View attachment 530859View attachment 530860View attachment 530861View attachment 530862View attachment 530863View attachment 530864

View attachment 530865View attachment 530866View attachment 530867View attachment 530868View attachment 530869View attachment 530870View attachment 530871View attachment 530873View attachment 530874
Love them! Glad they finally came in. Top notch stuff!

I actually think I like the $20 the most (at this moment), which is ironic because it is by far the one I was most iffy on and started to wish I could go back and change it when it was too late. But they look awesome in stacks!

That's just a function of my lack of photography skills - they match my CPC sample perfectly. It's even worse with the yellows - the T100s edge spots are not nearly that vibrant in person (in post #2 with a different camera they are all much more accurate).
Lol I was thinking that myself. Looking at the pron, I was thinking to myself how much I like that $20 and that those colours wouldn't be my first choice in the mockup tool.

That's always the problem with custom set design. Some stuff looks great in the tool and doesn't work out on the actual chip and then some colours are the other way round.

I'm always terrified until I receive them in the mail.

Great line ups on both sets, top to bottom. I especially like the colors on the cash set, I've mocked up a very similar lineup several times, I like the color lineup with the darker inlay. Nice back story too, we love the cape, it's one of our favorite vacation spots, we typically stay in a cottage in either Wellfleet or Truro on the outer cape, it's beautiful out there.

Congrats on good luck with the set!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom