Custom cloths (3 Viewers)

Might be a case of my brain just wanting something that can't be obtained but having compared the old and new fabric, I love the old one. New one feels more "scratchy" for the lack of a better word. Cards slide beautifully though.
I actually like the new cloth better. The old cloth was nice but had more of a satin feel.

here is my review after playing on the felt for couple months
1st impressions looks very clean and bold
2nd Feel to me its not what i am used to playing in different poker rooms im used to more of a felt feel
This cloth feels like a silky pantyhose will say Cards Do Fly and it feels really good my only concern is material possible snagging from finger nails my wife was playing and went to scoop pot and I heard her nails running across material I can’t lie I panicked lol cuz I thought her nail snagged
Overall although different from what Im Used to playing on I will say Tony is awesome to do business with from start to the finish product here are couple pics of my custom felt think the saying is fitting SCARED MONEY DON’T make money

Attachments

• 4F5F8B66-E4FA-4CA9-B03D-D5FA0F9EC342.jpeg
    4F5F8B66-E4FA-4CA9-B03D-D5FA0F9EC342.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 52E5CF70-CD54-4656-9DFC-39341D1063F8.jpeg
    52E5CF70-CD54-4656-9DFC-39341D1063F8.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 351
  • FC6B4441-2A9B-4065-B069-1DF68E5C4AE5.jpeg
    FC6B4441-2A9B-4065-B069-1DF68E5C4AE5.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 356
I just wanted to pop in here and say how awesome Chanman’s gaming suede is again (I have the older version fwiw). Not only do the feel, playability and looks kick ass but the quality is unreal. Just this past Friday I had an Oh Shit moment. I looked down at the table in front of me and saw a spot of blood (about dime size) that came from a little slice I had on my thumb. I ran upstairs and grabbed a damp cloth and voila...came right up and there is no sign of any harm. I have a tan colored table so this was very scary to see but I am very impressed with the results. :tup:

So is a PM on here the best method to contact Chanman about a custom felt? I sent one I just didn't know if his website was a better choice.

Also I'm not 100 percent certain I wanna go the custom felt route but if so can anyone point me in the direction of someone who is good the designing process? I have access to Photoshop and Illustrator but I'm not great with using them.
Thanks!

So is a PM on here the best method to contact Chanman about a custom felt? I sent one I just didn't know if his website was a better choice.

Also I'm not 100 percent certain I wanna go the custom felt route but if so can anyone point me in the direction of someone who is good the designing process? I have access to Photoshop and Illustrator but I'm not great with using them.
Thanks!
@T_Chan does design work and is a pleasure to work with, speaking from experience.

@T_Chan does design work and is a pleasure to work with, speaking from experience.
I might end up going that route I just wanted to play around a little myself to maybe get the ball rolling. Just to make the process a little quicker maybe. I have no doubt Chanman can come up with some sweet designs I've seen plenty on here lol.

I also love the retro look. It's classy and clean looking. Not too busy or distracting. Great job all around.
Care to share more information about the design?
It's probably earlier in the thread and I skipped it. Let me go back and read a little lol.

I wish I could say it was an original idea, but it was definitely inspired by a restaurant sign I saw. I started with the Doctor's Lounge idea and did an internet search. I came across a sign I liked for a defunct bar in San Francisco:

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 2.55.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 1.32.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 1.39.07 PM.png

I reworked the vertical image to fit a horizontal table design and added a beer chalice, then @T_Chan worked his magic and viola:

IMG_5647.jpg

Artboard 9.png

Just wondering how the custom clothes hold up over time? Any fading? I built a table and we played maybe 20 times on a SSC style felt and I’m already starting to see some wear on it.

Just wondering how the custom clothes hold up over time? Any fading? I built a table and we played maybe 20 times on a SSC style felt and I’m already starting to see some wear on it.
They hold up very well - 4 years of playing 2-3x per month and no wear or fading to mention. Dirty as all get out - but a wash cycle fixed that.

what do you mean by wash cycle? Do you disassemble the table and put it in the wash? Lol
Yes. I had an unfortunate mold outbreak, probably caused by an unknown spilt beer, and I store my tables facing each other. So mold in both felts. Took them off, washed them. Mold didn't come out - so I took bleach and baking soda with a toothbrush to them. Worked like a champ. The wash cycle brought them back to their vibrant colors, like the day I got them.

Yep, and a LOT fewer Staples. Like 12.
^^^This^^^ I used to use way too many staples. No longer.

I delivered and installed appliances back in the '70's while I was going to school. The gentleman I worked for told me to do each job as if I would be the next person that would need to work on it. I sometimes forget this but it is sage advice.

Advice for someone who has never designed much online but wants to design their own cloth for table builds?
(I have minimal computer design experience)

Yes any custom cloth order includes 2 hours of design

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom