Custom Design Feedback Wanted (1 Viewer)

B.C.

Straight
Reaction score
Starting work on a possible new set of customs. This set is going to be based on the initials of my kids and have an African Animal Theme:

G&C's Card Club
Home of The Big Game
(or something like that)

Denoms will be: $1, $5, $25, $100 & $500 and based around the following animals:

$1 Elephant or Rhino
$5 Lion
$25 Crocodile
$100 Gorilla
$500 Hippo

Looking for thoughts on the 1st draft mock-up i.e. chip color to match the suggested animals and open to any suggestions/mock-ups you have relating to edge spots/progression. Also open to other animal suggestions better color matches?

download_zps26fzge5c.png

Was originally going to base this around the big 5 but all very similar in color hence the Croc and Gorilla. It's hard to use different colors when all the animals are gray and shades of brown etc (see purple Hippo!). Once the colors and spots are done J5 will be getting an email for design.

Mold options are not set but the FDL is definitely a choice due to inlay size - approx 8 words in the theme as well as artwork. Other options are the B mold (my initial) and maybe A mold if 44mm are available for the $100 and ^ chips.

Obviously wanted E&C but don't mention that or I may punch the monitor.

Thanks.

Great theme. The starting colors are quite near the colors of savannah. The change I would think about, is to change the lavender to maybe some orange colorish chip.
That is to emulate the sunset of savannah. Or blue'ish like the sky in Africa. In that latter case one might think of changing the edgespot colors of that hundo out of blue.

Hey BC,

Can really see elephant for the grey, trunk and ears - nice one. Would be great to have 312 for the ears and 314 for the trunk ;-).
Seeing as the Lion is the King of the Jungle, perhaps a more fitting spot pattern. I like the colours, but think his mane needs to be bushier. Perhaps the 6D18 might work there.
I really like the 1/4 Pie 3C and saw the hippo straight away, but the inlay may change that look.
Maybe some white in the crocodile for his teeth.
Good luck mate.

Love the concept. Hard to see where it will head without more ideas what the inlay will be like. If you are using photo inlays (aka detroitdads sunset theme.) you could be more liberal with your chip colors and have them match the environment and not the animal.

On the chips. You could free up grey by making the $1 white (white Rhino)
You could also make the $500 pink (flamingo)

I'll have a play around and post some different options if you like.

You could replace the lavender by a "red / sunset on the savannah" chip on the original set so the savannah would become a character in itself...

Very nice! I like the current colors and progression. Agree on the $25 maybe sub green with bright white. Could also try light blue on the hundo.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Will probably move on to the inlay and post back when it's done. Theme will definitely affect the finals decisions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom