Don't blame Canadians for PayPal fees (1 Viewer)

TheDuke

Full House
Reaction score
So I agreed to sell @ekricket some chips.

Apparently he might be charged some fees from PayPal to send a Canadian some funds.

He accuses me of hiding these costs. How the fuck am I supposed to be responsible for PayPal fees.

Dude, go fuck yourself and your shitty attitude.

We Canadians and international buyers face extra fees left and right and we don't accuse you guys of 'hiding' shit.

What an ass clown.
Screenshot_20210625-063435.png

Last edited:
Hey show the rest where I asked you directly about this and you Hem and hawed and pretended you don’t know how PayPal works.

I’m perfectly willing to pay you in Canadian and G&S. Or you can keep sneaking around to save a few dollars.

I’m perfectly willing to pay you in Canadian and G&S. Or you can keep sneaking around to save a few dollars.
From what I've been told by other Americans, there's an extra fee to send via CAD. That's what I tried to relay.

To accuse me of hiding fees is complete fucking bullshit.

There's a fee involved in any PayPal transaction between US and international accounts unfortunately.

Its lower if you use a PayPal balance and keep it in USD, maybe only $5 or so? If you use a credit card to pay it starts getting really fucking expensive.

That being said, I cover the fees when I'm buying and I expect buyers to do the same when I'm selling. But I can get a bit confusing admittedly.

Fuck PayPal lol

On $400 transaction, a $5 fee is 1.25%.

Put up a GoFundMe to cover the $5 instead of calling out a member publicly. Is $5 worth losing a $400 sale?!

There's a fee involved in any PayPal transaction between US and international accounts unfortunately.

Its lower if you use a PayPal balance and keep it in USD, maybe only $5 or so? If you use a credit card to pay it starts getting really fucking expensive.

That being said, I cover the fees when I'm buying and I expect buyers to do the same when I'm selling. But I can get a bit confusing admittedly.

Fuck PayPal lol
That's what I tried relaying. But he took it as I was being sneaky about $5 fucking dollars.

I might just be super cranky this morning but his accusation really irked me.

Put up a GoFundMe to cover the $5 instead of calling out a member publicly. Is $5 worth losing a $400 sale?!
No, it's not the $5. It's him accusing me and all Canadians of being sneaky fucks.

All I ask for is terms up front. Not “well, try it several ways and it may cost more than you think I dunno”

I think it’s about the accusation of him/all Canadians being sneaks. (Ftr they are though ;))

I’m also confused. Doesn’t PayPal show you exactly what the fees will be, before you pay?

This is twice in a month a Canadian chipper “didn’t know how PayPal works” or that there were ever ANY fees, so I end up paying a surprise.
So pardon my generality, but it’s twice in a month.

Isn't there always a PayPal fee when sending money. A US to US PayPal transaction still has fees, right?
Nationally - G&S yes, F&F no. Always fees when sending to a foreign country IIRC, more when it’s a different currency, and even more when paying with a credit card over your balance or debit card.

PXL_20210625_125606727.jpg

What a fantastic morning. Slept well, had a good breakfast, and now enjoying a coffee...
Oh, and then there is this thread. :rolleyes:

Why is this even spilling over to the forum? Are there false accusations being made publicly somewhere? (wouldn't be the first time if there was.)

View attachment 726467

What a fantastic morning. Slept well, had a good breakfast, and now enjoying a coffee...
Oh, and then there is this thread. :rolleyes:

Why is this even spilling over to the forum? Are there false accusations being made publicly somewhere? (wouldn't be the first time if there was.)
You don't like a side of bullshit with your coffee?

This is twice in a month a Canadian chipper “didn’t know how PayPal works” or that there were ever ANY fees, so I end up paying a surprise.
So pardon my generality, but it’s twice in a month.
So you were aware that PayPal to Canada incurred fees?

If so, how was OP hiding it? Why not say beforehand, "Hey, there's gonna be a 1.5% PayPal fee, I'm not eating that. Will you reduce your price by $5?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom