Dinner Plans? (11 Viewers)

And two days ago I may be toasted saffron pasta primavera.

20180825_172804.jpg
20180825_172235.jpg

2018-09-03 17.00.47.jpg

Sure, they just look like standard grilled ribs, with a wet sauce.

That BBQ sauce was 2 tomatoes a clove, of garlic, an onion, spices, sweeteners, vinegar and wine early in the morning. Cooked it down on the stove all afternoon (the kitchen smelled awesome).

I will never buy another bottle of BBQ sauce again, while tomatoes are in season.

Thinking ahead to Thanksgiving.

Anyone have any good vegetarian side dishes?

Vegetarian turkey substitutes?

I know, I know... Heresy.

Vegetarian or vegan?

I have quite a few vegetarian sides, but only a handful that are vegan.

I have no turkey substitutes.

I get my Kow Pad with steamed tofu at the Thai place by the office... It's not the tofu, but if I'm not eating turkey, I'm not replacing it with tofurkey.

I get my Kow Pad with steamed tofu at the Thai place by the office... It's not the tofu, but if I'm not eating turkey, I'm not replacing it with tofurkey.

Not tofurky, but there are some great Vietnamese and Thai tofu or soy protein dishes. I need my meat but if I had to eat vegetarian, it’s gotta be Asian.

Vegetarian sides...
2016-11-24 10.42.31.jpg

Acorn Squash Soup, with pumpkin oil

2016-11-24 18.53.13.jpg
Truffled Mash Potatoes, Honey-mint carrots, Spicy Green Bean Casserole (with homemade base, because the shit mushroom sauce in a can has such tiny mushrooms, it has no "bite" to satisfy the reluctant carnovoire.)

I can't help you with the main however. Though properly prepared tofu is good, like Roc, I find it works best in Asian dishes that already pack a lot of flavor.

@WedgeRock

Here is a Thai Red Curry Paste Chicken dish I made. You can really use any veggies that you want. I don't think the dish will lose anything subtracting the chicken. I also did a tofu version of it. Colleen liked it. I did not.

http://www.cookingbites.com/threads/thai-red-curry-chicken.12982/

Roasted carrots. Fantastic. Stuffing the carrots was a pain in the ass. Next time I'll just rough cut them and mix all the shit together. This was a hit with @Marc Hedrick and his lovely wife.

http://www.cookingbites.com/threads/moroccan-roasted-garlic-carrots.13210/

The rice dish that I served with the chicken and carrots was a saffron rice pilaf. Also pretty damn good!
20180718_173426.jpg
20180729_180643.jpg

Ok... too many pictures of BBQs and smokers going in here for me not to contribute. Technically, this will cover me and the family for a few dinners; however, I was able to answer the question of "how much meat can fit in my smoker at once".

SmokingDinner.jpg

(I'd say I was getting ready for an Ontario Meat-Up, but I haven't hosted a home game in close to a decade.)

Finally checked out this great thread. Some of you folks can put together some damn tasty looking plates of food.

Just witnessed the worst ever 2 semi-finals for the AFL GF next w/end (unless your a Pie or Eagles fan) while I'm doing ribs for the kids.
IMG_1046.JPG.jpeg

All you Texans out there and US citizens, sus out the Grand Final, you have a fine player playing for Collingwood, Mason Cox

Last edited:
Terrible photos of a half eaten burger :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:, but I’ve finally got something to contribute.
I’ve been working on my homemade burger game recently. I’m all about the traditional cheeseburger but with a slice of bacon, but I made one for the wife with a mushroom bun and some avocado and pickles.
89599602-FC61-490E-8251-5C080F8D8243.jpeg

D29FAEDD-734F-4A8D-9C41-A4F44B444EF1.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom