Folding table diy (1 Viewer)

Semper247

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi, i used to have a pokertable, made it myself (with a lot of help from friends) and it was cool.
Only i do not have place to put it. I have to put it upstairs. And a table of 2 meters is not getting up and down easy.

I was wandering if anybody made a folding table by themself? And if so, was it easy or should i just buy one?

Buy a barrington. Will last you longer and easier to move than anything you could build. Plus sturdier. Move on with life

Buy a barrington. Will last you longer and easier to move than anything you could build. Plus sturdier. Move on with life
I seen them...they really look nice. But i don't want a frame under it..the table is going on top of my diningtable.

A lot depends on the size of your dining table, your budget and what you want to achieve.

A large dining table could support a simple topper whereas a smaller one would require an additional "base" on which to build.

I went for a bespoke solution that works for my small dining table and that can be disassembled into manageable pieces and when assembled looks somewhat like a permanent structure and, most importantly to me, without a fold line.

I went for a Chanman cloth which I'm happy but might have considered a custom table topper for the playing surface had they been available at the time for less complication. But hey I got where I wanted to get to and enjoyed the journey even if I did blow my budget completely :)

Core to it all is how big your dining table is ... and anything is possible.

A lot depends on the size of your dining table, your budget and what you want to achieve.

A large dining table could support a simple topper whereas a smaller one would require an additional "base" on which to build.

I went for a bespoke solution that works for my small dining table and that can be disassembled into manageable pieces and when assembled looks somewhat like a permanent structure and, most importantly to me, without a fold line.

I went for a Chanman cloth which I'm happy but might have considered a custom table topper for the playing surface had they been available at the time for less complication. But hey I got where I wanted to get to and enjoyed the journey even if I did blow my budget completely :)

Core to it all is how big your dining table is ... and anything is possible.
Can you post or link some pictures? This sounds pretty cool

Can you post or link some pictures? This sounds pretty cool

In my sig below - but in summary

Kui10bY.png
+
700iSZr.png

=
DDM28uW.png

I seen them...they really look nice. But i don't want a frame under it..the table is going on top of my diningtable.
Can you post pictures of your dining table? I would think you could make a multi piece top, then buy a custom top from @rjdev7 to be your surface and create a seamless look for the playing area.

Kui10bY.png
+
700iSZr.png

=
DDM28uW.png
Holy crap…that’s freaking awesome!
As far as the cup holders are concerned, do are they holding up well? Do they feel secure enough? I really like the concepts…I’m going to start asking all my buddies who has a CNC and steal this design!

As far as the cup holders are concerned, do are they holding up well? Do they feel secure enough?

I'm still waiting for my chairs - early/mid March - so haven't used it in anger yet but the cup holders are attached with bolts so are very solid. The only thing I may have to do is add some extra braces to the table if it wobbles at all when 8 people are leaning on it but I think it will be ok.

Kui10bY.png
+
700iSZr.png

=
DDM28uW.png
Wow, the table looks stunning!! I love the colors and the cloth.
But you say you disable it into a few pieces?
Like 8 pieces of "table edge"? And how do you make sure the tablecloth is as flat and tight?

Wow, the table looks stunning!! I love the colors and the cloth.
But you say you disable it into a few pieces?
Like 8 pieces of "table edge"? And how do you make sure the tablecloth is as flat and tight?

Thanks :) All explained in my table thread - last 2 posts break down all the parts and the assembly step by step and cover how I keep tension in the cloth.

Building your own table certainly has it's challenges - especially a newb to this sort of thing like I am - but the rewards are there too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom