Custom artwork. US/CAN CARDS MOLD 2: The Quickening!! (3 Viewers)

I personally think it would be much more manageable to do smaller self run splinter regional groups of 10k chips where there is a good price break at that point. It is also just a massively more manageable, efficient, and speedy undertaking.
+1 :tup:

Last edited:
I’ll throw my hat into the ring with my Jockey Club set
A7208507-33C3-4114-AD47-E8222C2DEB99.png

Special thanks to @p5woody for the artwork, amazing work!!
I figured it out. Something was throwing me- all the chips have spots with 2 colors, save the T1000. Given that the T1000 should be the... workhorse... near the end of the tournament- wondering if it has enough ooomph to it, given the wonderful color combos of the chips before?

I figured it out. Something was throwing me- all the chips have spots with 2 colors, save the T1000. Given that the T1000 should be the... workhorse... near the end of the tournament- wondering if it has enough ooomph to it, given the wonderful color combos of the chips before?
Agreed. Keep the half moons, but use three different colors.

That’s what it is on currently, was also thinking the jockey mold
Right, this is a thread for a future group buy on ceramics with the cards mold. I’m suggesting you stay strong and stay clay horse head (or jockey).

We need to get a horse racing and bourbon themed Kentucky design.
I love Bourbon! One of my favorites is Blanton's which has the horse/jockey on the top. If you're familiar with it the horses are in different positions and by the foot it there is a letter that spells out BLANTONS so you can put it in a display.

1603984622859.png

I love Bourbon! One of my favorites is Blanton's which has the horse/jockey on the top. If you're familiar with it the horses are in different positions and by the foot it there is a letter that spells out BLANTONS so you can put it in a display.

View attachment 563875
One of my sons is a bartender and he recently completed the whole collection. If I remember correctly, he sent them all in to the distillery, and they mounted them for him. It was either free or a very nominal cost. I'll ask him and get back to you.

View attachment 563875
I love blantons. If you cut the cork off they make a hell of a card capper too.

I miss the days before the bourbon boom when I could go to any liquor store in town and buy any premium bourbon I wanted and leave with all my limbs and organs.

View attachment 563875
Isn’t that one of the sacred relics that Brother Maynard keeps?

I'm also a recent PCF member and missed the last group buy. It looks great and I would like to participate in this second round once it gets committed.
I would be in for around 1200 chips. My worry is the artwork, that is not my area. Does somebody on the forum know what tool is needed to create/edit the artwork or know somebody that will do it as a service?

I'm also a recent PCF member and missed the last group buy. It looks great and I would like to participate in this second round once it gets committed.
I would be in for around 1200 chips. My worry is the artwork, that is not my area. Does somebody on the forum know what tool is needed to create/edit the artwork or know somebody that will do it as a service?
There is a list of designers for hire in this post:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/custom-cut-card-group-buy-round-8.63991/

I'm late to the party and would like to confirm what I suspect to be the case.

1-All the price limitations/plateaus are the same as the last buy?
2-Edges are aligned (and spots are split!!!)
3-Smooth (no mold) is available at same price point(s)
4-The finish on the No Mold is the same textured finish that I can see on some of the Cards Mold chips from the first buy?
5-First buy info says No Mold has recess of 25.8mm - so art must be what size (max)?

I'm late to the party and would like to confirm what I suspect to be the case.

1-All the price limitations/plateaus are the same as the last buy?
2-Edges are aligned (and spots are split!!!)
3-Smooth (no mold) is available at same price point(s)
4-The finish on the No Mold is the same textured finish that I can see on some of the Cards Mold chips from the first buy?
5-First buy info says No Mold has recess of 25.8mm - so art must be what size (max)?
1. We can only assume until we actually begin to discuss an order with the manufacturer.
2. Yes to aligned edges. Don't know what you mean by split spots.
3. no mold (43mm) was 1 cent more than cards mold
4. no mold has two finishes - textured or smooth. I bought textured. The previous scrub Donkeys were also textured. Not sure on cards mold, but I think also textured.
5. No mold has no recess. Cards mold recess is 25.8. I first submitted my inlay artwork at 22mm. Too much space between art and imprinted circle. Had my designer expand it to 24mm. See photo below. Top chip is 22mm. The rest are the revised 24mm inlay. Bounty chips in 2nd photo are 43mm no mold.

T25 increase inlay size.jpg

Texas Flood splash.jpg

1. We can only assume until we actually begin to discuss an order with the manufacturer.
2. Yes to aligned edges. Don't know what you mean by split spots.
3. no mold (43mm) was 1 cent more than cards mold
4. no mold has two finishes - textured or smooth. I bought textured. The previous scrub Donkeys were also textured. Not sure on cards mold, but I think also textured.
5. No mold has no recess. Cards mold recess is 25.8. I first submitted my inlay artwork at 22mm. Too much space between art and imprinted circle. Had my designer expand it to 24mm. See photo below. Top chip is 22mm. The rest are the revised 24mm inlay. Bounty chips in 2nd photo are 43mm no mold.
2. Split spots are an artefact of the hand made compressed clay chip process. After the spots have been inserted, when the chips come under pressure, the rolling edge will often not look perfect, the clay of the insert will squirt a little to one side or show a wedge shape. Picture stolen from @FDLmold :

b2d212f83c3dcb4687a17ebcb6600930.png

4. Texture; I want this surface (same source):

7d3e1bb76bf22d05a5bcb62002e27d11.png

5. Recess; B.b.b.b.ut, OP of first NAGB thread (picture stolen from @SeanGecko ):

cb4b50491c06ca29f9d3342349360f10.png

2. Split spots are an artefact of the hand made compressed clay chip process. After the spots have been inserted, when the chips come under pressure, the rolling edge will often not look perfect, the clay of the insert will squirt a little to one side or show a wedge shape. Picture stolen from @FDLmold :

b2d212f83c3dcb4687a17ebcb6600930.png

4. Texture; I want this surface (same source):

7d3e1bb76bf22d05a5bcb62002e27d11.png

5. Recess; B.b.b.b.ut, OP of first NAGB thread (picture stolen from @SeanGecko ):

cb4b50491c06ca29f9d3342349360f10.png

2. that compression artifact was done by FDLmold’s designer when creating the artwork to make a more realistic spot. It doesn’t have to do with the printing of these chips.

4. & 5. That last chip that you are referring to cannot be printed if I am not mistaken. Bosco tried to have it done and the printing didn’t work. The true no mold chip is like a purely blank slug with no indentation. Different chips either have smooth or textured finish available.

* There is currently NO group buy #2 planned.

Last edited:
2. that compression artifact was done by FDLmold’s designer when creating the artwork to make a more realistic spot. It doesn’t have to do with the printing of these chips.

4. & 5. That last chip that you are referring to cannot be printed if I am not mistaken. Bosco tried to have it down and the printing didn’t work. The true no mold chip is like a purely blank slug with no indentation. Different chips either have smooth or textured finish available.

* There is currently NO group buy #2 planned.
Thanks. I figured the split spots were done intentionally, I just wanted to make sure they were available (included in price).

No printing and no order are a bummer though.

Thanks. I figured the split spots were done intentionally, I just wanted to make sure they were available (included in price).

No printing and no order are a bummer though.

I am just saying that is not the “no mold” chip pictured. I think that is “plain mold” maybe. But there is a blank chip without any mold that you can use if I am not mistaken.

And for what it’s worth Tina is making half of the color sample chips with smooth finish and half with texturd. Although she calls the cards mold finish “smooth” finish.

I am just saying that is not the “no mold” chip pictured. I think that is “plain mold” maybe. But there is a blank chip without any mold that you can use if I am not mistaken.

And for what it’s worth Tina is making half of the color sample chips with smooth finish and half with texturd. Although she calls the cards mold finish “smooth” finish.
Whatever it's called, I would want the recessed or outlined plain mold. In other words, I'd want the hybrid, not the ceramic - printed. If that makes sense.

So that China club nickel would be considered smooth?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom