Dinner Plans? (13 Viewers)

tuna steaks with ginger rice and a garlic lime aioli

20190121_173134.jpg

It was the best Pulled Pork sandwich that I have ever had. The pork was fantastic. They didn't slather it in sauce to hide any possible flaws (I hate pulled pork that is drenched in sauce). The slaw was great. It had a nice tang to it. My experience with restaurant slaws is that it is usually bland and boring. The bun wasn't a buttery greasy mess.

The mac n cheese was really good. It was creamy. It had a great crust on it. I've had better, but not by much.

It was good enough that I would make a 40 minute trip to specifically eat there
Been there a few times - all good & nice brew selection!

Speaking of wings, I've always gotten positive reviews from my oven fried wings.

Two dozen wings. Add 1 cup flour, couple grinds of salt and pepper and about a tbs of garlic powder in a gallon zip lock bag. Rinse and pat dry the wings, then toss them around in the bag until they are coated in flour. Melt a full stick of butter. Arrange the wings on a baking sheet (foil makes an easy cleanup) and brush half the butter over the wings. Flip them and brush the other half on. 425 for 30 minutes, flip them, then another 15. Toss them in whatever sauce you like or raw dog it if that's your thing. The skin is crispy and the meat falls off the bone. Really good.

Harry if you ever want to deep fry some wings I have one of those countertop units. It works fantastic. My wife makes me use it outside on the porch because "it makes our house smell like McDonalds"....as if that's a bad thing.

I do the same thing... I take the fryer out to the front porch to avoid waking up to the smell of grease the next morning. Also, aerosolized grease builds up over time on everything in the kitchen.

I even had an electrical outlet installed on the porch so I wouldn't have to run an extension cord out the front door.

@detroitdad and @Poker Zombie have inspired me with this thread, though I can’t cook fancy food and I’m a fussy eater so I tend to cook comfort foods.

I got in trouble with the wife this morning, because I didn’t put away the ironing board and clean up the sink before I went to work.

Nothing gets you off the hook like toad in the hole with mash potato, veggies and gravy on the side.

Wow, right in the neighborhood! Since you ay "we" I assume your wife will be with you, so an impromptu 3 handed game is out of the question... :whistle: :whistling:

This part of tomorrow's meal doesn't need to be started today, but I will because I don't think the flavor will diminish overnight - and that gives me a little more time tomorrow, and fewer dishes to clean Sunday morning.

Blue cheese dressing, from scratch (roquefort blue cheese is in the freezer at this point)

'

...and if you are like me, and look closely at people's photos, yes, that is a souvenir cup from the Mirage. Since we are not "souvenir cup" type people (we have a few, for when the niece and nephew are over) I'm a little baffled as to why we have this cup.

I am sure the story involves alcohol somehow... and a lot of it :unsure: :dead:

...and if you are like me, and look closely at people's photos, yes, that is a souvenir cup from the Mirage. Since we are not "souvenir cup" type people (we have a few, for when the niece and nephew are over) I'm a little baffled as to why we have this cup.

I am sure the story involves alcohol somehow... and a lot of it :unsure::dead:

As I recall.... you bought a LARGE beer to watch me finish my day as a Dolphin trainer.... it came in that cup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom