Friday the 13th, the big day (1 Viewer)

I was able to confirm the slushie marked 'Pina Colada' is actually Miller Lite... Oh wait... you don't consume slushies. Nevermind. ;)
Well in that event.... you may see me with one at lunch time lol but unless we were having a company event you likely wouldn't see me with one even then, I'm being a good grown up and making sure not to drink drive!

I'm being a good grown up and making sure not to drink drive!

I've often though about a company that takes Uber to the next level... They bring a driver to you and they bring you and your car home... It wouldn't be cheap (you'd basically be paying for two Ubers), but its alot cheaper than a DUI.

Welcome to the world. The way Ben described the ladies and workforce, it seems like you might have a lot of long term or lifers there? Big jump going from horses to a shop that has both family and lifers intermixed, good mix for apathy. The plan to stay there awhile, learn, and jump ship? Or happy enough to stick around?

I’ve always worked small business, but wanted to see what working in a global big billion business was like. Pretty much lived the movie “Office Space” shot for shot. I think everyone probably has a story, but yeah it’s not fun realizing how little of the world has motivation or the ability to critically think, let alone both.
Yes to both, I'd like to stay here as long as possible. Not much on moving from job to job. I've been trained in 3 departments, planning to complete training in a 4th department within the next 2 years. Also have possibilities for 2 other departments. My goal is just to learn everything possible. My guess is the company will likely be switching hands in the next 3 or so years, and when it tanks I'd like to have as many certs as possible so that if I have to leave I can easily start somewhere new right away. On the flip side, I'd like to sneak in to an upper position if it ever becomes a possibilty. I dont plan on being primary work force forever.. I can hustle and push out good work in a hurry, but it doesn't bring any more bread to my table, only theirs. Right now I'm just hoping to have the uppers identify my potential. So far it's working out.

Last edited:
I've often though about a company that takes Uber to the next level... They bring a driver to you and they bring you and your car home... It wouldn't be cheap (you'd basically be paying for two Ubers), but its alot cheaper than a DUI.
That's genius. Should probably copyright (or patent, maybe that's the correct term) that.

That's genius. Should probably copyright (or patent, maybe that's the correct term) that.
I dont have the capital (or the time) to start that company up... and I'm sure others already do it. I bequeath the intellectual property to you in exchange for an option on 10% of the shares at the IPO price.

Actually, I think this company already exists, in some form.... Its called "Any Parents with a Teenager"...

I dont have the capital (or the time) to start that company up... and I'm sure others already do it. I bequeath the intellectual property to you in exchange for an option on 10% of the shares at the IPO price.

Actually, I think this company already exists, in some form.... Its called "Any Parents with a Teenager"...
Lol I think I have enough on my plate working these group buys. I would be afraid that would get messy, how do you ensure these drivers are honest and trustworthy

Lol I think I have enough on my plate working these group buys. I would be afraid that would get messy, how do you ensure these drivers are honest and trustworthy

Well, now that you own the intellectual property, you are not obligated to create the company... But when you sue someone for stealing the idea, hopefully you remember me and shoot me a little something something.

Well, now that you own the intellectual property, you are not obligated to create the company... But when you sue someone for stealing the idea, hopefully you remember me and shoot me a little something something.
Dually noted!

I think it would take whatever vetting process that a valet service would use. It's basically the same thing, except the locations change and the distance is further.

The real problem is getting someone to have the forethought to install the app, but not enough forethought to take the Uber to the bar. Then there's the hurdle of making the price cheaper than just taking an Uber the next morning to recover your car on your own.

Doesn't anybody use the google?

Tons of these companies already do this.

Screenshot_20200715-104922.png
Screenshot_20200715-104907.png

I think it would take whatever vetting process that a valet service would use. It's basically the same thing, except the locations change and the distance is further.

The real problem is getting someone to have the forethought to install the app, but not enough forethought to take the Uber to the bar. Then there's the hurdle of making the price cheaper than just taking an Uber the next morning to recover your car on your own.
I think for folks at my work that like to hit the bar after work 4 out 5 days of the week and dont have time to pick their car up the next day this would be useful. Also, for drunkies that the bartender has to "call a cab" for, this may be semi useful. I agree, the fine print wouldn't be easy

My thought was a nominal monthly fee... You sign up and (while sober) authorize UberWedgeRockBrie to drive your car, etc. Then, when the service is needed, you pay more than you would for an Uber, but not double the price.

Uber-Brie arrives at the bar with two drivers. One takes your car home with you inside, the other follows you. When they drop you off at home, the second car picks up the other driver and heads out to the next run...

My thought was a nominal monthly fee... You sign up and (while sober) authorize UberWedgeRockBrie to drive your car, etc. Then, when the service is needed, you pay more than you would for an Uber, but not double the price.

Uber-Brie arrives at the bar with two drivers. One takes your car home with you inside, the other follows you. When they drop you off at home, the second car picks up the other driver and heads out to the next run...
I like the monthly idea, that's gotta have value over paying per mile!

...... It's a taser that fits in your hand, and that is pink colored....
Oh I thought that was just a taser. Wasn’t sure what it meant by “hand”. After looking it up, guessing it’s just not one that fires or has ejectables?

Not sure what you meant Josh. There are tasers that don’t fit in your hand?

Oh I thought that was just a taser. Wasn’t sure what it meant by “hand”. After looking it up, guessing it’s just not one that fires or has ejectables?

Odds are, she's talking about a stun gun, as it most likely does not have ejecting probes. Same diff.

Yes that would be very very applicable lol

Yes it's basically like a mini taser for personal safety it just has small metal ball shaped electrodes on one end, nothing ejectable

On the plus side we did get Panera bagels this morning instead of our regular donuts from dunkin

Actually on that note they attached a survey to our paychecks this week, I initially threw it out, but about 10 minutes ago I retrieved it from the trash can and am going to take it home and write a long response in the "please write a brief explanation of your ratings" section

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom