Home games with limited parking (1 Viewer)

Danny_Banana

High Hand
Supporter
Reaction score
This hasn't happened to me yet, but it is well within the realm of possibility. I have fairly limited parking, so as my home game grows, this may become an issue. What I was thinking was to have everyone meet up in the parking lot of a nearby outlet mall, and car pool from there to my house. I'm not sure how receptive everyone would be, and unsure of the logistics of late arrivals and such. Plus the potential of it eating into game time. Has anyone else had this sort of issue? If so, what solution did you come up with?

Are you in a Condo? required to sign in guests and give them parking passes? This is a hastle, having others meet up down the road then drive on to your place is one solution. The other is to inquire about booking an event and parking options for same with your board of directors. Its possible you could get permission to have X number of cars on a certain night of the month for your "bible study group".

Inspired Blues Brothers GIF

I'm in a house, but I have a relatively small driveway with room for two cars max. My guests beyond that usually park on the street, but it would eventually get to the point where all my surrounding neighbors would have MY guests parked in front of their houses.

I'm in a house, but I have a relatively small driveway with room for two cars max. My guests beyond that usually park on the street, but it would eventually get to the point where all my surrounding neighbors would have MY guests parked in front of their houses.

We do this at one of the home games I go to. Tournament nights is 3 tables so his whole culdesac is full of cars are both sides making the street only oneway since only 1 car can fit. But no problems or complaints from neighbors. Mostly bc game is at night so it’s not like people are still coming home and have trouble parking.

The other game I go to is townhomes and the parking is very limited. The street parking is already full before the game starts. I usually arrive late so I park in the neighborhood across the street. It’s about 1/5th mile away. But I just have a small cigar on the walk. Lol

There was a illigal poker club in Warsaw.
One night police took registrations of all the cards parked near buy. They were all called for questioning in regard of illigal gambling .
For some mysterious reasons they never hit the Club although they clearly knew where it was located.

We do this at one of the home games I go to. Tournament nights is 3 tables so his whole culdesac is full of cars are both sides making the street only oneway since only 1 car can fit. But no problems or complaints from neighbors. Mostly bc game is at night so it’s not like people are still coming home and have trouble parking.

The other game I go to is townhomes and the parking is very limited. The street parking is already full before the game starts. I usually arrive late so I park in the neighborhood across the street. It’s about 1/5th mile away. But I just have a small cigar on the walk. Lol

I might just keep up the street parking until I get complaints then lol.

There was a illigal poker club in Warsaw.
One night police took registrations of all the cards parked near buy. They were all called for questioning in regard of illigal gambling .
For some mysterious reasons they never hit the Club although they clearly knew where it was located.

Luckily I don't have to worry about that since Missouri has a friendly home game exception.

I have played in several games where parking is limited. Most people would prefer to walk a few blocks and find street parking than have to arrange ride sharing to/from a local parking lot. For a good game players will do what they need to do to be there.

Last edited:
I have played in several games where parking is limited. Lost people would prefer to walk a few blocks and find street parking than have to arrange ride sharing to/from a local parking lot. For a good game players will do what they need to do to be there.
^ unless your street parking is very toll friendly I think most people would prefer this.

This hasn't happened to me yet, but it is well within the realm of possibility. I have fairly limited parking, so as my home game grows, this may become an issue. What I was thinking was to have everyone meet up in the parking lot of a nearby outlet mall, and car pool from there to my house. I'm not sure how receptive everyone would be, and unsure of the logistics of late arrivals and such. Plus the potential of it eating into game time. Has anyone else had this sort of issue? If so, what solution did you come up with?

I think a problem with a shuttle or the like would arise from people leaving the game, as opposed to arriving. Players rarely bust out simultaneously, so they’d have to wait around to be shuttled back to the parking location.

My home is in a congested Athens suburb.
Players know that they either have to pool in private cars (for arriving) or call a cab anyway.
BTW, that's why I can't take all of their money whenever I 'm on a winning streak. They have to keep 20-30E for the cab :)

I played at @ArielVer18 ’s game once. Parking was very limited and apparently after midnight the property aggressively tows cars out of “guest” spots. I do have to say it’s hard for that not to weigh on a decision to play there in the future.

How far away is the mall? Not walking distance? Is overnight parking allowed there? You can free up a few spots by parking all your cars there.

My cul de sac only has four guest parking spots and no parking allowed between 12am and 6am. There’s a much larger parking lot one minute walk away, but even a one minute walk is an annoyance.

That larger parking lot is permitted, but not enforced on weekends, so I only host weekend games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom