Earthquakes and Volcano in Iceland (2 Viewers)

From my hometown Im safe
d8a91959-b4bb-462e-875e-8b5fe81ce8e8.jpeg

Better than the Bellagio fountains. Wow.

We live in the future...
If you watch around 22:11 local it's pointed at the town.
22:15 the camera starts turning and stops at what looks like a dark area with some man made light in the lower left corner
At around 22:17:12ish it looks like a bomb goes off in the distance...the zoom on this camera is FANTASTIC.

Is anyone glued to the live feed?…as a former geologist, the coverage (video, data, etc.) is unreal.

Is everyone safe?…power plant ok?
image.jpg

Is anyone glued to the live feed?…as a former geologist, the coverage (video, data, etc.) is unreal.

Is everyone safe?…power plant ok?View attachment 1242744
So far everything is good! But this is a situation where change in any direction could be really bad for infrastructure.

I have been watching a lot I must admit. This is the best stream

So far everything is good! But this is a situation where change in any direction could be really bad for infrastructure.

I have been watching a lot I must admit. This is the best stream
The earth is a mighty bitch. Iceland is her freshest hemorrhoid…bad analogy, but kinda accurate. Be safe.

Volcano has stopped and land has begun rising again. This is a behaviour we have seen before in so-called Kröflueldar ( Fires of Krafla) Krafla is another area and Kröflueldar were 9 eruptions in 9 years in 1975-1984.

This would result in strong eruptions over and over. They may be short but powerful and it would have been better if it would have just finished in one eruption.

Now we just wait and see but this is terrible news for Grindavík, Svartsengi(power and water plant) and the Blue Lagoon. The danger continues and pressure continues to build up.

This is good news for the action junkies

Volcanoes are awesome, and this is so incredibly amazing to watch. At the same time, my heart goes out to the folks impacted by all this. The disruption to their lives and the town is awful.

Thanks for the updates. Grindavik is such a beautiful little town on a remote part of the Island. I used to enjoy driving around there to visit the lighthouses and black sand beaches/dunes. So sad to see it abandoned and burning.

So these have been short and strong so far. We have another one now, this one might put Svartsengi the power plant in danger. Lava has already crossed the road and has 800meters left to do some damage to the water heating system for 30.000 people.
IMG_6231.jpeg
IMG_6232.jpeg
IMG_6233.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom