Dinner Plans? (10 Viewers)

IMG_0815.JPG
IMG_0816.JPG

Still perfecting my burger skills. Homemade double quarter pounder.

I’ve found a hipster butcher that does their own special burger mince using a combo of chuck and brisket. All it needs is oil, salt and pepper and it’s the perfect patty.

Combo of cheddar and Monterey Jack and a sweet bbq sauce. The meat is a nice shade of pink in the middle. Perfection.

And don’t worry everyone else got pickles. I just like mine plain.
1E629215-05EF-45E8-A6B5-8DCD0B7A2A78.jpeg

Last edited:
This is America, go get that burger.

The Irony would be incredible if with your culinary talents, the reason you said you wanted a burger is that the classic cheeseburger is the one thing you haven't perfected.

I just ate a ton of wings, so I'm stuffed. It's just that @Perthmike's burger looks perfect.

I do have a killer burger, with par-cooked bacon added into the patty before cooking, but I'm not bold enough to say it's the best, and it's not "classic". The best classic burger is a somewhere at the end of a rainbow - a culinary treasure that I enjoy hunting down.

Speaking of wings, I've always gotten positive reviews from my oven fried wings.

Two dozen wings. Add 1 cup flour, couple grinds of salt and pepper and about a tbs of garlic powder in a gallon zip lock bag. Rinse and pat dry the wings, then toss them around in the bag until they are coated in flour. Melt a full stick of butter. Arrange the wings on a baking sheet (foil makes an easy cleanup) and brush half the butter over the wings. Flip them and brush the other half on. 425 for 30 minutes, flip them, then another 15. Toss them in whatever sauce you like or raw dog it if that's your thing. The skin is crispy and the meat falls off the bone. Really good.

I've heard good things about Slows.

Of course, Detroit isn't as competitive in the BBQ market, so by "Yankee" standards it may be fantastic, while by "Southern" standards it may just be good.

That said, word of Slows has reached this far south... so there must be something to their pig. :tup:

I've heard good things about Slows.

Of course, Detroit isn't as competitive in the BBQ market, so by "Yankee" standards it may be fantastic, while by "Southern" standards it may just be good.

That said, word of Slows has reached this far south... so there must be something to their pig. :tup:

It was the best Pulled Pork sandwich that I have ever had. The pork was fantastic. They didn't slather it in sauce to hide any possible flaws (I hate pulled pork that is drenched in sauce). The slaw was great. It had a nice tang to it. My experience with restaurant slaws is that it is usually bland and boring. The bun wasn't a buttery greasy mess.

The mac n cheese was really good. It was creamy. It had a great crust on it. I've had better, but not by much.

It was good enough that I would make a 40 minute trip to specifically eat there

It was the best Pulled Pork sandwich that I have ever had. The pork was fantastic. They didn't slather it in sauce to hide any possible flaws (I hate pulled pork that is drenched in sauce). The slaw was great. It had a nice tang to it. My experience with restaurant slaws is that it is usually bland and boring. The bun wasn't a buttery greasy mess.

The mac n cheese was really good. It was creamy. It had a great crust on it. I've had better, but not by much.

It was good enough that I would make a 40 minute trip to specifically eat there

Roadtrip during the Michigan Meet-up?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom