Flying Spaghetti Monster CPC Mockups (2 Viewers)

Oh and use brown instead of maroon on the frac so you're not doubling up.

As most chips seem to have a mid color with a lighter and darker spot I would use maroon instead of retro red on the $5. (Plus even though it looks like there will be enough contrast I'm not convinced.)

The chip tool doesn't show a great contrast between red and retro red, but the real life samples seem to. Inspiration for the $5 is pictured below. I picture the contrast to be subtle. Keeping with the mids as base color concept, I could do retro red for the base (mid), then red (dark) and dg pink (light) for edges.

full

Then use the chacoal $100 which follows the mid base, lighter and darker spot.

(thumbsup.gif)

Also, can someone direct me to the Photoshop template CPC's site talks about?

I click the PDF template they mention.. "in PDF format for other users HERE."

...but it takes me to the below pdf that gives the inlay guidelines and shows what the template looks like, but it doesn't have any actual template to use.

http://www.classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/artworktemplate.pdf

It even says to "copy one of the artwork templates below and save in a new file", but there's no template to download.
EDIT: Got a psd version. Thanks!

Last edited:
I think making my own template using their guideline is easier than using their "template". The psd files I've made for this label already are 800px x 800px (which is about 2.66 inches, but I guess I have to make them actual size. .875 inches with a .75 inches red circle, aka ""text and graphics area".

Does that sound about right?

Last edited:
I think making my own template using their guideline is easier than using their "template". The psd files I've made for this label already are 800px x 800px (which is about 2.66 inches, but I guess I have to make them actual size. .875 inches with a .75 inches red circle, aka ""text and graphics area".

Does that sound about right?

I think I've learned that the inlay do not need to be created in a tiny 1" format but just need to follow the bleed and text guidelines. I created the labels again in Illustrator instead of Photoshop.

Here's the latest version of the chip and inlay.

Updates include...

• White circle added around inlay. (thoughts?)
  • Changed font for $ and ¢ for increased visibility
  • Removed dot from center of monster's eyes due to lack of clear visibility
  • Centered denominations (hundo centering is questionable as was done by eye)
  • $ and ¢ placement is now level with top of of denom
  • Quarter chip's edge is now Chocolate instead of Maroon
  • Dollar is now DG Peacock with Retro Blue/Light Blue edges
  • Updated inlay colors

cpc1028.png

Grey will keep it uniform with the monochrome theme. White spot stands out too much. +3 on the side 2 as well.

Oh also not sure if this is already the plan but since your mockups are using the smaller inlay, I just figured I'd mention it. With the A-mold you can definitely go with 1" inlays vs ⅞".

Oh also not sure if this is already the plan but since your mockups are using the smaller inlay, I just figured I'd mention it. With the A-mold you can definitely go with 1" inlays vs ⅞".

My intention was the 7/8" inlay but now that I'm using the white ring, you're making me second guess this decision. lol

Gonna browse more pics to find 7/8" inlay with a white ring.

I think I found the final winning combo.

Quarter still has Chocolate for the edge instead of Maroon.

Went with Imperial Blue as base for the $1 as DG Peacock looks nice but I feel like something bit darker looked nicer with these edges. Aware that Dark Blue is almost black, and that's what I'd like for these edges. Love that Light Blue is a little gray.

Going to cough up $60 more for L4 spots on the $5. Going with Retro Red for base since it stands out so nice and chose DG Pink and Maroon like Stocky suggested. One of the reasons that I switch the edge to 4DSA316 was because these colors didn't look right to me in a 614 pattern.

The $25 hasn't changed in a while.

The $100 is the new proud owner of a 8A14 edge. Getting rid of 614 on the red 'freed up' the 14 pattern (I know 3D14 is a 14, but it doesn't look like 814). Gray covered with Charcoal and Back edges looks cool as frig to me. Also note the unintentional illusion on back side of the hundo. Can you see the cow? Now look at the $25 and 25c. She's there too but with a 2 and a 5 for eyes. I might try to eliminate the illusion by moving it around and changing the size.
Another note about the hundo is I decided on gray as the base color because black or charcoal as base has been done again and again on custom CPC sets so I thought this would make it unique, even though it goes against the mid base, dark/light edges.

Breakdown again is
100x 25c
200x $1
200x $5
80x $25
20x $100

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm just about to pull the trigger.

cpc1032-sm.png

Last edited:
In for a sample set if they become available.

What a shame about samples is the guy who actually designed that monster, did it for people to put on any kind of propaganda they chose without worry about intellectual property and copyright repercussions as long as no one sells it. I emailed the guy (or admin of the site that disclaimer was on) explaining that I was making this set and wanted to sell samples (as is tradition) but no response. So as of now, I can't sell samples.

What a shame about samples is the guy who actually designed that monster, did it for people to put on any kind of propaganda they chose without worry about intellectual property and copyright repercussions as long as no one sells it. I emailed the guy (or admin of the site that disclaimer was on) explaining that I was making this set and wanted to sell samples (as is tradition) but no response. So as of now, I can't sell samples.

If you're selling at cost (not for profit), then I imagine it's not an issue?

I think I found the final winning combo.

Quarter still has Chocolate for the edge instead of Maroon.

Went with Imperial Blue as base for the $1 as DG Peacock looks nice but I feel like something bit darker looked nicer with these edges. Aware that Dark Blue is almost black, and that's what I'd like for these edges. Love that Light Blue is a little gray.

Going to cough up $60 more for L4 spots on the $5. Going with Retro Red for base since it stands out so nice and chose DG Pink and Maroon like Stocky suggested. One of the reasons that I switch the edge to 4DSA316 was because these colors didn't look right to me in a 614 pattern.

The $25 hasn't changed in a while.

The $100 is the new proud owner of a 8A14 edge. Getting rid of 614 on the red 'freed up' the 14 pattern (I know 3D14 is a 14, but it doesn't look like 814). Gray covered with Charcoal and Back edges looks cool as frig to me. Also note the unintentional illusion on back side of the hundo. Can you see the cow? Now look at the $25 and 25c. She's there too but with a 2 and a 5 for eyes. I might try to eliminate the illusion by moving it around and changing the size.
Another note about the hundo is I decided on gray as the base color because black or charcoal as base has been done again and again on custom CPC sets so I thought this would make it unique, even though it goes against the mid base, dark/light edges.

Breakdown again is
100x 25c
200x $1
200x $5
80x $25
20x $100

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm just about to pull the trigger.

View attachment 38402
Great call on the retro red base, personally it is my favorite of the reds. Might I suggest you take a closer comparison at the dark blue vs retro blue samples IRL. I have said several times before, but I really think RB is a much prettier color than DB. Here you have it as a spot so it may not make as much difference as if it were a base color, but worth a look IMO. Whatever you decide, this set is looking really good, nice work

And keep the cow:D

Great call on the retro red base, personally it is my favorite of the reds. Might I suggest you take a closer comparison at the dark blue vs retro blue samples IRL. I have said several times before, but I really think RB is a much prettier color than DB. Here you have it as a spot so it may not make as much difference as if it were a base color, but worth a look IMO. Whatever you decide, this set is looking really good, nice work

And keep the cow:D

I think you're right. Retro Blue is dark enough and it's actually distinguishable as blue without placing it next to a black chip.

I'm starting to dislike my side two. It's not symmetrical and I can't unsee the cow.

I wouldn't mind having some kind of text around the edge of a side two but I really can't think of anything worth while to type on it.

I may just go with same on each side.

Last edited:
Oof...and now I see you moved your dual color quarter pie 25c to a tri-colored $25. This gives me a sad.

Not my preference. Also not my set or money. If you dig it, run with it.

Love the side-peek noodler, btw!

Oof...and now I see you moved your dual color quarter pie 25c to a tri-colored $25. This gives me a sad.

Not my preference. Also not my set or money. If you dig it, run with it.

Love the side-peek noodler, btw!

It's still dual color but now it's on the $25 now. Couple reasons. 1) I saw a few sets with yellowish quarter pie 25c or T25 chips (Black Cat is one) and wanted mine to be unique. 2) I really wanted more complex edges on my $1, and it would seem like a big jump from quarter pie to 3D14. The set in that link does look nice though. That 614 $25 looks much better than the pie. I gotta think. :)

Ha saw that. Also saw an article where a prisoner in the US was denied his right to practice Pastafarianism sighting it as a satirical religion. (which it totally is).

How crazy do you wanna go on the $100?

Could use these just change colors to suit.
View attachment 38704

I'd like to keep it simple. Some of these higher level edge spots are soo ugly. Did they retire some of their edges? I recall a tri spotted 4DSA316. Not sure what that'd be called, but it had three 16 stripes on each side which were separated by the base color. Maybe it was the old Chip Tool when it had Paulson edges.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom