Paypal Transfer Thread - Canadians (1 Viewer)

I can't help at the moment but here's what I've been doing lately to avoid the lousy PayPal rates.

I bank with TD Canada Trust, which has a subsidiary in the US called TD Bank. TD Canada Trust clients can open up a US chequing account with TD Bank, that lets you transfer funds to and from your Canadian account for no fees, at their exchange rate (which is way better than the PayPal rates). I then use the US account as my PayPal method instead of my Canadian account.

I can't help at the moment but here's what I've been doing lately to avoid the lousy PayPal rates.

I bank with TD Canada Trust, which has a subsidiary in the US called TD Bank. TD Canada Trust clients can open up a US chequing account with TD Bank, that lets you transfer funds to and from your Canadian account for no fees, at their exchange rate (which is way better than the PayPal rates). I then use the US account as my PayPal method instead of my Canadian account.

I was looking into that as I bank with TD as well. I think that's a smart route to take if I'm gonna splash around the classifieds.
So outside of exchange rates there isn't any other greasy Paypal fees using that tactic?

I was looking into that as I bank with TD as well. I think that's a smart route to take if I'm gonna splash around the classifieds.
So outside of exchange rates there isn't any other greasy Paypal fees using that tactic?
You don't get out of the $3 per transfer fee PayPal charges, but I think you can if you set up your PayPal account as a US-based account with a US address, because domestic transfers are free. I didn't do this tho, I just put my US bank account on my Canadian PayPal account

You don't get out of the $3 per transfer fee PayPal charges, but I think you can if you set up your PayPal account as a US-based account with a US address, because domestic transfers are free. I didn't do this tho, I just put my US bank account on my Canadian PayPal account
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

Canadians can also get US Dollar credit cards.

That way when you use pay pal linked to your US card (and opt out of converting currency with pay pal) everything stays in US dollars and there are no interchange fees / conversion fees).

You can then pay off you credit card with US dollars you may hold with your bank or in CDN $ but with preferred exchange rates. Plus credit cards also usually have some kind of purchase insurance if things go wrong.

US Dollar credit cards are also just great for those that travel to the US with any frequency.

That way when you use pay pal linked to your US card (and opt out of converting currency with pay pal) everything stays in US dollars and there are no interchange fees / conversion fees).

You can then pay off you credit card with US dollars you may hold with your bank or in CDN $ but with preferred exchange rates. Plus credit cards also usually have some kind of purchase insurance if things go wrong.

US Dollar credit cards are also just great for those that travel to the US with any frequency.
I thought about that, or I even though about putting it on my Canadian credit card, but PayPal doesn't let me use a credit card when I'm paying F&F to the US, only when it's within Canada or a G&S transaction

Link to recommended card? I am interested in this.

I thought about that, or I even though about putting it on my Canadian credit card, but PayPal doesn't let me use a credit card when I'm paying F&F to the US, only when it's within Canada or a G&S transaction
That's weird. I've had no problem using credit cards for F&F payments to the US...

Anyone with USD to sell on Paypal? I need about 1,100 USD.
I got some bucks for ya…not quite $1100
F43AB272-1B6D-478A-B2D9-76D5850E46E0.gif

Hello my fellow Canucks!

I am once again on the hunt for USD on Paypal.
Looking to etransfer for about $4.5k.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Need $500-800 USD on PayPal,

Will Etransfer. Any Canucks out there with some sweet USD!!??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom