Custom cloths (4 Viewers)

Oh, man. Was looking in here last night.

I do not need a custom felt for the table.
You 100% need a custom felt on the table.
I do not need a custom felt for this table.

Wait...what?

can you order smaller felts or do you just do one size? I’d need a 78x30” for an insert.

Wait...what?

can you order smaller felts or do you just do one size? I’d need a 78x30” for an insert.
Not only can he do it custom sized. He can do a custom craps layout too ;)

Not only can he do it custom sized. He can do a custom craps layout too ;)
Yeah... my craps table is taken down and stored away in the basement. My son decided to take up drums and with the lack of use, was beginning to become the greatest kitty-condo ever made. Little bastards kept creeping inside and sleeping.

Yeah... my craps table is taken down and stored away in the basement. My son decided to take up drums and with the lack of use, was beginning to become the greatest kitty-condo ever made. Little bastards kept creeping inside and sleeping.
So, what I read from that is, that it would be easier to put a new layout down on it at this time, since it is taken down. ;)

It's craps! The layout needs to be changed up every so often because of the nicks from the dice :D

No, I was just meaning that bets in roulette are often little towers, placed in very specific areas. I wouldn't want them to glide anywhere if the table gets bumped, or even if someone was reaching and hits a bet.

Well, so far no problems on Tony's table during play. But will do some tests eventually.

Wait...what?

Yeah any size up to 60" wide. The price of $225 USD includes any size up to 8' long. And for anyone else who's wondering, no 8' isn't the max, my fabric comes on an 80 meter roll, so I can print any length, it's just extra cost.

Wow. Just wow. Incredible the level of fine detail you can get to print on these felts. Nice!!

Not to push anyone off the fence, but.....

When I was talking about the level of detail you can get from a high-res image, & in case you may have thought I was exaggerating....

EagleGraphic.JPG

(close-up of central graphic)​

Click on this link & view it full size if you want. (2400x1560 pixels): http://dix.50webs.com/mepoker/table/eagle.jpg

Judging from Tony's description of the new felts, I'm guessing this was done on the smooth side of the "Home Game" grade.

Also, I erroneously stated previously that this was a 600dpi image. The original was actually 300dpi. At 300dpi it worked out to 12.6" x 8.5". Tony printed it at a resolution that gave a size of 17-1/2" x 11-3/4" (approx. 215px/in).

I actually had to buy this image to be able to use it & it was totally worth the 10 bucks I paid for the rights.

Last edited:
Not to push anyone off the fence, but.....

When I was talking about the level of detail you can get from a high-res image, & in case you may have thought I was exaggerating....

View attachment 587046
(close-up of central graphic)​

Click on this link & view it full size if you want. (2400x1560 pixels): http://dix.50webs.com/mepoker/table/eagle.jpg

Judging from Tony's description of the new felts, I'm guessing this was done on the smooth side of the "Home Game" grade.

Also, I erroneously stated previously that this was a 600dpi image. The original was actually 300dpi. At 300dpi it worked out to 12.6" x 8.5". Tony printed it at a resolution that gave a size of 17-1/2" x 11-3/4" (approx. 215px/in).

I actually had to buy this image to be able to use it & it was totally worth the 10 bucks I paid for the rights.
That an awesome photo and heck of detail. Mine is going to be more plain, wife does not approve of too much busy work as she calls it on the felt lol. It is amazing what Tony's' investment in technology is able to create!

What is the average amount of time it takes to have custom felt designed?

It depends on the design you want. Every order comes with 2 hours of artwork included, so technically it could take just 2 hours to get the artwork finalized. Then it's up to 10 business days to get it printed, then shipping. I'm in Canada so shipping to the USA takes a bit longer.

Realistically though, the artwork process takes about 1-2 weeks, again depends on how complex and how busy me and my designer are.

Also, the vast majority of designs are done within the 2 hours.

It depends on the design you want. Every order comes with 2 hours of artwork included, so technically it could take just 2 hours to get the artwork finalized. Then it's up to 10 business days to get it printed, then shipping. I'm in Canada so shipping to the USA takes a bit longer.

Realistically though, the artwork process takes about 1-2 weeks, again depends on how complex and how busy me and my designer are.

Also, the vast majority of designs are done within the 2 hours.
I am assuming it is better to have some sort of sketch or plan to make things go quicker correct?

I am assuming it is better to have some sort of sketch or plan to make things go quicker correct?
The more of the design process you can do, the easier Tony's end of the job becomes (in other words, the less work he has to do & the faster he can get it to the printer & out of the design phase). Which can go a long way to keeping you within the 2 hour time-frame.

All the graphics for my design I already had converted to a format he could use (.eps) in Adobe Illustrator. I also mocked up the design in an old version of Google Sketchup (which can be had free & is also a program he has) so he already had the design and the layout. Then all he needed to do was import, resize, & place the various graphics pieces into AI per the measurements generated by Sketchup. One minor adjustment & it was off to the printer.

Here's a screenshot of my mock-up in Sketchup....

Table Sketch3b.png

Maybe I should turn this into it's own detailed topic sometime on how I created it for anyone with the ambition.

The more of the design process you can do, the easier Tony's end of the job becomes (in other words, the less work he has to do & the faster he can get it to the printer & out of the design phase). Which can go a long way to keeping you within the 2 hour time-frame.

All the graphics for my design I already had converted to a format he could use (.eps) in Adobe Illustrator. I also mocked up the design in an old version of Google Sketchup (which can be had free & is also a program he has) so he already had the design and the layout. Then all he needed to do was import, resize, & place the various graphics pieces into AI per the measurements generated by Sketchup. One minor adjustment & it was off to the printer.

Here's a screenshot of my mock-up in Sketchup....

Maybe I should turn this into it's own detailed topic sometime on how I created it for anyone with the ambition.
that would be awesome if you turned it into its own thread! I know for my next table i want a custom cloth, just want to be able to sketch ideas and see what I like better.

that would be awesome if you turned it into its own thread! I know for my next table i want a custom cloth, just want to be able to sketch ideas and see what I like better.
Yea, I probably should do that. In the meantime, if you'd like to get familiar with the tools I use, you need a couple things....

An image/graphics converter/editor/creator program. I use Paint Shop Pro. Older versions of which can be had on eBay for as little as 5 bucks. Or, a program called Gimp is free & very similar. This will let you convert images/graphics to a format Tony can use (.eps or .psd), as well as let you design your own graphics such as lettering, etc.

For the layout, Google Sketchup Make 2017 is free to use, but you need a 64-bit machine. If you have a 32-bit machine (or like me you prefer older less bloated versions of some programs) OldVersion.com has older versions up through v8.

I did the layout above in Sketchup for Tony to use as a guide in doing the final layout in AI, I edited/converted the graphics in that layout in PaintShop Pro. & also created the letting as a graphic in PSP. (could also be done with Gimp)

Yea, I probably should do that. In the meantime, if you'd like to get familiar with the tools I use, you need a couple things....

An image/graphics converter/editor/creator program. I use Paint Shop Pro. Older versions of which can be had on eBay for as little as 5 bucks. Or, a program called Gimp is free & very similar. This will let you convert images/graphics to a format Tony can use (.eps or .psd), as well as let you design your own graphics such as lettering, etc.

For the layout, Google Sketchup Make 2017 is free to use, but you need a 64-bit machine. If you have a 32-bit machine (or like me you prefer older less bloated versions of some programs) OldVersion.com has older versions up through v8.

I did the layout above in Sketchup for Tony to use as a guide in doing the final layout in AI, I edited/converted the graphics in that layout in PaintShop Pro. & also created the letting as a graphic in PSP. (could also be done with Gimp)
I will look into sketchup- only thing i am not certain about is my machine is 64 or 32 but i am sure i can look into the system i have and find out

I believe that Sketch also has a web based version you can use.

Dix's design that he provided with the layout made the process go very smoothly, which I'm very grateful for to save time. But I can work with just about anything.

A few recent examples:

"logo1 one would be burgundy outer with a bet line like the picture but make the flame part all the way around as the bet line, then if possible, to make the whole inside of the bet line the same as background behind the logo... the felt size is, visible part of felt is 64x36"
logo1felt.jpg
Logo 1.jpg

1 hour of design produced this:
Screenshot 2020-12-11 12.01.44.png

Another example:
IMG_20201117_174626.jpg

2 hours (maxed provided time) produced this:

Screenshot 2020-12-11 12.05.01.png

Ok, one day i want a HSI replica table, would i be allowed to use their logo and text and colours etc for a custom cloth? I didnt think it would be a problem come the day seeing as folks make inlays and buttons etc :)

Ok, one day i want a HSI replica table, would i be allowed to use their logo and text and colours etc for a custom cloth? I didnt think it would be a problem come the day seeing as folks make inlays and buttons etc :)
Pretty sure you’de be okay because it’s for personal use.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom