Custom artwork. US/CAN CARDS MOLD 2: The Quickening!! (5 Viewers)

none of these are hybrids, they have no recess the center of all of these are printed on the chip. only sunfly does the hybrid as far as I know

none of these are hybrids, they have no recess the center of all of these are printed on the chip. only sunfly does the hybrid as far as I know
I clearly have no idea what a hybrid actually is. Probably because I've never had any interest TBH.

I just want a cheap custom ceramic with a "plain mold" "clay chip" look, with printing in the middle.
I want this, with printing:

a42b6b6325cb1636fbb4f78959049adf.png

I clearly have no idea what a hybrid actually is. Probably because I've never had any interest TBH.

I just want a cheap custom ceramic with a "plain mold" "clay chip" look, with printing in the middle.
I want this, with printing:

a42b6b6325cb1636fbb4f78959049adf.png
These are all ceramic blanks that are being printed on top of. They cannot print on this chip blank because of the recess. It is a no go. I am not sure why Tina sent that photo to @SeanGecko . Maybe he can chime in but Bosco had them try and it didn’t work.

2. Split spots are an artefact of the hand made compressed clay chip process. After the spots have been inserted, when the chips come under pressure, the rolling edge will often not look perfect, the clay of the insert will squirt a little to one side or show a wedge shape. Picture stolen from @FDLmold :

b2d212f83c3dcb4687a17ebcb6600930.png

4. Texture; I want this surface (same source):

7d3e1bb76bf22d05a5bcb62002e27d11.png

5. Recess; B.b.b.b.ut, OP of first NAGB thread (picture stolen from @SeanGecko ):

cb4b50491c06ca29f9d3342349360f10.png
OK - gotcha on the split spots. Yeah, I wanted my chips to have that realistic look too, so I had my designer put it in. Tina will print whatever we send her, so whatever you and your designer come up with for artwork can be done. here's my complete setup as received from my designer, including edge spot design.

v5-Texas Flood Poker Club PRINT_Lineup.jpg

In addition to the split edge spots, I also asked him to make the spots somewhat irregular, not perfect. You can see that better on the pic of the T25 chip in my earlier post.

They can make it with a sticker for them as well. There are additional fees of course.
I suspect that fee from Tina would be fairly high, maybe an additional 50%, pushing the per chip price from 24-26 cents up to near 40 cents or so. I believe that the last Sun-Fly hybrid Group Buy was 60 cents a chip.

@mtl mile end If you want a no-mold chip, with a recess, and a laminated label, you would probably be most happy with the Sun-Fly chips. They are no doubt a step above these chips IF that's what you want. To me - most of the ones I've seen and handled do not emulate a clay chip as well as these do, so I personally don't like them as well. But they are seriously cool and very well made. I have several sample sets. There seems to be a group buy from them every several months.

Link to last Sun-Fly GB that just had the chips delivered this week:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...fficial-group-buy-now-open.60393/post-1275708

I've definitely never wanted a hybrid set. But seeing @Eloe2000 's Casa Mango set made me crave a ceramic (printed) that looks like a clay. If no plain mold option is available, then I'm back to; "someday when I've reached the end of the compressed clay journey, I will contemplate a full bleed ceramic set with no damn alignment issues".

Now I'm thinking about giant, shaped inlays and spots that are aligned (with splitting) on a traditional ceramic that's printed to look like a clay (i.e. some kind of boundary between printed "inlay" and outer rim).

I've definitely never wanted a hybrid set. But seeing @Eloe2000 's Casa Mango set made me crave a ceramic (printed) that looks like a clay. If no plain mold option is available, then I'm back to; "someday when I've reached the end of the compressed clay journey, I will contemplate a full bleed ceramic set with no damn alignment issues".
Nobody is ever going to mistake these chips for Paulsons. They are super cool FOR WHAT THEY ARE. Which is to say cheap chips. The price is mostly what makes them attractive. For 30 cents a chip to your door - They are OUTSTANDING chips. Vibrant colors. Infinite personal designs. Stack nice, feel nice, play nice. But they're not perfect and they never will be. Some of the edges won't align perfectly. You may get a few spinners. The artwork will never be as crisp as you could get on a Gear label or a Paulson inlay. A set of these will never make you want to sell your compressed clay chips. They have a niche. Because they're cheap, you can buy a LOT of them. For big tourneys. For your ham-handed drunk buddies who will throw them around, splash the pots, and drop them on the floor. They'll never be your NUMBER 1 set. But for what they are, they are damn nice.

Nobody is ever going to mistake these chips for Paulsons. They are super cool FOR WHAT THEY ARE. Which is to say cheap chips. The price is mostly what makes them attractive. For 30 cents a chip to your door - They are OUTSTANDING chips. Vibrant colors. Infinite personal designs. Stack nice, feel nice, play nice. But they're not perfect and they never will be. Some of the edges won't align perfectly. You may get a few spinners. The artwork will never be as crisp as you could get on a Gear label or a Paulson inlay. A set of these will never make you want to sell your compressed clay chips. They have a niche. Because they're cheap, you can buy a LOT of them. For big tourneys. For your ham-handed drunk buddies who will throw them around, splash the pots, and drop them on the floor. They'll never be your NUMBER 1 set. But for what they are, they are damn nice.
I totally agree. The Casa Mango set is stunning, that's what piqued my interest. I never, ever had considered these. But seeing how good they have the potential to look, I'm intrigued. Just need a few adjustments on my end so that I can work within the parameters. Initial plan is now in the garbage.

You're trying to say these are your butter face girl set?

1604128971335.png

Got an invite from @mike32 to play at his friends' dental office. Used mike32's FLV cash set with blank solids as fracs. @Marc Hedrick and @Azcat were both there, as was a few other local regs.

We started with HOPE. I was felted by @Marc Hedrick on the third hand, then I rebought and spun it up.

We finished with rounds of SOHE and BigO.

View attachment 565235View attachment 565238View attachment 565239View attachment 565240View attachment 565241

The Viva Las Vegas theme would be awesome for this GB.

OK - gotcha on the split spots. Yeah, I wanted my chips to have that realistic look too, so I had my designer put it in. Tina will print whatever we send her, so whatever you and your designer come up with for artwork can be done. here's my complete setup as received from my designer, including edge spot design.

View attachment 565230

In addition to the split edge spots, I also asked him to make the spots somewhat irregular, not perfect. You can see that better on the pic of the T25 chip in my earlier post.
When you get your chips, I'd be interested in knowing how much you like the 43s vs the 39s. I'm debating a 43mm tournament set.

Also, if anyone has the link to the chip designer that people used for this (the one that will also do edges), I'd appreciate if you could share it. For the life of me, I can not find it again. I want to do some work to narrow down my thoughts before I hire someone.

I totally agree. The Casa Mango set is stunning, that's what piqued my interest. I never, ever had considered these. But seeing how good they have the potential to look, I'm intrigued. Just need a few adjustments on my end so that I can work within the parameters. Initial plan is now in the garbage.

I don’t want to beat a dead horse, and I understand you are a clay person, but I feel like i don’t understand what is holding you back.

FWIW I am really only a minty THC/Card Pip guy, and I just grabbed these as a backup backup set not actually expecting to use these or like them. But I really like them a lot. And I already know my players, after a blind feel taste, prefer ceramics almost as much As THC chips.

I don’t want to beat a dead horse, and I understand you are a clay person, but I feel like i don’t understand what is holding you back.

FWIW I am really only a minty THC/Card Pip guy, and I just grabbed these as a backup backup set not actually expecting to use these or like them. But I really like them a lot. And I already know my players, after a blind feel taste, prefer ceramics almost as much As THC chips.
Not wanting to offend anyone, I think the "mold" choices (for me, IMHO) are fugly.

Can't bring myself to commit even a small amount of cash to creating something that I will not be happy with. And I've never put a tourney set into play with my group (I use my NexGens).

Just to clarify the above "meme metaphor", I'm looking for "hot chick, fishnets and toe shoes(!!?)" not "hot chick body, but fugly" - if that makes sense.

Not wanting to offend anyone, I think the "mold" choices (for me, IMHO) are fugly.

Can't bring myself to commit even a small amount of cash to creating something that I will not be happy with. And I've never put a tourney set into play with my group (I use my NexGens).

Just to clarify the above "meme metaphor", I'm looking for "hot chick, fishnets and toe shoes(!!?)" not "hot chick body, but fugly" - if that makes sense.
Could this be what you are looking for?

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...brids-burros-horseshoe-tournament-43mm.64665/

Don't recall if you said tournament or cash set. This is a great tournament distribution, a cool design that pays tribute to one of the greatest WSOP sets of the past, and is made on a no mold ceramic chip with a hybrid laminated label inlay. And at a very nice price. Better jump fast if you like them, because I suspect they won't last long.

Is anybody selling or lending samples from the first group buy for a hands on eval? I want to see how some of the designs and inlay actually look on the chip.

Is anybody selling or lending samples from the first group buy for a hands on eval? I want to see how some of the designs and inlay actually look on the chip.
I've only received part of my order, so I'm not doing sample sets yet. But I'd be willing to send you some chips on loan. How many would you like to have to play around with? I have 4 denominations in hand right now.

DM me. We'll work it out.

20201102_095512.jpg

Could this be what you are looking for?

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...brids-burros-horseshoe-tournament-43mm.64665/

Don't recall if you said tournament or cash set. This is a great tournament distribution, a cool design that pays tribute to one of the greatest WSOP sets of the past, and is made on a no mold ceramic chip with a hybrid laminated label inlay. And at a very nice price. Better jump fast if you like them, because I suspect they won't last long.
That's about it, but I would like 39mm and my own design. Essentially what you had made, but "Plain Mold"

These are available custom non - GB right?

What are the prices then, anybody know?
Technically, they are all custom. But if there is a set that you would also like to purchase, you need to contact the person who bought the set to see if you can also order their design. The price ends up being around $0.30 per chip after all shipping costs.

Technically, they are all custom. But if there is a set that you would also like to purchase, you need to contact the person who bought the set to see if you can also order their design. The price ends up being around $0.30 per chip after all shipping costs.
I would plan on doing my own design, and hoping to do it outside of the group buy to potentially get them sooner than the next group buy. I see that the price was about 30c/per for the group buy but I was curious on the cost outside of the group buy, if possible.

These are available custom non - GB right?

What are the prices then, anybody know?
Sean can confirm this since he bought his first set before the group buy. But it think it was 0.26 per chip with 1000 MOQ. We got it down to 0.24 per chip by exceeding either 10K or 20K. But shipping ends up being more per chip if you buy individually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom