Eisenstadt's Website Taken Down (2 Viewers)

GODDAMNIT!!!!!!
I hope somebody here had the good sense to copy it all. Or is there some secret to finding old stuff? I feel like I’ve heard phrases like cached or Time Machine thrown around.

Its not supposed to come down until April 3rd.

1709072750862.png

Me?

I looked up the whois to see who owned it and saw that the registry expires 03/04/24 and thought it was weird that it came down today.
No, i was talking about something else but its gone. Carry on!

I believe he was referring to me and a gif. I didn’t mean it in a bad way, just saying another (unfortunately) is gone.
Sorry I don’t mean to be a content cop. That was my reaction because I was thinking about the man behind the site. Not that I ever met him, but I’d read lots of good stuff.

My best guess as to what happened here is that their SSL certificate expired and their registrar/webhost Dreamhost injects their own until they purchase a new SSL certificate.

We get the error because the certificate's site that it was issued to does not match the actual website name.

1000002058.png

Even if this means that the site is going down permanently (which I don't think it does. I just think it means that they're in the process of renewing their certificate) there's always The Wayback Machine to show us sites that have long gone.

My rant is over. I'm going back to murdering Bud Jones chips. You may all go back to ogling my 3D printed galleries...

I reached out to the person who is keeping the site going. Waiting for some more info but the site has been back up for a while. I archived the entire site and started making a condensed version of it, updating the deprecated HTML and CSS code to enhance compatibility with modern web browsers and mobile devices, just in case it goes offline permanently.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/pages/antiquegamblingchips-mold-designs/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom