First Custom Set (1 Viewer)

dbrous90

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Posted this thread back in August of 2022 ready to purchase my first set and knew absolutely nothing about chips. Thanks to everyone here I learned a lot and was able to nail down some key decisions. Unfortunately, home renovations came quicker than I thought and put buying a set on hold. Home renovations are over and now I am ready to pull the trigger. It is also my birthday so my wife is letting me pull the trigger on them as a birthday present. Here are some of the decisions/ideas I am hoping move forward with:
  • Chips - Cards Mold Tina. Do other "molds" with Tina cost more? I think it would be cool to do the fleur di lis mold in line with my theme.
  • Set Inspiration - Louisiana theme sticking with traditional denomination base colors. I tried to follow edging options looking at some of my favorite custom designs like Ambessa, Rainier Room, Taj Mahal, Casa Mango, and a few others. Feel like my edging options/colors could use some work. Any and all feedback even small tweaks is welcome.
  • Denoms
    • 25c x 100 Louisiana Flag (Blue base with Blue/Yellow/White edging options)
1685731379202.png

• $1 x 200 Mardi Gras (White base with Green/Purple/Gold edging options)
1685731519215.png

• $5 x 200 UL Ragin Cajuns (Red base with Red/White/Black edging options)
1685731547159.png

• $20 x 75 LSU Tigers (Yellow base with Yellow/Purple/White/Black edging options)
1685731578802.png

• $100 x 25 New Orleans Saints (Black base with Gold/White/Black edging options). Would love to do the three indidividual gold lines on each of the 4 sides like taj mahal but didn't see that option
1685731622582.png

• Budget - $400 to $500 all in
  • Would like to participate in the next group buy
Things I need help on/Questions
  • Inlay design - Please tag anyone, message me, or post a link that could help me with this. Looking for something unique and classy but can be basic. Doesn't have to be "Louisiana Theme" but can't hurt. Unfortunately with my budget, I don't know how much help I can get here. May be lookin at someone modifying a design that has already been done but hopefully can maximize what I mentioned above.
  • Edging design - Are there do's and don'ts? Are there rules of thumb with regards to edging types and colors? All the edgings look great in the designer tool but its overwhelming as someone with no artistic ability.
If I am way off base on something or have unrealistic expectations, please let me know lol.

First, this corner of PCF is more for general questions. If you’re looking for assistance with your set, I would post this in the proper spot: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/forums/poker-chip-mockup-and-design.29/

Second, if you’re going the Tina route, you can do anything, you don’t have to limit your imagination to traditional spots. Not sure if she has an FLD mold, though.

Shoot me a PM if you need any help putting artwork together, we can work it out :)
Do you have a lot of custom poker chip design experience? I am thinking of a specific design for myself but I am no artist.

Matt has helped a zillion people with their designs and can also aid in the connection and ordering from Tina with makes the whole process of getting custom chips from Alibaba a pain free process. Highly recommended :cool
That's cool, thanks for the recommendation. I've been considering a custom set for a while now, and would need some assistance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom