Dinner Plans? (7 Viewers)

I really need to acquire one of these. It would make my life so much easier.

My brother in law bought us one. At first I thought "I dont need this, I have a blender". Now I don't know how I would make big-batch items without it. It's also much easier to clean.

...and it costs less than a single buy-in

dinner is prepped

20181205_135748.jpg
20181205_140137.jpg
20181205_140058.jpg
154403899709092105090903415135.jpg

Smoked spicy cashews on the smoker for Christmas giving. Not dinner, but they are are soooo tasty!

86733430-262F-4540-8245-B5D8502DE75B.jpeg

Smoked Spicy Cashews
Ingredients

1. 6 cups unsalted cashews (2 lbs.)
2. 3 Tbsp olive oil
3. 2 Tbsp kosher salt (1 1⁄2 if using salted cashews)
4. 2 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper
5. 1 tsp smoked paprika
6. 1⁄2 tsp chili powder
7. 1 tsp granulated garlic
8. Juice from 1⁄2 fresh lime

Toss all ingredients in mixing bowl. Smoke on the upper rack at 200 deg for two hours. If doing a double batch, rotate pans at one hour.

Smoked spicy cashews on the smoker for Christmas giving. Not dinner, but they are are soooo tasty!

View attachment 225879

Smoked Spicy Cashews
Ingredients

2. 3 Tbsp olive oil
5. 1 tsp smoked paprika
6. 1⁄2 tsp chili powder

Toss all ingredients in mixing bowl. Smoke on the upper rack at 200 deg for two hours. If doing a double batch, rotate pans at one hour.
wife made dinner tonight

Ribs red beans and rice (highlight of the meal, fantastic), and brussel sprouts with a honey balsamic sauce.

View attachment 225880

I love balsamic Brussels and those cashews sound amazing!

Spicey tuna melt tonight for me..cheap and good ...experimenting with a new recipe - tuna, mayo, creole seasoning, celery seed, pickled jalapenos, mustard, and onion crisps with some shredded Mexican cheese on rye bread.

Pictures or
I do not drool
here you go...it's out of the fridge in the pan that it's been stewing for two days but it should give you an idea...There's a lot of spice in here not too much sweet though....I think next time I may try adding some dates for sweetness and see how it tastes.

View attachment 225879

Smoked Spicy Cashews
Ingredients

2. 3 Tbsp olive oil
5. 1 tsp smoked paprika
6. 1⁄2 tsp chili powder

Those sound interesing...Do you think you could get away using a regular grill if you didn't have a smoker ?

Attachments

• 20181211_224717.jpg
    20181211_224717.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 64
Spicey tuna melt tonight for me..cheap and good ...experimenting with a new recipe - tuna, mayo, creole seasoning, celery seed, pickled jalapenos, mustard, and onion crisps with some shredded Mexican cheese on rye bread.

Tuna melt turned out alright but I think I used too much creole seasoning as it was pretty salty...I think I like the combo of jalapeno and mustard together on tuna...The star of my dinner tonight was the aioli dip I made for the sweet potato fries...Very simple and it was delicious...It was mayo, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder...You can use real garlic instead of the powder but I was feeling lazy and it still turned out great

Sounds like you used a premade creole seasoning, like Tony Chachere's. 1 teaspoon is 60% of the USDA recommendation of sodium. Do yourself a favor and throw it out. Better yet, read the side of the can first. Then use the ingredients to make your own, minus the salt (you can add that to taste, as it would vary in each dish) and minus the sodium dioxide, because you don't need that - ever - when your spices are fresh.

Sounds like you used a premade creole seasoning, like Tony Chachere's. 1 teaspoon is 60% of the USDA recommendation of sodium. Do yourself a favor and throw it out. Better yet, read the side of the can first. Then use the ingredients to make your own, minus the salt (you can add that to taste, as it would vary in each dish) and minus the sodium dioxide, because you don't need that - ever - when your spices are fresh.
I used Zatarain's...It said 1/4 tsp was 11% for daily sodium intake...so 44% for 1 tsp...Still high...Yes I should just make my own you're right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom