Fat Tire Cash Chips... Design Discussion (7 Viewers)

I liked the previous version of the $1. More interesting to my eye (and a pseudo-Flamingo tribute to boot).
Better1.png

@inca911 I really like those colors. Here's another version/direction. I was liking the 1/4 pie for the frac. and was contemplating a different red for the $5. However, I think the colors you chose look amazing too. The mockup below actually drops down the $1 and $5 two levels, which is a big price break. But that said, I vowed this cash set wouldn't sacrifice in that department to save a small bit of money.

FT Cash Mock F.png

But after seeing your post above, I did a little tinkering... Here's the result:

FT Cash Mock G.png

But after seeing your post above, I did a little tinkering... Here's the result:

I think I like the frac and $5 from the top set, and the 1, 20, and hundo from the bottom. Would be interested in seeing those all together. If I had to choose one of those two line-ups as a whole, the bottom one wins for sure - less dependence on white & orange throughout the set. I think I like the flow of the spot progression in the top set just *slightly* better than the bottom, but the one on the bottom is still good...nothing jumps out at me from it.

Still playing with this. Although due to other expenses, the timeline for this set has been delayed, but it's still in the docket.

FT Cash 1.png

IMO the only chip that fits the "neon" feel is the $1 out of the most recent, perhaps this isn't what you are going for any longer. That said I still like the idea of bright white on the $20 and still like the DG Tiger fivers.

IMO the only chip that fits the "neon" feel is the $1 out of the most recent, perhaps this isn't what you are going for any longer. That said I still like the idea of bright white on the $20 and still like the DG Tiger fivers.

IMG_0266.JPG

I love the idea of a tiger five dollar chip, however it is so close to the quarter color, and it is pretty bright. The set is supposed to have bright colors, but the tiger is just a little too bright orange for my taste as a five dollar chip

Ok Here are a few color a runs. I have to admit, the tiger looks amazing in the photos, and also in person. But in person, it's much more vivid an orange. If you look at my T5k, I used the spots to drastically tone down the glaring orange-ness. I'm not opposed to a Tiger $5, but it's def a wild choice. I'm not sure the 616 spots will be enough...

IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0271.JPG
IMG_0268.JPG

Thanks to @Ray-Col for the cool rendering in my poll thread. An overwhelming number of votes went to a canary (yellow) frac. I agree, as it ties in perfectly with the colors in the sign (white, red, blue, and yellow). I didn't want to sway opinions by sharing mine until the voting was completed.

Here are the renderings by Ray-Col.

Set Render 1.jpg

Set Render 2.jpg

Just to provide feedback, the renderings by Ray-Col seem a tad light in the color saturation department. It very well could be my monitor settings? However, the images on the screen seem a bit faded compared to their real life counterparts. In fact, I just posted a second pic, which includes pics of the pic of a pic... I'm sure we're getting into some form of quantum physics, and hopefully I don't rip a hole in the space-time continuum... However, I do see some saturation loss from image to image. The final verdict is that your monitor (maybe just mine) will likely never show the true amazingness of the in-person chips...

I think the actual chips will look absolutely electric in person. Regardless, the renderings are very very cool.

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

Last edited:
Now... anyone have spot or spot color tweaks or suggestions before we lock this away in a vault until it's time to order? Unfortunately, I can't order before the pricing model will increase these drastically... However, I think I'll be in a better place financially (chip wise) down the road a bit...

Just to provide feedback, the renderings by Ray-Col seem a tad light in the color saturation department. It very well could be my monitor settings?
There are so many variables in play ... light temperature, camera settings, monitor calibration ... your DG peacock sample looks like it's almost darker than retro red - mine is much, much lighter and really pops. My first rendering had a strictly neutral setup - I always derive from there - the second mimics typical warm indoor light.
But the universe will live on, no matter what. :D

In my defense I can just post a similar setup from me where the rendered (and printed!) colors are matching at least reasonably with the real chips sunfly printed eventually.
strange.jpg

This really came together nicely! You will love the CSQ mold. It's my favorite all time mold that CPC has. I think it looks great as is! Great job on the renders @Ray-Col! :)

Yes, but torn... the CSQ mold is going into a new pricing category, and coupled with the 2017 price increases, it'll bring pricing up $.50/chip... Waiting a few months isn't gonna be cheap...

Yes, but torn... the CSQ mold is going into a new pricing category, and coupled with the 2017 price increases, it'll bring pricing up $.50/chip... Waiting a few months isn't gonna be cheap...

That mold is one of the best trust me! I just double checked the pricing increase and it looks like it's about .22 per chip increase for what levels I looked at. I know its more money but these are going to be your custom babies so a extra money is worth it in the long run to get what you want (if in fact you want CSQ).

That mold is one of the best trust me! I just double checked the pricing increase and it looks like it's about .22 per chip increase for what levels I looked at. I know its more money but these are going to be your custom babies so a extra money is worth it in the long run to get what you want (if in fact you want CSQ).

The CSQ mold is going into a new category, and will also see the 2017 increases as well...

Pricing CPC Increases.png

But you're right, it's only $.22/chip ish. That's palatable. Not sure where I was getting the $.50 per chip? I guess I can take it back down to defcon 1

15837.gif

I liked the version of the $1 with the yellow edge spot over the green (pseudo Flamingo tribute). Pic is just for the $1.
Old version.png

The sign has yellow but no green, and the green sticks out a little much for my tastes. With yellow, you have good connectivity between the new chips:
  • A yellow spectrum color from the quarter base in the $1 edge spot
  • A red spectrum color from the $1 edge spot in the $5 base
  • A white from the $5 edge spot in the $20/25 base
  • A black spectrum in the $20/25s edge spot in the $100 base
P.S. DEFCON 1 is most severe (e.g., imminent or active nuclear war). Even the Gulf War only made DEFCON 2. DEFCON 4 would an appropriate description for near calm.

I liked the version of the $1 with the yellow edge spot over the green (pseudo Flamingo tribute).

Like this???

FT Cash 3.png

Or this iteration:

FT Cash 4.png

What do people think of swapping the $1 and $20 spots?

Last edited:
I like the bottom $1 chip (but I'm thinking more reddish than pinkish to better bridge to the $5 chip), as it fits with the bike frame + the color progression. Can you post a pic of that with the current "final" other chips? I think there's something off a bit with the spots, but I'm focusing on color ideas right now.

just me trying to be different... yadda yadda...

I thought about this too. However, I have a set with a blue quarter, white dollar, etc.. And those colors aren't bad, but...

And a red five

DG Tiger!! Here is as NEON as I think I can get:D

!
Fat Tire.png

The last 4 are alternate quarters, the DG tiger there since your hell bent on a red $5

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom