Daniel Negreanu vs Doug Polk (2 Viewers)

Who will win the heads up match?

• Total voters
Lonnnnng way to go still boys and girls. Unless one player was up a couple dozen buy-ins ($1M) already, either side can easily pull this out. Doug crushed, Daniel is crushing now, it really could be a pendulum swinging back and forth.

The hilarious thing would be that they finish the challenge with one side up not even a single buy-in after it's all said and done. Would have to give props to Daniel either way should a close result occur.

Lonnnnng way to go still boys and girls. Unless one player was up a couple dozen buy-ins ($1M) already, either side can easily pull this out. Doug crushed, Daniel is crushing now, it really could be a pendulum swinging back and forth.

The hilarious thing would be that they finish the challenge with one side up not even a single buy-in after it's all said and done. Would have to give props to Daniel either way should a close result occur.
Anything but clear win would be very embarrassing for Doug.

I think Daniel is playing way better than expected but I still think Doug will crush him over 25k hands. I would love to be proven wrong though. A really exciting match so far. I hope gg poker keeps bringing in kakitee as analyst/commentator. He’s both knowledgeable and funny imo

Anything but clear win would be very embarrassing for Doug.

I think Daniel is playing way better than expected but I still think Doug will crush him over 25k hands. I would love to be proven wrong though. A really exciting match so far. I hope gg poker keeps bringing in kakitee as analyst/commentator. He’s both knowledgeable and funny imo
That you for the spelling. I’ve been trying to google this guy. I like him too. Although he does come across as a little bit douchey, seeming at times condescending toward Daniel’s game. I guess you want a guy with his perspective (I mean I assume he’s an online, heads-up crusher,) but I refuse to concede that there’s only one way to skin a cat here, even in a game that’s purportedly solved.

Dnegs is playing suboptimal pre ranges, seemingly in an attempt to level the postflop playing field. (Get the game tree notably different than the one Doug has experience with and prepared for)

He’s already flatted an open with both QQ and AKo

Dnegs is playing suboptimal pre ranges, seemingly in an attempt to level the postflop playing field. (Get the game tree notably different than the one Doug has experience with and prepared for)

He’s already flatted an open with both QQ and AKo

Are you somehow suggesting that players ADJUST to their opponents?!

Sometimes it feels like watching poker coverage requires learning a new language (i.e. “c” bets, etc...).

What does “flatted an open” mean? That he checked/called instead of raised in that position?

Sometimes it feels like watching poker coverage requires learning a new language (i.e. “c” bets, etc...).

What does “flatted an open” mean? That he checked/called instead of raised in that position?

Dnegs as BB called the D/SB preflop raise (“open”) instead of reraising

That you for the spelling. I’ve been trying to google this guy. I like him too. Although he does come across as a little bit douchey, seeming at times condescending toward Daniel’s game. I guess you want a guy with his perspective (I mean I assume he’s an online, heads-up crusher,) but I refuse to concede that there’s only one way to skin a cat here, even in a game that’s purportedly solved.
That’s what I like about him. He says it as he sees it and doesn’t suger coat anything. He thinks Daniel is a fish in this game so he says so. He’s certainly not a Doug fan though. And I think he’s more like a 6-max crusher but still brings a lot of interesting commentary to the table.

Just to keep score, after 3422 hands Daniel is ahead $179k.
They're playing $200/$400 right? A separation of 1/8th of a BB per hand is a lead, but far from definitive. I haven't followed the online action, but I am interested to see how close it finishes.

I definitely think that Polk is the better HU NLHE online player by a mile, but this is heads up poker which means playing to your opponent is huge. Obviously, DNegs is great at adjusting to his opponent's game. He's proven that a million times throughout his career. So when Polk says things like this...

DNegs is playing preflop strategy so insane that it has to be one of two things 1) He has found the holy grail of preflop solutions unknown to any top hunl players on the planet 2) He's playing bad I'd say time will tell but maybe it already is

...he just comes off as such a douche. Maybe DNegs is simply adjusting to your play style Doug? Ever think of that? Obviously not because watching his vlogs Polk knows everything about everything clearly.

I definitely think that Polk is the better HU NLHE online player by a mile, but this is heads up poker which means playing to your opponent is huge. Obviously, DNegs is great at adjusting to his opponent's game. He's proven that a million times throughout his career. So when Polk says things like this...

...he just comes off as such a douche. Maybe DNegs is simply adjusting to your play style Doug? Ever think of that? Obviously not because watching his vlogs Polk knows everything about everything clearly.
“The holy grail of preflop solutions” might be part of the problem, or at least I’d like to think so. Because I feel like guys like Doug and all the contemporary GTO guys view this as a problem, with a solution.
Maybe it’s just a game. Maybe Daniel is just playing poker.

Loathe as I am to admit it, Daniel is far surpassing how I thought he'd do thus far. I am not panicking for Doug as of yet but there is something to be said here. Daniel's play so far is loosely akin to Rocky and Clubber Lang in the rematch. Daniel is really rolling with the punches Doug is throwing. Doug tires out by bombing pots with bluffs and Daniel is picking them off at times. Daniel does the same to Doug as well, but Doug has a way larger propensity to do so given his background and approach to the game.

As for Daniel? He's always been the small ball player. Even in heads-up he's imposing that onto the match which gives rise to Doug's annoyance tweets of flatting QQ and AKo preflop. Maybe Doug's tweets are some Nth levelling to get Daniel to veer from his style, but that's not going to happen.

“The holy grail of preflop solutions” might be part of the problem, or at least I’d like to think so. Because I feel like guys like Doug and all the contemporary GTO guys view this as a problem, with a solution.
John Nash basically said that a prefect strategy only works vs perfect opponents. Playing imperfect poker will bust a perfect strategy. Keeping the target moving makes it much harder for even a dashboard program to determine what you are holding.

I think Daniel knows that. I also hope Doug learns that, and rediscovers a love for poker.

Like I said before. Feel free to scroll back. Anyone who want me to DM me I’m STILL taking bets. Read my feedback and bet with confidence. This polk kid (ya he’s a baby irl) should of stuck to editing his “winning session” videos and fake news career. He’s a fake who’s only been playing with other people’s money. DNEGS is a master poker player. Go ahead, read that again. Master poker player. He does not edit videos of his best “online” sessions. He just crushes souls.

Money>MOUTH (DM ME)=Ship It

Like I said before. Feel free to scroll back. Anyone who want me to DM me I’m STILL taking bets. Read my feedback and bet with confidence. This polk kid (ya he’s a baby irl) should of stuck to editing his “winning session” videos and fake news career. He’s a fake who’s only been playing with other people’s money. DNEGS is a master poker player. Go ahead, read that again. Master poker player. He does not edit videos of his best “online” sessions. He just crushes souls.

So if Dnegs is such a goat you’ll take bets at even odds? :)

So if Dnegs is such a goat you’ll take bets at even odds? :)

What are you offering?

Well if anyone wants to take Dnegs I'll take action at 4:1 on Polk or a bit more maybe :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom