Friday the 13th, the big day (1 Viewer)

Machine shop? Like with a CNC to mill chips? We see where this is going.....
You will be bringing in pallets of birdcages full of hotstamps to be milled by the end of the week.
Well it wasnt hot stamps but it has begun....

Today, I met the lathe

15901508546864514174424042079105.jpg

We changed the recess mill starting point bit I was attempting to keep the milling within the inner inlay recess but it was leaving part of the inlay behind and gear needs a nominal size from my understanding so we increased the size a tad to the nearest nominal number

20200522_095057.jpg

Very nice work Brie. Would love to see what you could do with the edges. @liftapints Nevada Lodge $1s come to mind.
Not ready for that yet :nailbite: Ben's not really on board for that, but theres a few I've thought would like nice with a little touch up

Not ready for that yet :nailbite: Ben's not really on board for that, but theres a few I've thought would like nice with a little touch up
When you get more comfortable I’d be willing to donate a few towards the experiment. Would definitely be interesting to see if it could be done.

Update: the milled chips all have a diameter ranging 1.12in to 1.18in
And a depth of .4mm to .7mm
I'm going to back the depth off a hair when I do the rest of them.

More like already obese women getting what they want... (no I am not referring to Brie) then a month from now they will want to know why their size 26 or 30 Jean's won't fit anymore.

Everyone in that company complains they never get raises.... but then sign a f**king petition to have a f**king slushie machine installed in a machinist shop. Literally makes me sick!!

As a long time fighter for worker's rights, I can say without a doubt - a too many workers dont deserve what they get.
My company unfortunately is riddled with privileged employees who do not meet the bar when it comes to standards or productivity. They do the minimum and push the extra work to the next person

I saw a lot of that when I worked in a print shop. I helped to form a union, then placed my head on the chopping block numerous times to back employees that were wronged.

I still love unions for what they are meant to do (prevent income inequality, keep workers safe, prevent indentured servitude), but hate them for what most people use them for (a crutch to do less).

And c'mon, Cherry and Pina Colada? :wtf:

I saw a lot of that when I worked in a print shop. I helped to form a union, then placed my head on the chopping block numerous times to back employees that were wronged.

I still love unions for what they are meant to do (prevent income inequality, keep workers safe, prevent indentured servitude), but hate them for what most people use them for (a crutch to do less).

And c'mon, Cherry and Pina Colada? :wtf:
Most people dont care here whether they do right or wrong, and the majority of the "upper staff" is interwebbed friends and family members... its messy lol

Ben's company is unionized, it has its pros and cons, I see and hear about alot of people with his matched pay rate with half the knowledge and work ethic. It's somewhat depressing

Also, I dont consume slushies so no hard feelings on the flavors lol

More like already obese women getting what they want... (no I am not referring to Brie) then a month from now they will want to know why their size 26 or 30 Jean's won't fit anymore.

Everyone in that company complains they never get raises.... but then sign a f**king petition to have a f**king slushie machine installed in a machinist shop. Literally makes me sick!!
As a long time fighter for worker's rights, I can say without a doubt - way too many workers dont deserve what they get.

I can’t help but love it! It’s like the movie Idiocracy (LOVE me some Dak). I literally can’t imagine a worse thing in the workplace. Most companies are pushing towards healthy, even subsiding certain lunches and meals just so that fresh and healthy is cheaper for employees.

Yet here we have a literal sugar machine running at 5 am. Which forget the health stuff, do what you want. But this very literally will impact the attitudes and work being done as they all sugar crash every afternoon and then fix it by having another and another (as someone who doesn’t get enough sleep, would have at least one by lunch, and would totally crash myself).

No idea bout machinists shops, but I’d think you’d want folks alert and such.

Last edited:
I can’t help but love it! It’s like the movie Idiocracy (LOVE me some Dak). I literally can’t imagine a worse thing in the workplace. Most companies are pushing towards healthy, even subsiding certain lunches and meals just so that fresh and healthy is cheaper for employees.

Yet here we have a literal sugar machine running at 5 am. Which forget the health stuff, do what you want. But this very literally will impact the attitudes and work being done as they all sugar crash every afternoon (and then fix it by having another and another).
It literally blows my mind that with enough bitching they can get whatever they want, but you work hard and do consistent quality work and have to fight to death for a .50 raise :dead:

It literally blows my mind that with enough bitching they can get whatever they want, but you work hard and do consistent quality work and have to fight to death for a .50 raise :dead:
Welcome to the world. The way Ben described the ladies and workforce, it seems like you might have a lot of long term or lifers there? Big jump going from horses to a shop that has both family and lifers intermixed, good mix for apathy. The plan to stay there awhile, learn, and jump ship? Or happy enough to stick around?

I’ve always worked small business, but wanted to see what working in a global big billion business was like. Pretty much lived the movie “Office Space” shot for shot. I think everyone probably has a story, but yeah it’s not fun realizing how little of the world has motivation or the ability to critically think, let alone both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom