Fat Tire Cash Chips... Design Discussion (1 Viewer)

I wouldn’t say never. I had never used more than a barrel or two of $25’s from my PCA set in 8 years to having everyone of them (200) in play and and several $100 chips in play too.

Be it by inflation or finding players that want to play higher stakes, I would want more bank depth as well.

FT Breakdown A.png
FT Breakdown B.png

Hmm, not as big a price difference as I'd thought. So now, playability comes into question. What is my workhourse chip? The 20 adds bank and some versatility for growth, the $5 might add more playable "workhorse" chips at lower stakes

View attachment 138608 View attachment 138609

Hmm, not as big a price difference as I'd thought. So now, playability comes into question. What is my workhourse chip? The 20 adds bank and some versatility for growth, the $5 might add more playable "workhorse" chips at lower stakes

You're missing 20 chips on the top configuration, that's why the totals are so close.

You're missing 20 chips on the top configuration, that's why the totals are so close.

I'm on a whirlwind couple days. Two days of grueling poker (but booking solid wins), buying/selling chips, and I start the day with a massive painful spasm or cramp in my neck that has me debilitated (can't look from side to side, or move without pain). Ugh...

Here's the new price on the proposed breakdown when you make the totals flush:

w/ PP fees
$5,755.89

So orig breakdown is 5675
Proposed breakdown is 5755

Still kinda looking like a no-brainer.

Such a crazy look back at the related Fat Tire threads. This journey has been several Years in the making. I looked back and realized that my custom tournament set process started over three years ago. My cash set idea is over two years old, with me working on it seriously in this design thread for over 14 months. Many ideas, Mock ups, and input from other members Has culminated into this set becoming a reality. Only 3 to 4 months of waiting now. This will certainly be the hardest part.

This will make the MTTD even sweeter, being able to roll these babies out. I might just have to hold off on posting any pictures of the set until after the MTTD? I’ll just allow people who are attending to make their own reveals of the chip set.

Oh god.. it’s been three weeks since I’ve looked at this thread last... I’ve been trying to ignore, avoid, etc.. figuring that if I forget about the chips, they’ll be here before I know it..

So hard... the struggle is real...

I find that placing an order every few months keeps chips coming in on a regular basis so the waiting isn’t so bad. My October order will be here Friday.

I expect the new I just placed to be here in March.

About then I will be placing another add-on. Rinse and repeat!

I find that placing an order every few months keeps chips coming in on a regular basis so the waiting isn’t so bad. My October order will be here Friday.

I expect the new I just placed to be here in March.

About then I will be placing another add-on. Rinse and repeat!

I wish my BR could support this. I saved for over a year for this set

I wish my BR could support this. I saved for over a year for this set

CPC will allow 100 chip add-on orders. Even the 300 chip typical minimum isn’t too costly if the edge spots aren’t too high of level.

Once you have the base set placing add/ones isn’t too bad. I think @Ronoh has mastered it!

CPC will allow 100 chip add-on orders. Even the 300 chip typical minimum isn’t too costly if the edge spots aren’t too high of level.

Once you have the base set placing add/ones isn’t too bad.
My only caveat is that when ordering chips 100 at a pop shipping eats you up if you place multiple orders over time. $25 shipping for 100 chips versus $40-50 for 500 for example. If you just need 100 chips then by all means order 100 chips. But if you're scraping for dollars and need several hundred maybe sit out a cycle and save so up you can place one order.

My only caveat is that when ordering chips 100 at a pop shipping eats you up if you place multiple orders over time. $25 shipping for 100 chips versus $40-50 for 500 for example. If you just need 100 chips then by all means order 100 chips. But if you're scraping for dollars and need several hundred maybe sit out a cycle and save so up you can place one order.

Very true, the shipping charges suck!!! I’m guessing CPC insures the order for the full value. They don’t want to have to remake a bunch of chips for free when an order gets lost because they didn’t insure it.

Very true, the shipping charges suck!!! I’m guessing CPC insures the order for the full value. They don’t want to have to remake a bunch of chips for free when an order gets lost because they didn’t insure it.
Yes indeedy ... tack on signature service and there's certain (relatively) fixed costs to be covered on every order. I forget what I ordered one time but it was like 300 chips more than the initial quote. The only difference in shipping was $4.75 to cover the $1.25 per chip box.

I was just informed that David has all my chip “parts” pre made, and is just waiting for the CSQ mold to run...

I asked him for clarification and he explained he’s already printed inlays, cut out the blanks and spots.. apparently these are like legos? I always imagined the blanks are more clay-like and would dry out. Oh well, looks like delivery/production in the 4-week timeframe... so I’m happy.

I was just informed that David has all my chip “parts” pre made, and is just waiting for the CSQ mold to run...

I asked him for clarification and he explained he’s already printed inlays, cut out the blanks and spots.. apparently these are like legos? I always imagined the blanks are more clay-like and would dry out. Oh well, looks like delivery/production in the 4-week timeframe... so I’m happy.

hmmm .. I hope I am in that same situation. I verified my proof a week or two ago. fingers crossed.

I was informed my chips would be done by the end of March. Fingers crossed. Here was the proof sent by CPC. For some reason the background turned out black. I prefer the darker background since it is more representative of how these will look on my darker felt.

E08DC83F-89E6-4B34-A77C-6758701A5F34.jpeg

FYI they are a few weeks behind due to the storms. At least that’s what I was told about my MD50 order that was originally scheduled to ship early March.

I was informed my chips would be done by the end of March. Fingers crossed. Here was the proof sent by CPC. For some reason the background turned out black. I prefer the darker background since it is more representative of how these will look on my darker felt.

View attachment 160731
Can’t wait to see that $1 when it’s finished and I also think the frac is going to be the dark horse chip of that set.

FYI they are a few weeks behind due to the storms. At least that’s what I was told about my MD50 order that was originally scheduled to ship early March.

Good to know. David assured me I will have these before the MTTD which is mid-April, and the last I heard from him a couple days ago, delivery was likely end of March. As long as these come in before the MTTD, I won’t complain.

Edited. That if yours were supposed to be made before, hopefully that means your chips will seem be made.

Can’t wait to see that $1 when it’s finished and I also think the frac is going to be the dark horse chip of that set.

About the frac... David actually questioned whether I wanted to go with the colors selected, explaining there wasn’t a ton of contrast between the base/spot colors (compared to the vivid contrast with the other chips and their spots). My mindset was, it’s a frac, and even having a solid yellow/canary frac would have been ok. The spots are supposed to be subtle.

About the frac... David actually questioned whether I wanted to go with the colors selected, explaining there wasn’t a ton of contrast between the base/spot colors (compared to the vivid contrast with the other chips and their spots). My mindset was, it’s a frac, and even having a solid yellow/canary frac would have been ok. The spots are supposed to be subtle.
It looks like there’s sufficient contract in your sample chip photos. Personally I think it’s going to look great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom