Garish Dayglo set (1 Viewer)

It is a possibility but if he wants truly garish chip colors, then Paulsons are the way to go.

A lot of us have been fooled by the colors on our screen from the CPC chip tool. That’s why samples are a must.
Do you reckon that Paulsons are way brighter than CPCs? I don’t have samples so using the online colour charts and pictures of Atlantic club sets on here.

Do you reckon that Paulsons are way brighter than CPCs? I don’t have samples so using the online colour charts and pictures of Atlantic club sets on here.

Paulson has 90 different colors and some are MAJOR bright.

CPC has IIRC 38 colors, they are bright but somewhat less so than Paulson.

Much, much brighter. The Atlantic Club chips have great color choices but the corresponding Paulson colors are much more vivid.

Nothing against CPC as I’m glad that we have that option but I’m guessing that some of your mock up choices aren’t nearly as bright as you are imagining.

Much, much brighter. The Atlantic Club chips have great color choices but the corresponding Paulson colors are much more vivid.

Nothing against CPC as I’m glad that we have that option but I’m guessing that some of your mock up choices aren’t nearly as bright as you are imagining.
Good to know. I don’t have CPCs to compare so Paulson May well be the way to go.

- I would stick with Dayglo yellow for the $1k chip
- Change the letter “S” to CPC’s dayglo tiger color or as close to it as possible
- Move the denomination to the middle and move the “Glasgow” wording to the bottom of the inlay
Good points. I’ve updated the design. Gone with peach as tiger looks too close to pink in Brookston’s photos.

I'd agree with all the points about Paulson vs CPC colors.
Things that I considered...
New CPC. Harder to find mint Paulson's.
Easily obtainable.
Price. $1.35 per chip. Paulson's can get crazy expensive.
I think these CPC colors are bright. Maybe not as bright as some Paulson's, but not piecing a set together and the price made it an easy decision for me.

I'd agree with all the points about Paulson vs CPC colors.
Things that I considered...
New CPC. Harder to find mint Paulson's.
Easily obtainable.
Price. $1.35 per chip. Paulson's can get crazy expensive.
I think these CPC colors are bright. Maybe not as bright as some Paulson's, but not piecing a set together and the price made it an easy decision for me.
Yeah that’s my thinking as well. The cost of Paulson chips won’t be too much more but when I add in milling and relabelling the cost starts to add up. I’ll see what solid Paulsons are available but might end up going with CPC anyway.

With those colors id do a more traditional color progression

Blue - 100
Pink - 500
Yellow - 1000
Tiger - 5000
Green - 25000
White - 100000

The white chip could also be one of those rainbow spot 614 or 814, that’d look cool
Spots would tilt me man :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I think a CPC set can be bright enough If you pick the right colours. DG pink, yellow and peacock are a must.

Maybe not quite bright enough to impress 20 year olds like Paulson would, but certainly more than pleasing enough for the 30+ crowd.

I think a CPC set can be bright enough If you pick the right colours. DG pink, yellow and peacock are a must.

Maybe not quite bright enough to impress 20 year olds like Paulson would, but certainly more than pleasing enough for the 30+ crowd.
I just about scrape into the 30+ category :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I say stick with DG yellow. CPCs newest version of dg yellow is a great color. So much better than it was even just a couple years ago. Especially if you're using dg tiger for one of the other denoms. The dg yellow will give you more contrast than dg arc yellow. It's a better fit for the lineup.

I say stick with DG yellow. CPCs newest version of dg yellow is a great color. So much better than it was even just a couple years ago. Especially if you're using dg tiger for one of the other denoms. The dg yellow will give you more contrast than dg arc yellow. It's a better fit for the lineup.
Thanks for the advice. I’m going to stick with the Dayglo yellow and ditch the arc yellow. I’m swapping tiger for peach. Tiger looks like it would be too similar to pink.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom