Final Tina Mold Poll- 2023 (THC Sized inlay) (3 Viewers)

Which mold do you prefer?

• A.

Votes: 53 28.3%
  • B.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • C.

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • E.

Votes: 81 43.3%

• Total voters

justincarothers

4 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
This new mold will be exclusive. The size of the inlay will be approximately the same as a THC chip. Please vote for your favorites and leave any comments you have! Thanks!

a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

E thin greek.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:
Debossed ring around the center and outside, nice! I think A and C are a little too busy, and I'd worry about the dye-sublimation not being able to get in the tight corners of the debossed overlapping suits shapes. B seems like the best of the three.

Last edited:
Was there any discussion to recess the inlay area to cut down on spinners by chance?

None of the above. Looks too much like the cheap cheap plastic chips with basically that exact design on them.

View attachment 1135918
Yeah, pretty close to these.

Don’t like B bc it reminds me of Dice Chips that @TheDuke showed.

A and C will take votes from each other. But doesn’t look close.

Well now I can't unsee it.
Completely understand these viewpoints, however the chances of getting the forum to find any consensus on a pattern that pleases us all that isnt THC or SCrown is going to be impossible.

IMO the important thing to consider for a new mold is that is tries to capture the overall aesthetic of a THC chip by having inner and out rings and simple ring design.

Given the almost iconic status of dice chips, even if it's for the wrong reasons, offering an improved dice chip could be the gateway drug to attracting more people to this hobby or getting people to upgrade from actual dice chips.

I vote B. Dice Chips 2.0, even though the new version has no dice.

Out of these choices I would select B. The others are way too busy. But not sure I would buy any of them.

What happened to the Greek Key mold from the other poll? I was definitely interested in that one.

Out of these choices I would select B. The others are way too busy. But not sure I would buy any of them.

What happened to the Greek Key mold from the other poll? I was definitely interested in that one.
Without having a prototype of the Greek mold it is too much of a gamble in my opinion. Not sure how the printing would work. Edge spots could look funky

will the 43mm have the same recess area or larger?

also with regards to the 'tails' on the clubs and diamonds, whilst it looks good in the mockup to have them small like that, could that present a problem with the printer process with ink not being able to get into the recess properly?

will the 43mm have the same recess area or larger?

also with regards to the 'tails' on the clubs and diamonds, whilst it looks good in the mockup to have them small like that, could that present a problem with the printer process with ink not being able to get into the recess properly?
To get a recess we would have to do hybrid chips which would cost quite a bit more because there is a set up fee for the labels

Completely understand these viewpoints, however the chances of getting the forum to find any consensus on a pattern that pleases us all that isnt THC or SCrown is going to be impossible.

IMO the important thing to consider for a new mold is that is tries to capture the overall aesthetic of a THC chip by having inner and out rings and simple ring design.

Given the almost iconic status of dice chips, even if it's for the wrong reasons, offering an improved dice chip could be the gateway drug to attracting more people to this hobby or getting people to upgrade from actual dice chips.

I vote B. Dice Chips 2.0, even though the new version has no dice.

I like dice chips :) None of those 4 designs improve on it. Especially the bang for the buck. I personally think many of the cards mold etc are a downgrade closer to the texture and quality of the chips TheDuke posted above. I'd put money on these being sent down the road sooner than most custom chips. The money could be better spent on something that is atleast unique like the Greek or many other custom molds mentioned in other threads.

Attachments

• 20230323_115049.jpg
    20230323_115049.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 95

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom