Favorite Pizza (2 Viewers)

NEO for me. When I lived in AZ, We went to Pizzeria Bianco. This was when Chris (Bianco) was the only person making the pizza. So, a good 2 to 3 hour wait usually. I have NEVER had a better pizza - not even close. I do not miss AZ. But I do miss two things. Chris Bianco's pizza and the weather in March during Spring Training!

1587313167816.png

1587313314951.png

https://www.eater.com/2015/3/10/8155543/pizzeria-bianco-best-pizza-america

This write up really isn't exaggerating -- it is that good!

1587313941633.png

La Piazza Al Forno (also in AZ) gets a distant second place

1587314498131.png

1587314468652.png

Last edited:
We 've been cooking a lot and NOT ordering from outside, but whenever (rarely) that happens, I enjoy re-enacting the late Aristotelis Onassis, at a smaller scale (in absolute terms), tipping anyway 100% :)
Truth is these workers deserve it anyway, under these conditions.

Pizza! Did you say Pizza? We have a pretty damn good Pizza at our Brew Pub. We have reduced our menu to Growlers, packaged beer and Pizza! Not as much business with this Curbside only model but it is able to pay the salaries of the people that we were able to keep on. Unfortunately the Stimulus did not help us much.

Here is our company Freetail Brewing Company

A pic of one of Hand tossed Pizzas! (Borrowed from a twitter post)

1587313760271.png

Pizza! Did you say Pizza? We have a pretty damn good Pizza at our Brew Pub. We have reduced our menu to Growlers, packaged beer and Pizza! Not as much business with this Curbside only model but it is able to pay the salaries of the people that we were able to keep on. Unfortunately the Stimulus did not help us much.

Here is our company Freetail Brewing Company

A pic of one of Hand tossed Pizzas! (Borrowed from a twitter post)

View attachment 443238
I've never been to Texas, but I'll be sure to look you up if I'm in the area. Looks delicious!

I'd say "then make your own!", but flour and yeast have been as difficult to find in the store as toilet paper. Damn people and their hoarding tendencies. I have rapid acting yeast in the refrigerator that has been open for the past year that I hope didn't go flat yet. I have a couple of envelopes of the self-rising yeast used for pizza dough that will still hopefully be good for the next few months.

A local place is selling some of their pizza dough to the public. Just put some sauce and your choice of toppings and you're good to go. Comes out just as good as the pizzeria on my steel at 500 F.
I made one. It's not the same. I'm a pretty good cook and I've tried so many different things, but I've never once made a pizza that came close to pizzeria pizza.
Believe me, I make an amazing lasagna. I make chicken parm better than you'll get in a restaurant. I spent 5 years perfecting meatballs. I love this shit and I'm good at it. But honestly, I'm a pizza failure. I've used a stone - still no good. I blame my old piece of crap oven.

Some are better than others, but I never had a pizza that I didn't like. If I had to pick one, it would be Lodi Pizza in, well, Lodi. Old school Jersey pizza with what looks like the original everything from over 40 years ago. Now I have to go get some!

I made one. It's not the same. I'm a pretty good cook and I've tried so many different things, but I've never once made a pizza that came close to pizzeria pizza.
Believe me, I make an amazing lasagna. I make chicken parm better than you'll get in a restaurant. I spent 5 years perfecting meatballs. I love this shit and I'm good at it. But honestly, I'm a pizza failure. I've used a stone - still no good. I blame my old piece of crap oven.
PM me and we can chat in further detail, but it does come down to the equipment and the ingredients used. I also found a couple of books helpful. They outline what is needed and what separates the good from the great.

I love them all. But a regional favorite that many people might not know about is greek pizza. Around here, if it's called _________ House of Pizza, it's probably greek and it's probably good. It's got a thickish, kind of spongy crust, it's made in a pan, so its a bit thick (nothing like chicago style, just a bit thicker than average,) the sauce is usually on the sweeter side, lots of cheese and toppings, and it's greasy. Good stuff.

I grew up on Greek pizza and it's my favorite as well. _________ Town Pizza places are almost always Greek too! The basics are remarkably consistent from place to place, like how Thai restaurants all seem to be.

You also can't beat a good bar pizza, the most popular example around here is probably Town Spa in Stoughton, but Cape Cod and Emma's are also good and you can buy those frozen in the grocery store. And there are quite a few lesser known actual bars scattered around that do them too.

I agree with that, though little ceasars comes close. Also anywhere that goes heavy handed with the red pepper in their sauce.
Had little Caesars last night, not my favorite lol I'd rather have ledos, but still better than no pizza. Plus cheesey bread

I’ve never tried Little Caesar’s “standard” pizza. But I don’t mind the “Deep! Deep! Dish!” pepperoni pizza at all. Dare I say, I actually crave it at least a couple times a year. And I’m from New Jersey...

*ducks*

I’ve never tried Little Caesar’s “standard” pizza. But I don’t mind the “Deep! Deep! Dish!” pepperoni pizza at all. Dare I say, I actually crave it at least a couple times a year. And I’m from New Jersey...

*ducks*
Pot can do wonder for the tastebuds

This might be my favorite pie right now:

Di Farina in Westfield, NJ. Large pizza well done on the bottom with fresh mozzarella and pepperoni.

View attachment 538249

Looks good, will have to add this to my list. On your next trip there, hit the Kilwins around the corner, if you don’t already. My best buddy runs the store, his parents are the franchisees.

....I'm a pizza failure. I've used a stone - still no good. I blame my old piece of crap oven.

Try two stones (or baking steels -- even better!), 3 inches apart, in the top of the oven, preheat as hot as it will go for at least a half hour. :tup:

It could be the dough. I know at my brewpub our dough was made specifically for the oven we use. Pizza done in 8 minutes or less!!!

there is a bunch more to the dough than I ever thought. We use a stone oven which has two temp settings. One for the stone and one for the oven itself.
I can ask our pizza expert if you need some feedback on dough and type of oven.

I love them all. But a regional favorite that many people might not know about is greek pizza. Around here, if it's called _________ House of Pizza, it's probably greek and it's probably good. It's got a thickish, kind of spongy crust, it's made in a pan, so its a bit thick (nothing like chicago style, just a bit thicker than average,) the sauce is usually on the sweeter side, lots of cheese and toppings, and it's greasy. Good stuff.

we call these places the Hog ( house of Greece/ Grease) Insert town , the Winthrop Hog Etc.... you can’t eat them all the time, but every once in a while.....mmm good.

We also have a phenomenon in Mass, where they have what is called south shore Bar Pizza. It doesn’t sound good, but it is unreal. You can’t get a roast beef sandwich on the south shore like you can on the north shore, but you can’t get bar pizza on the north shore.

Looks good, will have to add this to my list. On your next trip there, hit the Kilwins around the corner, if you don’t already. My best buddy runs the store, his parents are the franchisees.
I probably will with Brummer's shuttered for good now. Kilwin's is very good but also very expensive!

Try two stones (or baking steels -- even better!), 3 inches apart, in the top of the oven, preheat as hot as it will go for at least a half hour. :tup:
To add to this, if the oven has a convection setting, use it! It'll give you a crisper crust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom